cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazy hot and Eye Candy Wednesday!

It's supposed to feel hot enough to melt glass ice tomorrow.  Got some eye candy that can't melt and get sticky?  Please keep the pictures smaller to speed loading.  Live auctions aren't allowed.

101_0049.JPG

I managed to get pretty close to get this shot of Peter Cottontail.  My cat thinks he's too big to eat.

101_0062.JPG

Silver bracelet with some of the gilding worn off and leaf micromosaic inlay.  I think the marks are Portuguese, but they're microscopic.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Sold some jewels to a friend and purchased this off of her. I am working on replacing the blue baguettes and ordered some replacement rhinestones for the center.

It needs some TLC but this brooch was something I've never seen before and I really, really like it. The inside part kind of cup inwards. I'm excited to show the finished piece and learn more about it. This pictures really don't show how cool this brooch (potentially) is.  

repair.jpg

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Some Austro Hungarian bling, always nice and cool on a hot day.

IMG_6091.JPG

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Went to visit a thrift shop in the next county over, and they closed down.  I stumbled upon a real twilight zone consignment shop.  Most of the stuff was the owners or her mother's or her grandmother's..... most of the pieces were either $5 or $10.  Here are the $10 necklaces:

Ivory bead, ivory netsuke, amethyst beads, sterling clasp

20150705_185211-1 (508x640).jpg

Desert Rose Trading Co. by Jay King 20" coral and sterling necklace

20150705_190232-1-1 (640x508).jpg

Needs clasp repair, currently 28" of 14k and onyx beads, 14K clasp

20150705_191735-1 (640x551).jpg

12kGF bracelet, $5

20150705_193235_LLS-1 (640x430).jpg

Miscellaneous items, all $5 except for the sterling earrings, pink stones20150705_191015-2 (640x576).jpg test as topaz.  Flower is a sterling brooch/pendant combo.  I believe the memory wire bracelet is genuine turquoise, Tiffany bracelet a big fat fake.  

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Arlene, that is ab fab!  I love Austria- Hungary pieces, never found any... one of my Holy Grail items!!!

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Pot Metal Beauties

UB4452.jpg

UB4454.jpg

UB4443.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Arlene , I love that whole pile of BLING !

I thought this modern R.J . Graziano acryllic necklace was perfect for this thread . It is named Ice Queen !

Mermaid 🐳
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

OMG! OMG! OMG! I stepped in it this weekend! Sorry for the down and dirty photos but I am crazed this time of year and I can’t believe what I found, I just wanted to post them…

Vicky gold filled, coral and pearl pin; purple glass pin; vicky gold filled and faux pearl pin with a shell; sterling butterfly wing pin; Vicky sterling mesh coin purse:

Painted lace fan with unusual carved celluloid splines:

Unbelievably pristine steel beads vicky purse, the beads are shiny like they were made yesterday! I see similar pieces all the time but the beads are rusted because they were not stored properly.

Plus not shown I found a 1900-1920s embroidered piano scarf; 1860s embroidered draw string purse; 1880s mourning bonnet in chiffon and silk with horse hair (yes, really) and sequent decoration, black cape, collar and silk with black lace bodice. I can’t believe I found these! I am doing an antique show in 3 weeks I was worried about, really worried I didn’t have pieces old enough and good enough for a high end show. Now I have killer pieces!!!!!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

You're all killing it, even on a Wednesday!  Such exciting finds!  Mermaid, that gorgeous necklace just lowered my temperature at least 10 degrees!  I traded my flea market friend the doll heads I bought a couple weeks ago for these 3 pins.  Upper left is 830 Norwegian silver, white enamel flower is 925 Norwegian sterling, and filigree frame with glass over painted center is just marked 800.  It's also a pendant.  These are a lot easier to store than doll heads!

3pins.jpg

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Beautiful items everyone 🙂

Dream, I wonder if the upper left brooch might be a Sølje?
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I believe it is, OCN, based on the marks on the piece and the scant research I've done so far.  What I know about Scandanavian jewelry could fit in a thimble, so here I go down the rabbit hole Smiley Happy.

Marie, so happy for you and that amazing score.  Also for everyone else's awesome finds!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Dream not only are they easier to store but much better to look at also ! I don't know which pin I like best . They are all extremely pretty !

Go Marie , Go Marie , Go Marie , Go , Go , Go ! I am drooling over the beaded Vicky bag !!!

Mermaid 🐳
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

That beaded purse is a museum piece- congratulations!!!
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Thud. That purse is unreal. Dollars to donuts the seller had no clue what it was. At least for Mforjan's sake I hope s/he didn't. Dunno what one like that ought to sell for; there aren't any that good around here!

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I have to say wow now just send every item in all the thread to me! I love them all

Message 15 of 20
latest reply