eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
What is the Global Shipping contact information for Pitney Bowes in Erlanger, KY?

Hello. I opted into the Global Shipping program shortly after it started and have shipped quite a few packages using the system so far. Customers in the UK and Canada have reported successful receipt but I have had 4 separate customers in Australia say that their packages have not arrived despite arriving at the Erlanger, KY reshipping center weeks ago. The only tracking information showing is arrival in KY. Customers are starting to get antsy since usually from the USA to AU is a week for Priority delivery. 

Who do we contact at Pitney Bowes or ebay in make sure that updated tracking information is in the system and that the packages have even left the USA? Is there a link, email or phone number? I have other customers who have told me there was an attempted delivery on a package showing on the tracking # but no notice was left? Who do they contact?

I am also concerned that I am going to get docked for slow shipping. According to rules I am only protected if items arrive in the KY shipping center in 4 business days. Shipping from WA, it takes a week. Is there going to be a shipping center on the West Coast as well?

I fear that there may not be enough people to staff the KY center and update the customs / shipping information accordingly. 

Who does my customer contact to check on the status of their shipment if the tracking # after KY shows nothing or there is a problem with delivery?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions: 4
yeah_hey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to countyourbeans

the re-shipper is Nnr Air Cargo Svc Inc 1.0 stars

1 Rating 1 Review

Your Rating

(859) 371-3339

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd, Erlanger, KY 41018

DO NOT USE THE GLOBAL SHIPPING SERVICE!:smileyindifferent:

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered

Not sure about the new shipping program, so I can't give you an intelligent answer about that.

I CAN tell you that Aussie customs is INCREDIBLY SLOW, and that may be the problem.

Community Member
Answered

I don't know about a contact link or number, but I did find this in the help pages:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html#protected

How sellers are protected  

Although you're responsible for getting the package safely to the US shipping center, you won't be charged if the item is damaged or lost during international shipping. You're also covered by PayPal Seller Protection, so you get the same protection for your international sales that you get domestically.

--------------------

I've used a "global shipping program" on other sites, and my responsibility was fulfilled once tracking showed I had delivered the items to the fulfillment center - they took it from there.  It sounds like ebay's new program works the same way, but don't quote me on that one.

I hope that helps...but maybe someone will be along with contact info for you.

“Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” - Coco Chanel
yeah_hey
Community Member
Answered

I am a seller and my package was returned to me from the Erlanger KY re-shipper. It was to go to Australia. The same customer who I sold the item to said another package he ordered from a different seller was also returned to that seller. I just received an order from England and they want to use this re-seller. I told them NO due to the fact they are unreliable.

Other Answers: 27
charles7875
Community Member
Answered

The shipper is not NNR Air Cargo or NNR Global Logistics!!

NNR has nothing to do with this or with e-bay.  We are an international freight forwarder that only works with manufactures.  We offer no services whatsoever to e-bay or it's clients.  The company that you are looking for is in the same office park building as NNR.  It's actually become quite frustrating that people are assuming that NNR is who they are looking for.  Countless e-mails, phone calls and people stopping by with packages that we refuse.  Try calling this number for more information regarding the shipment of your items

Pittney Bowes Customer Service

1-888-727-0781

Community Member
Answered

I am waiting on a package to arrive from the US to the UK. The auction ended on 2nd April 2013 I paid the same day and had no tracking number or information of ANY kind until the 10th April. 

The idea behind the Global service is a good one but it is in grave need of improvement. The tracking information provided by Ebay is extremely poor. I cannot find details of the shipper. Unlike the USPS which gives quite detailed information on your parcel this does not. As they use numerous shippers its impossible to track where your parcel is at almost any time other than when it arrives at the Erlanger US shipping centre.

I would not recommend this new Global Shipping Service Ebay offer and I would never use it again if I can help it. Much easier to simply track it through USPS or whoever then pay the fee when it arrives, far simpler if you ask me.

penoozer
Community Member
Answered
Shenanigans! I'm calling "Shenanigans!" on this whole Pitney Bowes/eBay shipping program. I'm an American expat now living in Sweden so I know exactly how long things should take to arrive from The USA to Europe....and if and when Sweden will charge me import duty. Pitney Bowes not only made the seller who I bought a used $25 CD Box Set off of collect $16 in import duty from me, but they are now closing in on an entire MONTH since I paid for this, yet I have no box set in my hands. First of all, it takes 7-10 days to get a package from USA to Sweden and secondly, I should not have to pay any import duty on an item less than 500 Kronor ($75). There is no "real" tracking number provided by Pitney Bowes to the eBay seller or buyer. It just seems to be a Pitney Bowes internal number that is not recognized on the USPS or Sweden Posten websites (All normal packages from America have "US" at the end of the tracking number, but this one is all numbers.) It's also funny that through eBay the tracking says a delivery attempt was made to me....at 11:17pm on a Saturday night! We don't have Saturday mail here in Sweden and the normal mail comes between Noon and 2:30pm. So I don't buy this "delivery attempt" claim whatsoever (where is a package pickup slip if that is true, too?). I will never, ever make the mistake of buying anything from an eBay seller who uses Pitney Bowes. You pay unneeded fake customs fees, it takes 3-4 times as long as regular mail, and they flat out lie about the whereabouts of your package! Caveat Emptor indeed!
Community Member
Answered

my suggestion. opt out of the greed-bay shipping program. it's a half assed operation at best. i've sent 3 items using it. and all three have been a headache.  greed-bay says that i need to do this and the customer needs to do that. while they do nothing. when i ship a record to a customer. i send a full contact sheet with a list of inventory that is similar to what they ordered. and, start a direct, one on one conversation with the customer.  cutting greedbay out. saving the customer money. because my pricing on there reflects the 10% fee i have to pay on postage and the sale. and, it reduces the headaches from other issues incured dealing with the greed-bay system. for me and my customers. 

Community Member
Answered

I've found this info for that location:

http://www.manta.com/c/mxll7l5/pitney-bowes-inc

Pitney Bowes Inc

1850 Airport Exch Boulevard

Erlanger, KY 41018

Phone: (859) 457-6805

email: pbisgspcs@pb.com

Community Member
Answered

I ordered an item on ebay from New Jersey. The seller used Pitney Bowes for shipping (I've never heard of this before, have only received items via USPS). I am on the east coast of Canada (Nova Scotia) and according to the tracking my parcel is going to Kentucky. The main reason I ordered from this seller was the fact that they were the closest to Nova Scotia (approx 760 km away). Why would my parcel be going in the opposite direction?

Community Member
Answered

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I have buy some boots in USA. I opted into the Global Shipping. I read this post and I was really afraid to do not receive my package. I like to say that my boots came 1 day in advance. Normaly date was 21 september 2013 and I received my boots on 20 september at 11 am. The tracking was less precise than USPS but correct.

Kr

eblenn
Community Member
Answered
I want people to know about my experience with Pitney Bowes. On the contrary, they're a very thoughtful company because they even sent me a little present! (I've attached a photo so I hope it will be visible). Here's what happened: Recently, I've made 3 purchases. 2 of them went through USPS. The last purchase is the only one that went through Pitney Bowes. Pitney Bowes uses FedEx for transit from USA to Australia. The item I received was Shoes! And Used at that! The Tracking Number from the eBay item (you click the Global Tracking Number link and READ all the text in the popup). In my popup it said that the item had been transfered over to FedEx. And, there was a FedEx Tracking Number in the Popup! So naturally, I had to go to the FedexAU website and paste the fedex tracking in there. The item still shows as "In transit - At local FedEx facility - HONOLULU, HI" on the FedEx AU site, so my Turner Microphone hasn't arrived Yet. It may still arrive in the next 24 to 48 hours (either that, or it'll never arrive and I get the used shoes instead?). The thing I don't understand is that Pitney Bowes sent me these rotten shoes, and I can't seem to associate the shoes with any of the sellers! So I'm left asking myself: Why did Pitney Bowes send me a Used pair of Shoes? I've still got about a day or so until the ETA date expires. But if the mic doesn't arrive then I'm going to have to file a dispute against the Seller. I really hate going this because it's most likely Not his fault, but I don't want to be out of pocket for well over $200! This is really bizarre! See attached photo. (and No, I don't purchase shoes from the USA. I bought them here in Australia).
Community Member
Answered

Hi,

I recently bought an item fron EBay.

It did not arrive.

Seller definitely sent it    BUT   Pitney Bowes sent me the wrong item !!!

It was impossible to find out who got my item   which was an antique   very dissapointing.

PayPal refunded all my money     Kudos to PayPal.

What on earth are Pitney Bowes doing?  Their systems suck.

Australis

Community Member
Answered

countyourbeans wrote:

Hello. I opted into the Global Shipping program shortly after it started and have shipped quite a few packages using the system so far. Customers in the UK and Canada have reported successful receipt but I have had 4 separate customers in Australia say that their packages have not arrived despite arriving at the Erlanger, KY reshipping center weeks ago. The only tracking information showing is arrival in KY. Customers are starting to get antsy since usually from the USA to AU is a week for Priority delivery. 

Who do we contact at Pitney Bowes or ebay in make sure that updated tracking information is in the system and that the packages have even left the USA? Is there a link, email or phone number? I have other customers who have told me there was an attempted delivery on a package showing on the tracking # but no notice was left? Who do they contact?

I am also concerned that I am going to get docked for slow shipping. According to rules I am only protected if items arrive in the KY shipping center in 4 business days. Shipping from WA, it takes a week. Is there going to be a shipping center on the West Coast as well?

I fear that there may not be enough people to staff the KY center and update the customs / shipping information accordingly. 

Who does my customer contact to check on the status of their shipment if the tracking # after KY shows nothing or there is a problem with delivery?

Thank you!

I recently ordered and paid for an item sold on ebay, and was expecting it to be mailed to me as advertised, International Priority. Instaed, I find that it has been sitting in Erlanger KY for a week, with no information on what is going to happen next. I opened  dispute through Paypal, only to find that its Paypal/ebay who operate this ridiculous mailing system, and my dispute is now against them. I don't think it will go my way, as they have escalated the dispute to a claim.

How stupid is that? I still dont have my items, which I have paid for, and I'm being blamed.

I will know that from now on, not to buy from any seller who uses this system. I think ebay have shot themselves in the foot on this. I like many others will stop using ebay, and start using one of the many other online auction sites.

Community Member
Answered
Had a package sent November 15th and it's been sitting in Hawaii for 4 days so far
Community Member
Answered

I am living in Finland and have used the GSP twice. In my cases the packages were shipped by International Mail Logistics from Erlanger to Germany and from there by UPS to Finland.

kikab79
Community Member
Answered

Here is their numer in KY

888-727-0781

eblenn
Community Member
Answered

Update about those rotten shoes:

They'll be thrown out.

Regarding my 1st (longish) post above, where I said:

"(and No, I don't purchase shoes from the USA. I bought them here in Australia)."   I mean to say, "I BUY them here in Australia"  (I did Not buy these shoes!). Stupid typing errors:smileyhappy:.

Now, update on the Microphone:

The parcel that I'm expecting the Microphone to be in, going by FedEx's tracking, has landing in Australia, so that's good.  FedEx's ETA for the parcel has come and gone. I'm writing this post on Friday, 18th October 2013, Melbourne (AU) time.  The Mic's ETA was yesterday (Thursday). There's No update today so the Mic won't get here until next week now  (there was a delay in Hawaii).

The strange thing is that the Shoes arrived quite fast.  I wonder what the hold up was? I just hope the Mic hasn't been taken out of the box. It probably hasn't been.  I'll update another post when/if it gets here.

Update with something else:

Just yesterday I watch a Youtube video of a guy that bought some PCB's  (I think he means Printed Curcuit Boards?), and they came in long skinny boxes (thin /not ver high).  When he received them , the boxes were sqaushed!  They came through Pitney Bowes  (from USA to China, but he looks and sounds American). He probably living in China.  He said what happens  (or it seems)  that Pitney Bowes opens the parcels to check the items, but also removes some of the internal packaging from the boxes in order to make the parcels smaller or lighten the load further  (I can't remember the guy word for word), but you get the idea.

This wouldn't surprise me, because this would save Pitney Bowes money by not costing them as much to forward the parcel on; but either way though, Pitney Bowes should NOT be removing ANY internal padding, if this is the case   (what do you think protects the items!?), and they also should NOT even be opening the parcels, if this is the case.  They should be x-rayed.

Actually, Pitney Bowes shouldn't even be used At All for international shipping!!!  This is for two reasons:

1: If the seller hadn't of suggested to go through the Global Shipping Program and gone through USPS as I originally asked, I'd probably have my Microphone already, and

2: It would have most likely arrived faster.

A Note about the Shoes "contents" as listed on the computers at FedEx:

I rang FedEx Australia and spoke to a guy about the shoes that arrived and asked him about what was on the Customs Declaration regarding the box's Contents.  He told me that the Contents of the box  (that the Shoes came in)  was listed in their system as being a:  "UNIDEN Bearcat 980ssb CB Radio".  (it should have said "Contents: Shoes").  Interesting, no? It gets better!

That's quite strange because I actually DO have a Uniden Bearcat 980ssb CB Radio here.  But I didn't just buy it, I bought it several Months ago!   My theory has been that the old data was used and they sent my shoes and tried to steal my Mic, but I'm probably wrong.  So I'm starting to think that it's a genuine mistake.  Mistakes happen!  So let's entertain that theory.....

Step 1:  Seller /sender posts the parcel /box to **bleep**ney Bowes.. er, sorry, I mean, Pitney Bowes. The label looks like this:

Richard Clarke, REF: ERFWER0000000549854398  (or some number).

1850 Bullsh*t drive,

**bleep** lane, KY, 123456

United States.   

Shi, er, Pitney Bowes would then look the reference number up in their system and see who it's meant to go to. Now that's not too hard, is it?  After  (we assume) they open the boxes and remove some of the internal packaging  (if this is the case), put a sticker on the box over the previouse label.  Which is fine.  The sticker is addressed to the intended recipient.

Now, my name is NOT Richard Clarke, but after peeling the sticker of the shoes parcel, I saw the name Richard Clarke. Because I don't know for a fact that anything is suspect  (although it appears to be), I can't honestly accuse them of foul play so I have to say that they've most likely just made a stupid mistake.  Who knows, maybe someone already lost their job over it.  I hope not, though.

I've been on the phone with eBay's Global Shipping Department and spoke to someone about it. She informed me that Pitney Bowes is in her building and will go there to speak to them.  I don't think she rang me back since that phone call  (or I can't remember).  I've given Pitney Bowes 2 fairly long emails, including photograph of the shoes, the original label with the name 'Richard Clarke' on it.  And wrote to them about the video I had watched, and also about other people I've read about, and my concerns about their business practices.  I really gave them a serve, which is why they probably didn't reply a second time.

However, I didn't swear in the emails, because I think it's important to always keep composure and try to stay professional when giving someone a serve.

Anyhow, too much dribble to type /couldn't be bothered.  I need sleep.

If I remember, I'll be back next week with a much shorter post with the results of the parcel I'm expecting to contain a Turner Microphone.  (new in box from the '70s).  I'm hoping that Pitney Bowes haven't removed the original box or any of the bubble-wrap.  If they have, I'll be really **bleep** off.

Ciao for now.

eBay Employee
Answered

Hi countyourbeans. 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with those Australia items. 

I would be happy to try and do some digging from this end. Please send me a Private message and provide details on the transactions in question (transaction #s, eBay user id used on all, registered eBay email addresses used on all, dates, etc.)

Also, as far as getting dinged for slow shipping, the GSP info page states it this way:

"You’re protected from negative or neutral feedback resulting from your item getting lost or damaged in international transit. Detailed seller ratings for shipping and handling charges and shipping time that are below five won’t count against your seller performance standards."

Hope this helps. And please reach out via Private Message if you'd like further assistance. 

---Ben

marinehq_boat_supply
Community Member
Answered

The ebay GSP number is: (888) 727-0781

Community Member
Answered

We are also having problems with the Global shipping as a buyer here in Australia. The problem seems to be at the US Shipping Centre ERLANGER, KY.

We bought a gymnastics bar for our daughter which included a gym mat.

We received the item yesterday which was the main pole to swing on and the two support poles. The base of it is missing and the mat.

After a stern email to the seller (who only gave me one tracking number),they assured me all of the items were sent but in three seperate packages. After the seller gave me the other 2 tracking numbers I find that all items were posted on same days and travelled from IN to KY however only one of those items kept travelling to Australia and the other 2 parts of it have been sitting at ERLANGER, KY since the 14th of October.

The seller has said in there item it should arrive by 26 Oct to Nov1. 

Once the first item was picked up by Fed Ex we had no problem tracking it through there web page. It only spent 3 days in Hawaii. Am unsure who I can talk to now whilst the other 2 items are at a standstill.

Will try to contact through the above suggestions.

leonag1934
Community Member
Answered

The international shipping program has been great for me, except for this last time. The buyer claims he did not get the item and when I track it, my trail ends at the shipping center. They say it is shipped, but no way for me to track. Good thing is ebay says my responsibility ends at the shipping center. If I get a negative for shipping, it will be removed. We'll see.

