cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APRIL CHAT ... keeping our finger's crossed

April

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Morning! Hard to believe it is April already!  

Still among the land of the living but barely.  Smiley Frustrated  I`ll be sooooo glad when all this crud is gone. I don`t like not being able to 'do' stuff.Cat Sad

Hope this month brings lots of good sales & some bountiful treaures to all on your hunts

imagesCAZWHZ4Q.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 105
latest reply

Sarah, so sorry you are not feeling well.  I heard that this stuff is really hard to get rid of, once you have had it.  Take care of yourself.

B4B, I'm so glad to hear that Buddy is doing better.  Good luck on the plants.

(((Rain))) rant away, that is what the chat is good for besides just running in saying hello and telling us what you have been up to.  Smiley Happy

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 105
latest reply

Do these not sound fabulous!  Not up to fixin today..but maybe tomorrow usin boneless chops

Pork-Chops-Image2-jpg.jpg

SMOTHERED CHOPS

5 slices bacon, chopped
6 bone-in pork loin chops, about 3/4-inch thick
Salt and Pepper
2 yellow onions, peeled, halved and sliced into 1/2-inch thick half moons
1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, leaving the drippings in the pan. If you have more than 2 tablespoons drippings, drain the excess. If you don’t have quite that much, supplement with canola oil. When the bacon is cool, transfer to a small bag or tupperware and refrigerate until later.

Heat the skillet with the drippings over medium or medium-high heat until rippling and hot. Meanwhile, pat pork chops dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook pork chops until they are golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes per side, cooking them in batches in the skillet if your skillet isn’t big enough to hold all six at a time in a single layer. When golden on each side, transfer the chops to the slow cooker and repeat with remaining pork.
Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of fat from the skillet; add onions, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup water to empty skillet. Using a wooden spoon, scrape browned bits from bottom of the pan and cook over medium-high heat until onions are soft, about 4-6 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour onion mixture over chops in the slow cooker. Add broth, soy sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar to skillet, bring to a boil and add bay leaves. Pour mixture over onions in slow cooker.

Cover slow cooker and cook on low until pork is tender, about 8 hours (or cook on high for 4 hours).
When ready to serve, carefully transfer chops to serving platter with a large spoon and tent with foil. Discard bay leaves and pour liquid through a mesh strainer into a saucepan, reserving the solids. Transfer solids to a food processor or blender with 1 cup liquid and blend until smooth. Stir the blended mixture back into remaining liquid in the saucepan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water together in a small bowl and stir into sauce. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar, season with salt and pepper

Message 4 of 105
latest reply

Those sound good, for sure, but also sound like a lot of work! LMAO. 

I did "it's shake & bake & I helped" pork chops for Monday nites supper....they are easy as pie and taste OH so good!

Bread Crumbs

Favorite Seasonings (I use Rileys and Seasoned Salt)

Parmasean* Cheese

4 bonelss pork chops 

Preheat oven to 350° Mix first three ingredients together in a gallon sized ziploc baggie. Sprinkle a bit of the mixture in the bottom of your baking dish. Drop chops in one at a time and coat them throughly, lay them in one layer in the baking dish. I usually then sprinkle some of the bread crumb mixture on top of the chops cuz I can never get enough to stick.

If they are thin chops, they should bake in about 30 mins. If they are thicker allow for 45 mins.

They are SO good and SO easy!!

*I know I spelled it wrong! LOL

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 5 of 105
latest reply

((( Rain ))) , Hugs to you . I could feel your frustration . SIGH !

Sarah , Sorry it sounds like you have the same FLU BUG I had at Christmas time ! It was awful ! Lasted almost 3 weeks ! Every time I thought I was feeling better , later on a new set of symptoms would hit me and I would feel worse ! I remember feeling so weak and feverish . I'm still horrified by it ! Hope you are feeling better soon !

