Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragons Breath?

Looking for any info on this unsigned necklace. TYIA002.JPG005.JPG

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Dragons Breath?

Can you please show a closeup of just 1 of the stones?

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

003.JPG

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

I think those are foiled art glass.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

Thanks! Any idea of age? maker?

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

They were probably made in Mexico, mid-20th century. A lot of foiled-glass jewelry using sterling was created there. I'm assuming the metal is sterling?

If not Mexican then possibly Czech.

No marks anywhere?

Foiled art glass jewelry is getting very hard to come by, so apparently there are many collectors out there. The prices have raised considerably over the past few years.

Your piece has particularly nice stones and should do very well if you list it. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

The setting is not silver as it attracts to a magnet. I would like to know more about the age of the setting back  and it's maker.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

My guess is Czech or Germany. I do see something that looks like a blue veil over the foiled art glass. Some people are okay calling this Dragon's Breath.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

Can you show a side picture of your stones? I can't pick-up a blue veil in these stones.  I have handled quit a few dragon's breath stones both older and newer and foiled and unfoiled.  But the blue veil has always been evident and generally looking at the stones from the side will show you the layers of the stone.  There are generally three layers.  The top layer is clear, the second layer shows a hazy blue or blue grey and the bottom layer is either the solid color or the foiling.  Here are some examples:

Dragons Breath 001.jpg

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

WOW Sandy!  I want those jools!

Carolynheart

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

Since it isn't sterling it could be alpaca, which resembles sterling but contains no silver.

But the construction on the back doesn't look right for Mexico, which did mostly prong-set foiled glass stones.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

I take that back about Mexico and prong-set stones; Mexican artisans did "cup"set often.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

I might see a blue veil. Its sooo hard to capture in photos if its not a traditional solid back.  I second looking at it from the side.  True dragons breath will show a fine veil within the glass, rather than on the base or surface, as in AB finish stones which are often confused with DB

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

001.JPG005.JPG006.JPGThese were taken with a flash, rainy day here

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Dragons Breath?

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Beautiful!!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply