cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D&E Waterfall necklace is NOT D&E ?

Hi All, I was always told that this necklace was known as the D&E Waterfall necklace.
I was searching for info on another piece and found the Waterfall necklace in the 'NOT D&E' Folder.
So it's not a confirmed piece ?
Just want to be accurate.

ec127.jpg
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Just for my information, which site is showing this as NOT D&E?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Here you go Sandy.

#s 358 + 359.

http://imageevent.com/julianajewelry/notdesets

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

If this were mine Cali, I think I would ask Paula to take a look at it.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Sandy, do you have her contact info ? Would you mind asking her to weigh in on this ?

Supposedly this is an iconic piece of D&E but I don't want continue the myth if it's not D&E.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Cali, I just sent a note off to Paula.  Hopefully she will stop by. 

As I've said before, I have a few problems with some of the pieces on this site, both with some of the verified and the not D&E pieces, that are shown.

I would go with what Paula says all the way.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Thanks so much Sandy. Smiley Happy

I have been questioning some of the Verified and Not pieces as well.

Some of the Not D&E looks almost exactly like some Verified pieces with no explanation on the differences and some Verified pieces have me asking "why ?".

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Same here.

I sent a piece in for verification even though it had odd atypical construction. The only reason I did so was based on the significant and almost identical attributes to a brooch in a confirmed Folder. It was almost immediately rejected. I did make note though of who asked after the other Brooch.

The site is not the same since it is no longer affiliated with Mr. D. (That is just my opinion, others may differ.)

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Crow, I haven't sent anything in since Mr D had to stop helping with the verifications.

They have quite a few of my old pieces in the Verified Folders but those were verified for me by Mr D via email. I sent them in to be added for education purposes.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I can only remember one instance before the Site was moved to its new location. Someone on one of the older Boards found a same piece in both the "Confirmed" and "No" Folders. The issue was fixed.

I am seeing many new pieces being added since the change that I never would have guessed were D&E. Seems a lot of the new additions sport a short list of consistent ID names, possibly for advertising purposes.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Cali, I congratulate you for seeking verification when so much jewelry is being listed as "Juliana Style," and, Juliana ?, with no correct attribution.  That goes for other makers as well.  Just something that gets under my craw.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

It is simply gorgeous and if it isn't D&E it should be. 

That being said, someone was complaining about the site a couple weeks back on the other board I believe.  Haven't sent anythng in for verification purposes since Mr. D was doing them so I can't comment on the site now. 

IMHO, we have enough people here, our own verifieds and plenty of books between us to not have to use the site for anything other than reference material. 

Photobucket
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Thank you Dream, I know most of us work very hard to get a correct maker IDed on a piece of jewelry.

It just undermines everyone who tries to do the right thing when pieces are misidentified, either by ignorance, laziness or outright fraud and I want my buyers to be happy and hopefully others will learn as I do.

Robin, it IS gorgeous and a well known set. Simply stunning in-hand and hard to photograph with good results.

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

That set is so wonderful Cali!

It is so hard for many of us that are new (speaking of myself, not you ladies) to get any verification on the D & E items. I rely on the 2 books I have and the website in the current form and the pictures we have here on this board. I was not around when Mr. Delizza was answering questions. I actually look to this board for most of my answers as I have come value, trust and respect the opinions offered here. 

I submitted some items months ago and I followed the size requirements to the T. I have heard nothing. 

I have no opinion of the D & E education site (opulant) in the current state, I have nothing to go on.    I know I want to list anything I think as Juliana D & E as confirmed. With the current site not seeming to be able to do that, what can be done? Is there something we as a board can do?

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

as you may know, I was a member of the original yahoo D&E verification site, as was Sandy.  I never qusetioned this being D&E.  I can only think there were copies made, which means that there is a verified version online. 

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 15 of 23
latest reply