cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I unsigned Hattie Carnegie?

I found this little guy in a case where it appears the dealer is going out of business.  She has the best top-quality stuff, and finally slashed her prices.  

I have not seen another one like it anywhere on the Internet.  There is a similar piece made by KJL for Sphinx; there is a current auction up listed as a blue-faced cat (not my auction, just for info) that appears to use the same mold, but my piece has the fourth leg bolted on the back, similar to other Hattie pieces.  The face is carved more intricately; the jaws are made of gold tone metal similar to the Hattie pirahna fish.  It is really well-made, and looks like it could fit into the Primitives on Parade line.  

What do you all think?  Thanks for your help.

Tiger front.JPG

DSCF3146.JPG

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The current listing (not mine, not trying to sell anything, for information purposes only) can be found using these words:

VINTAGE BLUE CAT EGYPTIAN REVIVAL PIN RHINESTONE PAVED RHODIUM 1960s SPHINX

They took the KJL reference off this listing, but when I researched this item, there was one on  "Gemstone Avenue" that was attributed to KJL for Sphinx.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't know but he's super cute
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sweet looking Tiger Cub? 

heart

I wish I could help.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I like him, too.  Looks like a quality piece.  Wish I could help with the ID Smiley Sad.

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks. I love him to death!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Nice find! I've never seen anything like it either, so I can't really help other than to say I wish you luck.  Try taking it to a local jeweler or a pawn shop, maybe one of those pros could tell you something about it.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply