cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on the origin of this sterling & amber bracelet?

I think it's for sure circa 1970's.  I'm almost getting a Russian or Scandinavian feel from it, but it's hard to tell.  Any one else have any ideas??  No markings anywhere unforntunatey,  but does acid test at sterling.  It's missing a safety chain as well, maybe the mark was on that? Who knows!  Thank you for any help Smiley Happy

IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

This is the clasp

IMG_0186.JPG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best life lesson my father taught me - "Always be up to speed when entering the freeway, because you can slow down a lot faster than you can speed up."
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Poland is another European Country that produces a lot of Amber Jewelry. Marks could be very small.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Can you post a large image of the backside of the box part of the clasp. I believe I see a faint Mark or Marks.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Okay I tried to get a good shot of it.. I thought it MIGHT be a mark too, but then thought I was crazy.  It almost looks like a parital shield?  Sorry for the pics too, my 3 year old decided it would be a good idea to drowned my nice little point and shoot camera a few weeks ago, so I'm using the big honking camera these days. Thank you for your help OCN Smiley Happy

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0247.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best life lesson my father taught me - "Always be up to speed when entering the freeway, because you can slow down a lot faster than you can speed up."
Message 4 of 4
latest reply