cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coro?

DSCN0404.JPGThis is so heavily plated, I'm thinking Coro. What say you?  Thanks Carolynheart

DSCN0412.JPG

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Coro?

Hi Carolyn,

I'd wait until you have some good natural daylight and look at these with a loupe.

I've had some Coro i almost missed until I started taking my pics (outside) and for some reason the natural light seems to bring out the mark-when I use a flash it seems to mask the marking.

Pauline

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

BTW-NICE SET!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

Gorgeous heart

Somehow I do not associate baguette stones with Coro. More like Pennino?
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

Thanks so much Pauline, I will take outside tomorrow.

Crow you may be right, it is so heavily plated first one to come to mind was Coro.  I'll check out Pennino for sure. Thanks

Crow!

Carolynheart

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

Coro earrings are rarely unmarked.....other pieces in a set may be unmarked

more so on the rhodumium plated pieces as when cleaning,,,,the mark can be less visable to the eye

coro....havent checked my books.....

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

Been researching Pennino and a lot of their pieces were unsigned as Crow said.  *Since this article was written, more pieces of unsigned Pennino have been identified. It appears that not all pieces of sets or parures were always signed.

I am seeing a lot of pieces that have the same style as mine, don't think style is the right word but you know what I mean, some pieces are made very much on the same order as mine.

Carolynheart

Thanks Rosie!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

I have quite a bit of Pennino and for some reason the backs just don't look their work--usually they are more finished and not so thick- the fronts do look like some of their pieces though and they did use that type of stone frequently.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Coro?

Thanks Hertz, I appreciate that info.  Maybe I'll figure this thing out or they will remain unsigned beauties.

Carolynheart

Message 9 of 9
latest reply