cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Ideas On This Lovely Brooch?

It`s 2".    Unique design the way the clusters of 5 marquis wire over to the front from the back (clear as mud..right?)  

Any ideas on origin? I`m getting a West Germany or Austria vibe, but alas, no marking.

Not quite sure how to descripe the larger pear shaped..all I can think of is a soft, muted Sabrina? That correct?

Thank ya!

DSCN6781.JPG

DSCN6782.JPG

DSCN6783.JPG

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Wreath with Opalescent Pear Cut accent stones 🙂
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

On my monitor they almost look like a frosted muted mint green.

Very pretty !

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

The first thing I thought of was D&E with the wire overs, the reforcement ring and the way the center marquise are set...side ways.  But I can't recall seeing one like this.  My guess would be Austrian, but I think I would ask Paula to take a look see, if it were mine.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Hadn`t even thought of D&E as a possibility..I`ll do research that direction before I ask about contacting Paula

Thank ya

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I didn't see it on the D&E Ed. Site. I checked Brooches & Sets.

Oh, that's a beautiful brooch

TEX
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Frosted bicolor?
Lovely, whoever it's daddy is.
Didn't Schreiner do the circle back thing? (Yeah, I should research before asking, but I'm in a lazy mood)
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Are the pear shaped beads glass? When I use to make lampwork beads, I would "etch" them in acid to get that matte look. Grinding afterwards would give that clear window affect. (This counts as my sole contribution to this board, lol, otherwise I'm an "asker"!)
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Yepper, all the stones are glass.  

Have tried to position a shot of the large pears..so you can see how the table is 'shiny' vs the matte on the  edges. It`s more of a matte finish than frosted (to my eyes anyway  lol)  or perhaps they are 1 in the same?

DSCN6789.JPG

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

A similiar design I found over at "betsy's" 

aka :  Vintage West Germany Gold Cast Frosted Green and Multicolored Givres Rhinestone Leaf Earrings

since we can't post the link...:(

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Thanks Di! Cat Happy Very similar in design also.  I do get a W Germany vibe on them  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Here you go Sarah:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/222532062/vintage-west-germany-gold-cast-frosted?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_se...

I would call the stones Misty Green Pear Shaped Window Sabrina Stones.  the brooch is quite lovely.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Looks like West Germany is correct . Love the stones on this brooch . She's a beauty !
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks all! 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply