cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&E donkey, authentic or "repro"

Im out of practice with these artiuclating pendants, and the chain didnt come with it. 

So Id like some opinions as to whether this is a D&E donkey, or a copy?  I dont see any broken scrolls, but its cast solid

Thanks!

donkey pendant first image.jpg

more pics to follow

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

donkey pendant detail.jpg

donkey pendant back.jpg

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There is one listed on eBay right now that looks identical to yours . In the listing it says " this fun piece can be found in Julianna Jewelry The Last Generation by Paula Knutson and Karla Wacker . " do you know Paula from this board ? If not hopefully someone will be along soon that has this book . I looked on Aged and Opulent and did not see it under necklaces , sets , or animals .

I remember when I was a little girl I had an Avon Bunny Rabbit like this . It moved from side to side . I loved it and your donkey pendant is so so cute !

Mermaid 🐳
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Cleio, I found the donkey on page 47 and then again on page 52 of Paula and Karla's book.  Although the back of the piece is not shown in the book, the front looks to be exact.  I haven't heard of these later pieces of D&E being reproduced and with them having very little bling I can't imagian that they would be.  Therefore I vote that yes this is the real deal.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I remember also in the yahoo hgroup talk of the molds being used by otehr companies and that the copies had broken scrolls, etc. I didnt see that in mine but without the chain I wanted to double check.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Cleio, if I remember right, and the memory is a little shaky at times, the ones that were discussed with the molds being reused, whern't they the ones marked DEC?  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi, I was thinking the DEC was also on a butterfly?  Darn memory!  Not for sure

Message 7 of 7
latest reply