cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOO it's OCTOBER CHAT time!

BOO

Grab a cup of apple cider or a piece of apple crisp and sit and chat awhile.  

Cider  apple

ALL Welcome!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 182
latest reply
181 REPLIES 181

MMM apple cider!!

Opening day today, folks, bow season has started! i would have known that even if I didn't know it. Hubby was gone when I got up....sometimes it nice in the am to be alone! LMAO

Re wild tasting venison, i've never had any that was wild tasting, I've had some incorrectly prepared old tough buck that was pretty strong, but other then that its hard to tell the difference when it's ground up in sketti sauce...or veggie soup...or stuff like that! LOL Since we process ourselves what we shoot, that makes a BIG difference!

Hubby missed a doe this am 😞 so the freezer not getting full, yet! LOL He also saw two small bucks (that had to have been tiny) and a couple more does too far out to shoot and a bobcat!

Here's the newest picture of Cricket...took it last nite...:)

IMG_2479.jpg

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 2 of 182
latest reply

Morning!   Refreshing new digs! Thanks, Sandy

Wow..cricket & Pixie could be twins!  She`s rather elegant looking..all she needs is a rhinestone collar! 

Well somehow my plans always seems to get waylaid (self inflicted most of the time   lol)  

Decided to mow just around the  back & driveway & where we 'walk' as weeds getting so tall due to all the rain & dampness we have had..and now they say LOTS of rain possible from the hurricane..so anyhoo..decided before I needed a search warrant to find us..I`d raise the deck & mow down those weeds at least..next thing ya know I am mowing the whole yard..changing the height constantly to get thru the thick & the wet ..but I got er done & the trimming too!  Cat Very Happy

Had plans Sat to go to a town wide sale in neighboring town..then on to Greenwood to their small county fair..but forecast is for 90% chance of rain Sat..so guess jut to Greenwood thrifting. No sense trying any flea mkts as peeps will not be set up.  Oh well..at least we are comng out of drought..just hope the storm weakens or does not make landfall

Oct Nov Dec  end of year....dang! Where has it gone!!!!! Cat Surprised 

Guess I`d better get some indoor stuff done now..toodles!!!

graphics-autumn-741249.gif

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 182
latest reply

Thanks for starting Sandy!  Smiley Happy   My mom will be 90 and my son will be 40 this month.  

Still raining here.  Wanted to go visit my mom but don't want to drive I-75 where they are adding a tole lane in the rain.  Traffic reports say it's moving 10 mph through McDonough.  It's funny, but, going through down town Atlanta is a breeze compared to the McDonough traffic.

I have only had deer meat maybe once a long time ago so can't judge it.  My brother (who lives way out in the country) lets deer hunters hunt on his land.  They probably share the deer meat.

I am going with two college friends to see another friend on Saturday and we are going to Greensboro, GA to eat lunch and shop around. 

Everyone have a Happy Thursday!

Message 4 of 182
latest reply

Have a good time peach!   

Just now read & heard on tv..they are saying possible 5-10" of rain for us beginning Friday -Sun..not good as we are already saturated. 

Message 5 of 182
latest reply

I did try and find her a rhinestone collar, but I ddin't like any of the choices, so she just has a reflective one since she's been lost...poor thing got out one nite, then hitched a ride with a friend and jumped out three houses down from us. Had a heck of a time finding her, but SO glad we did 🙂

OMG! That's WAY too much rain! Hope you don't get as much as they are predicting!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 6 of 182
latest reply

635793026975141883-RPM.JPG

Does not look good  Cat Sad This is one time I REALLY hope they get it wrong. Fortunately we are not in a flood prone area..just probably scattered street floodings

Message 7 of 182
latest reply

Stay dry Sarah.  Hope the East Coast doesn't get hit hard.  

When my brother use to hunt, he always made Venison Summer Sausage, it was so good. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 182
latest reply

Where has the time gone???? Xmas right around the corner Oh my
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 9 of 182
latest reply

Last report said it looked like it was going more northeast
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 10 of 182
latest reply

Yepper..gonna be a mess everywhere..here`s the latest showing possibility of rain totals by the time it ends Sunday. 

Sun.JPG

Message 11 of 182
latest reply

Well paper just arrived (late)  I like IT`S forecast better..says  only 5-7inches for our area.  Guess it is a combination of 2 separate systems with the one coming from Tennesee Valley pulling additional moisture from Joaquin then stalling over us

Oh well.. guess will stay in & stay dry.  I bet the stores are gonna run out of milk & bread just like when they predict a snowfall Cat Wink

Message 12 of 182
latest reply

Ratsin' fratsin' storm!  I'm going to go out shortly for salad fixings for a funeral tomorrow = then in to stay hunkered down with a good book and a warm cat.  They still don't seem completely sure what's happening and governor declared a State of Emergency last night.  Stay safe, everyone. 

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 13 of 182
latest reply

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 14 of 182
latest reply

Smiley LOL