cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

Well, not really, but I didn't want to do another Texture question title.  I actually have two questions on this pendant - one does anyone recognize the texture, and secondly can anyone make out these marks.  I've checked all the texture reference sites.  I can't make out the marks well enough to figure out what they are.  I'm not sure they are even the English alphabet.  I did find another similar scarab described as Czech.  It's a reasonable assumption, but that doesn't make it right.  Any help is appreciated.scarab-pendant5.jpgscarab-pendant6.jpgscarab-pendant1.jpg

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

That texture is familiar.  It almost reminds me of the flowers on jewelry by didae (Shablool) but too detailed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

Oh.... maybe the signature is in Hebrew???? 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

They used it left and right in the 70s.  No clue who used it, but I think multiple companies did.  None of them ever signed anything, darnitt.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

I think that the pic with the Mark should be turned 180. If viewed the other way around the Mark looks like it is a G or C followed by a 2. The back looks like a Pocket Watch I have. I think it is Swiss or German. Is this Silver?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

Can anyone send me the link to the texture research website? Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Egyptian Scarab Mystery

Yes, the silver is sterling.  It's entirely possible the mark is Hebrew.  It's not on the texture website.  But it looks so familiar to me too, it's driving me nuts.  I don't know if you can see around the edge of the scarab, but the texture is beneath it too.

I don't have the link of this computer, or I'd send it to you gems.

Thanks for the help so far.

Sherry

I set out to change the world. Then I saw something shiny
Message 7 of 7
latest reply