cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brooch, molded glass, open back clear and gold foiled rhinestones --guess on maker?

Any guesses on the maker of this?  The gold finish is quite worn on the back, but brooch seems very nice from the front. 2 inches long, the long rhinestones have an open setting on the back, some of those rhinestones have foil backing, others are clear.  Didn't know if this pointed to a certain maker.  Thanks for taking a look!

pin1a.jpg

pin1.jpg

pin2.jpg

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Brooch, molded glass, open back clear and gold foiled rhinestones --guess on maker?

Looks German-made to me

Have a Blingful Day!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Not sure who the maker might be, however many items may have been part of a set, where only one or two items in the set were signed. So it could be a signed piece.. the stones look like fruit salad and AB so I would say after 1950's for age. search for Trifari or Listner.

It is beautiful and could be one of those unsigned Beautiful brooch/pins.. 🙂

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you Freddy and Rain.

The front first reminded me of Austria, what with the molded glass, but will probably just go down as an unsigned beauty.

Having found both a Schreiner and D&E piece for the first time recently, my eyes definitely are taking a 2nd look at pins with rhinestones set in an open back setting like this. (Why I posted.)

The way the back is worn sort of points to maybe a lesser known maker.  The pin is in excellent shape from the front, I wonder if the plating was weak.  Either that or someone wore it to death.

Well, it might even be a keeper.  I like that it is rectangular. 

Thanks so much for taking a look.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I`m sure you have checked already...but the area I have marked..sure looks like  it might be a marking?

original.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have a similar one, with the molded leaf stones and ridged top settings, mine is marked AUSTRIA.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you 1940 and Cali.

Well, I went to get the pin, because the circled area does look like it could be a signature from the photo.

Alas, just some of the solder combined with wear.   Good eye, though!  I always check for signatures, but have been known to miss things.

Sounds like it is an unsigned (possibly Austria) beauty.  I really appreciate the extra eyes on this. heart

Message 7 of 7
latest reply