cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Info about Gorgeous Emerald Cut Blue Glass Dbl Drop Earrings

Estate Earrings-Couldnt find any makers marks, Glass? Setting called crown bezel? Age? Any information or thoughts greatly appreciated. Thank you!

160.JPG166.JPG167.JPG169.JPG

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Rhinestones, the prongs look like faux dogtooth prongs, they don't actually hold the stones, right? They just stand up straight? The texture on the back makes me think newer, within the last 10-15 years or so. JMHO 🙂
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I agree with mforjan . Looks like one of those newer lines from T.V. made to look vintage . You know modern in the vintage style .
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

BTW, I love them! I love vintage earrings but most are either clip or screw back and I can only wear pierced. Some can be safely converted but a lot can't 😞
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

You are correct, it is not held by prongs. I appreciate all your thoughts, the last thing I want to do is list an item incorrectly. I wouldn't want to purchase something that is listed "vintage" with only a sentence about how pretty it is, with no actual info. I am a novice when it comes to jewelry-vintage or not. I so appreciate the designers that signed their stuff-although, even with a signature sometimes you don't get very far 😉 I have a pair of rhinestone chandelier earrings signed ADN (I think the last letter is an "N") that I can not find any information on. I've been wondering if they are tv/qvc type product.  Any thoughts on these? 

063.JPG013.JPG

014.JPG

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

The blue ones are very fancy , pretty , and well made . I am surprised they are not signed .
The Chandelier ones do not look like any designers I am familiar with from T.V. They actually look a little older to me . See how they have the wear to the metal on the back ? The rhinestone color combination looks older too . I would be curious to see a close up of the actual rhinestones , to see their shape and settings .
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Just as a very WAG, might Lia Sophia earrings not have been signed? I ask because the backs remind me of the one piece of Lia I ever had - a necklace that I think dated from sometime in the 90s.

flotsamlogo
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Southernmermaid8 ~Im still looking over the blue earrings for a signiture but I have not found one yet. Sorry these are not the best photos. These earrings are not easy to photograph without a good set up and camera. These pics are just from my phone. You can see that the rhinestones are not prong set and that a few of  them are not glued in straight at all. Im not sure if those were loose stones reglued by the previous owner.

Also notice in the first picture that the 2nd tier with 2 flowers~look at the flower on the right side (with an orange rhinestone center) and you will see that next to the orange rhinestone it has a filled in flower "petal" where the rest are not. The matching earring does not have that, so I know that it is not missing a rhinestone like I originally thought when I first noticed it. I imagine that may tell you a little bit more about the earring- is that perhaps because a machine did not stamp it out? Human error with hand tools?

IMG_20150127_005733.jpgIMG_20150127_005733.jpg

IMG_20150126_155452.jpg

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Overall the chandelier earrings have a less expensive and well made feel to them . Glued in , wear to finish , etc .

Back to the Blue ones . I have looked through all of the top T.V. Designers that they remind me of , Jacqueline Kennedy , Nolan Miller , Kenneth J Lane , Scassi , Adrienne , and I have not found your earrings . In the first pictures you posted , on the top photo of the back of earrings ,the upper rhinestone , on the lower right corner ...Is it my imagination , or is there something resembling a faint hallmark there ?
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Hi have you looked at 1928 line of jewelry for your blue earings? Very nice and they do alot of the vintage art deco style..

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Great idea Rain !
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Thanks mermaid! also a jewelry line called ADN where you might find the other set, very nice by they ! :0

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I double checked where you suggested, but I was not able to find any clear markings. The textured backing sure makes finding those harder 🙂  

I will also look into Lia Sophia~ thank you for your help too! 

I really would like to list both pairs of these earrings so I'll keep searching! Thanks everyone!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Don't forget what Rain said about the modern company 1928 . They are known for doing the style of the blue ones .

She also said there was a Co. with the initials that are on the second pair .
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Rain ~thank you for your suggestions on the blue earrins. I'm looking into each of them.

On the other pair, I have not been able to find any information on a jewelry line ADN~ Can you give me any more direction on that? Please and thank you!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply