cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas on origin of this black enamel grape leaf silver pin? funky safety-pin closure

sterling 211.JPGsterling 212.JPG

Marked silver   Why would there be a safety pin imbedded as the closure??  I'm thinking it's possibly European  (don't know why)   Looks like a grape leaf but those berries look strange and not grape-like  HELP!!!   Thank you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Any ideas on origin of this black enamel grape leaf silver pin? funky safety-pin closure

Not sure... but they could be white baneberry, snowberries, or white dogwood berries.  I don't know why the leaf is black!  It reminds me of those pins from the 1930s that have dots on them.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes it does I just thought it looked like a grape leaf
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The berries look more like those of virginia creeper whose leaves resemble grape leaves.  Except their real berries are purple and real leaves are greenSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Off to check that out Thank you

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I have a humongous Virginia creeper and the leaves are a bit more elongated.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

They did look longer I might have to chalk it up to an unknown I can't believe the clasp is a safety pin

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I've seen Russian paper mache pins made out of real safety pins.  It might be a Russian export piece of some kind. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Oh yeah I forgot about those ty

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It is a wild grape vine, but I don't know why they used those colors.

http://chickensintheroad.com/house/crafts/making-a-grapevine-wreath/

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

That's it!! Thank ya kindly

Message 11 of 11
latest reply