cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back into the Steambath Eye Candy Wednesday

They say tomorrow will be warm but dry, but the autoimmune barometer never lies.  Anyone got some eye candy to take our minds off the weather?

DSCF2516.JPG

Sterling and crystal Creed rosary.

DSCF2492.JPG

Givre molded glass rhinestone earrings.

DSCF2463.JPG

White and smoky quartz monster bead necklace.  I restrung it with the original sterling clasp.  Weighs a TON, but I figure some crazy woman in Texas or Florida will go straight for it.  There's some iridescence in the white quartz too, making it just that much cooler. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Got these beauties last week on ebay, they are sterling with enamel by H.C. Ostrem from Norway:

2OstremEnamelBflyPins.jpg

And not jools, but our new screened in porch is 95% finished. DH put the firniture together today Smiley Happy

We also have glass panels to put in when the weather turns cool.

CapeCodPorch.jpg

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

@mforjan love the comfy porch and those pins are very nice
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

A wise person told me a long time ago that if I didn't see jewelry at a yardsale - ask.  I've gotten most of my best scores by following that advice and from handing out my card. Walking up to a yardsale the other day, I noticed they were selling mostly tools and sporting equipment, but I asked for jewelry anyway.  The guy whipped around and asked me what kind of jewelry I buy.  I told him I buy gold, silver and vintage to new costume.  He told me to wait there and he'd be right back.  I chatted with his girlfriend while waiting and she told me he cleans out storage lockers and had come across one that was filled with jewelry.  When he came back and lowered the truck tailgate I was stunned!  There were 6 large boxes filled to the top with jewelry!  It looked like mostly department store and mall stuff, but when there's that much, there's bound to be good stuff mixed in.  I asked what he wanted for all of it and he asked me what I wanted to pay.  I told him I'd pay $200.00 for all of it.  He said, "Sold!," and added that he was sure there was gold and silver mixed in but he didn't have the patience or inclination to go through it all.  He buys storage lockers for "guy" stuff.  As I was leaving, I handed him my card and he said what I just bought was only half of it and that he'll call when he gets back to the locker to pick up the other half.  It took me 2 days to go through it, but pulled out over 2 ounces of gold and over 2 pounds of silver.  The department store jewelry will be donated to the local heart and lung hospital for their Fall costume jewelry sale.  Here's the haul:

The gold:

820161.JPG

The silver:

820163.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

YIPPEE! Great haul!

Tomorrow I'm going on a house call, a woman has her mother's costume jewelry (her mother would have been 100 years old this year). She said they are having a yard sale but wanted to have someone look it over first and I was recommended Smiley Happy

She did say they do the yard sale every year. Last year someone asked about jewelry, she said she had some but not with her. They left their card and she lost it, so she called me. I can't tell you how many times I left my card or people take it when I am selling at a show. But when they are ready, getting a recommendation is the best!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

<p>That is certainly a sweet score! Love these wide bracelets. I haven't been garage saling or to an auction in 2 weeks and think I'm going through withdraws. &nbsp;The rest of the tomatoes can rot. I'm outta here tomorrow!&nbsp;</p>
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Oh boy, Marie!  I'm so excited for you!  It's going to be tough sleeping tonight but who cares when visions of jools dance in our heads Smiley Happy!  There's no drink or drug that can compare to the anticipation of a great score.  Hope it's all that you're dreaming of!  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I know the feeling, tbmc.  If I miss more than a week of yardsaling, I go through serious withdrawal!  LOL!  Get out there and git ya some!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Now that's what I call a haul!

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Here we go...

In the pins on the right, the top is Victorian gold filled, 2nd from bottom is sterling and the bottom is gold. The Christmas wreath is Weiss. In the bottom photo are clip earrings, I usually don't buy them because I can go ages without any selling, but these were fun. I especially like the over-the-top ear climbers on the bottom!

Pins.jpgNecklaces.jpgBracelets.jpgEarrings.jpg

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Wow, Marie, you scored!  Those are beautiful pieces, all of them.  Glad you got to cherry pick before they had the yardsale Smiley Happy.  Good for you!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Update, in the necklaces, third from the top is jade, SCORE! Though, I wish I had found lots of gold like dream*peddler, but I did very well Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 12
latest reply