Headed to the ritzy side of town's flower nursury today ( True Blue ) with my Mom and Mother in Law . It's such a nice nursury it feels like your in a fancy public garden . Need to get some soil for our water lillies we grow in large pots on the patio . Also looking for something white that will bloom for a long time . Wish me luck ! I'm happy to report that the high today is supposed to be 75 with plenty of sunshine !

💝 Mermaid
Message 6 of 105
latest reply

Happy April Everyone!   I am so happy March is over.

Message 7 of 105
latest reply

Hi everyone! Sarah hope you're feeling better soon! I'm so looking forward to warmer weather here in NE Ohio where we had a horrible winter! April, please be kind to us!

Message 8 of 105
latest reply

Good April Day everyone.. The snow went and came back and went again :)))

Sandy, thank for the OKAY to rant!!! 🙂

Sarah, hope you are feeeling better soon, you need to tend to the Tomatoes!!!

Mermaid, thanks for the Hugs, I can always use those 🙂

And fredi the food looks so good.. I will need to try that..

So I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday!!

Message 9 of 105
latest reply

I do believe ranting is good for the soul...venting too! LOL 🙂

about 72° here today...but cloudy..rained most of the am...right now we really don't need much rain...sigh...but April Showers bring May flowers...so it rains!

The farmers are already cussing the rain...I know I had about 30 (ok, not that many, lol) of them in here today...ugh...

We've already had one storm related claim...house fire caused by lightening...i haven't spoken with the insured yet, but I imagine that was pretty freaky!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 10 of 105
latest reply

Fredi, how do you make the degree mark?  I've always wondered about that.

Message 11 of 105
latest reply

Mornin all! Well hopefully I survived it, & it is almost over (takes awhile to get  totally over the cough I guess)

Ya`ll just  better hope you don`t get this one!  My choir director said in her 37 years of nursing she has never seen a flu bug/virus travel as bad as this one. She even had to cancel our Easter Cantata as several of us are ill ..then add in the ones that are being affected by the pollen..and it was a no go this year.

Weather is beautiful here right now and I love it.  My plants are doing fine..still scrawny looking, but they will eventually be good as new. Am eager to replant the ones the freeze got..& finish out my boxes..but have to wait till later in the month for the right time lol

Back in a bit..have to catch up on things 

Message 12 of 105
latest reply

Thanks for the beautiful new chat Sandy 🙂

I totally forgot it was April,,,,that's what retirement does to ya,,,no sense of time at all.

Sarah, my cough lasted like a month,,,annoying as all h*ll at night, hope it leaves you sooner.

My seeds are just sprouting only a few but I am so excited .

(((Rain)))) this is a great place to vent, whine away I usually do lmao...

Not much new here, winds have finally died down but now they saying flurries for Easter, so it's getting cold again. But we did break the all time record for heat the other day. Seems in 1882 it was a high of 82 and we made 83, just for a quick minute though 🙂

Not Easter yet but :

bunny.jpg

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 13 of 105
latest reply

Peach, hold down the alt button on the keyboard as you type 0176...° °

you have to have a full keyboard with the number pad over there on the right in order to do this...

I used to have a whole list of things you could get if you held down the alt button and typed numbers with it...but i've lost it...all I can remember is the ° sign 🙂 LMAO

Cold, cloudy...looks like it's going to rain/storm here...ugh...

I have a doc's appointment this afternoon. yay. i"m not sick, they want to do an annual checkup. They called in february to do it, and I said no way jose...i'm not sick and everyone around me is...and so is everyone else everywhere, so i'm gonna stay out of your germy doc's office till flu season is over 🙂 and while I did end up getting sick, it wasn't too bad!

I told my bossman this am that I wanted to wear a mask to the doc's office! LOL I'd also like to carry a can of lysol and spray it on everything I touch 🙂 not even kidding 🙂

Message 14 of 105
latest reply

Cool!     It works! (once I figured out to put the Num Lock on  Cat Embarassed)

It is 79° right now

Thanks Fredi

Message 15 of 105
latest reply