• Although you're responsible for getting the package safely to the US shipping center, in general you won't be responsible if the item is damaged or lost during international shipping. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program Seller Terms and Conditions. Undeliverable items may not be returned to you.

eblenn
Community Member
Answered

An update about my Turner Desk Microphone:

It arrived safe & sound a couple of days ago.

eBay Employee
Answered

Hi stevebfc.

Below is a cut & paste of my response to countyourbeans back in November. I think it applies to your issue as well. 

Keep in mind that with the GSP the seller is responsible for getting the item safely to the US Shipping Center. eBay / Pitney Bowes takes it from there, and becomes responsible for the item's delivery to the buyer. This also means that if an item is lost or damaged during international transit, that eBay/PB are "on the hook"; therefore, claims would then technically be against eBay/PB and not against the seller. (assuming of course that the item makes it to the Shipping Center)

If have any further questions please feel free to post back here, or send me a Private Message. Thanks. 

---Bennett

(Here is the reply I posted to countyourbeans)

Hi countyourbeans. 

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with those Australia items. 

I would be happy to try and do some digging from this end. Please send me a Private message and provide details on the transactions in question (transaction #s, eBay user id used on all, registered eBay email addresses used on all, dates, etc.)

Also, as far as getting dinged for slow shipping, the GSP info page states it this way:

"You’re protected from negative or neutral feedback resulting from your item getting lost or damaged in international transit. Detailed seller ratings for shipping and handling charges and shipping time that are below five won’t count against your seller performance standards."

Hope this helps. And please reach out via Private Message if you'd like further assistance. 

Community Member
Answered

hello i am in the same situation were 2 parcels have been sent to me in australia,both confirmed to be delivered to pitney bowes but only 1 confirmed delivered to fedex.

maybe early christmas presents for the workers?

i will be very wary about his in the future.

Community Member
Answered

How do I opout of Global Shipping Program. I am having a BIG Problem recieveing the correct shipping cost I always calculate shipping cost after I recieve zip code from buyer I no longer can do that. I cant't send a invoice  Help

jeaniebenjamin
Community Member
Answered

I think it's not a matter you can handle at this point.  To protect yourself, contact customer support and report your situation.  I'm also concerned about shipping globally - though, haven't experienced it yet, but will tomorrow.   The buyers have protection and since they are antsy, they should also contact customer support - as long as you have stayed in contact with them, they have to know it's not you.  That is a ver good question for customer support, though.  I have found that when a customer gives you a neutral or negative feedback, there is very little you can do.  Some customers are not worth the price of doing business, but there is  little you can do and Ebay is mostly on the side of the buyer.  I have thought strongly about only selling within the US - may be something you want to consider or in the future, on future new listings - let the buyers know there is a longer shipping time for global international beyond your control.

Community Member
Answered

Fyi, timely updated info can be found via the tracking in Paypal. 

Community Member
Answered

I recently ordered and paid for an item sold on ebay, and was expecting it to be mailed to me as advertised, International Priority. Instaed, I find that it has been sitting in Erlanger KY for a week, with no information on what is going to happen next. I opened  dispute through Paypal, only to find that its Paypal/ebay who operate this ridiculous mailing system, and my dispute is now against them. I don't think it will go my way, as they have escalated the dispute to a claim.

How stupid is that? I still dont have my items, which I have paid for, and I'm being blamed.

I will know that from now on, not to buy from any seller who uses this system. I think ebay have shot themselves in the foot on this. I like many others will stop using ebay, and start using one of the many other online auction sites.

amppi
Community Member
Answered

I have also an order coming via Global shipping and the funny thing is this:

Last Friday I checked my trackings (about one week went by before I watched it again) and it said that my parcel was in Helsinki on 20th of March and that the "receiver rejected the package/ Didn't order it". I thought what the hell and contacted the seller; told about this and contacted the biggest companies in Finland if they have any clue of my package.

None of them did, not even with my name. They asked me to contact the seller who asked me to contact the Kentucky center to get new tracking codes (I have 2 but they don't seem to work anymore). UPS said also that I should have had an e-mail that they have my parcel; come and get it.

Why would I reject a parcel I've ordered? Why doesn't nobody know anything about it?

Of course I've paid for it already. I have just been sending e-mails aimlessly to any companies I know who could help me. Now the parcel is in Dusseldorf...

eblenn
Community Member
Answered

Sorry, I ran out of time to edit my post, so I appologise for not being able to add paragraphs to neated up my last post.

Anyhow, here's the photo I was trying to attach (the used shoes from Pitney Bowes):

Shoes from Pitney Bowes - 15th OCT 2013.JPG