cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antique earrings- is this a tiny creepy face on bottom of earring?

I am trying to imagine when my Minnesota Lutheran ancestors would have worn these and why? Front & back view attached.

WP_20150528_024.jpgWP_20150528_022 (2).jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It is a Alien lol

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

OMG these are beautiful -there is no creepy face that I can see, they are stunning.    Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm a devout Methodist (but I sub at a Lutheran School that my son attends) but I would wear them, LOL! Very pretty!

Diane

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I see the skull face at the bottom. Perhaps it is some kind of mourning jewelry?  I'd take them to a museum or an elder in the church to see what they thought of them.

Good luck on finding out.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I do see the skull face , but it doesn't look very creepy to me . I think it almost has a cartoon feeling . Then again I like skeletons and my mom always says " Why do you like those skulls and skeletons ?!! "

I agree ...I think they are very pretty and I would wear them !

Mermaid 🐳
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The photo isn't very good,it looks like just a continuation of the "beaded" wire design that covers the piece.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

They are fab!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your input! I agree it is crazy and I should have listened to my elderly relatives all those years ago instead of reading a comic book and saying "uh-huh" when they were telling me stories....
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

👽
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I don't think its an intentional skull thing...but they are pretty! if I wore anything other than silver sleeper hoops, I'd wear those!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 11 of 11
latest reply