cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoCo Chanel or not?

I have found 2 of these listed on here that are snake skin and look exactly like mine.  They are older and were not marked inside.  Just can't figure out what kind of skin or leather mine is.  Any experts on here care to give it a whirl?

Thanks, Carolynheart

DSCN9934.JPGDSCN9937.JPGDSCN9943.JPGDSCN9947.JPGIt was well worn inside and apparently loved.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

CoCo Chanel or not?

It looks like embossed leather (faux or real) to me. I question the over all quality of the metal wear. Chanel is very well made and I think this piece is not of that quality. JMO

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

CoCo Chanel or not?

Looks like alligator to me.  I just don't deal in Chanel to be able to give you an educated opinion on your item being real or not, sorry.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

CoCo Chanel or not?

Rainbow, look up CC snake skin bracelet on here and see the condition of the bracelet.  These were 1960.

Carolynheart

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

CoCo Chanel or not?

I checked out the listings. Thanks!

It is hard to tell from your photo but snake skin has scales and yours did not appear to have the scales, just the appearence of them. I see the wear on the metal in the ones for sale. I have had a couple of Chanel pieces  in the past and the plating was very thick. Not to say that it would not wear. Love the bracelet anyway...very classy.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

CoCo Chanel or not?

Thanks Rainbow, I'm not saying it is but if it's not I don't think the one listed is either. LOL  I'll just have to do more research, I surely do not want to list a fake.  Thanks for your input, it helps a lot.

Carolynheart

Oh, 10 4 on the gator Sandy. LOL

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

CoCo Chanel or not?

Also try lizard for the leather. Looks kind of like alligator but with a finer grain.

flotsamlogo
Message 7 of 7
latest reply