eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
My buyer lives in Zambia. My problem is that i listed my item will be shipped for free inside USA. Now how do handle this?
My buyer lives in Zambia(Africa). My Question is, i listed my item to be shipped for free in the States and  the international  shipping costs are crazy... and mine is a keyboard set with all accessories. It will end up  in a big box.

Please help me what to do now? should i ask the buyer to share the shipping cost? what if he does not want to buy it anymore? I am so confused!
Accepted Solutions: 2
inceptions
Community Member
Answered
in reply to madhusara
No you don't ask the buyer to share the costs. You invoice the buyer for whatever the costs are. It's not up to you to determine the costs are crazy. I ship items internationally all the time that have a higher shipping cost than item cost. Shipping is what it is and it's the buyer's decision what is costly and what isn't.

As advised, go to usps.com, find the cost, offset it a little if you want to with what you've added into your selling price for US shipping, and send the buyer an invoice. If you don't receive payment within 4 days, open an unpaid item case as you normally would.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to madhusara
Go to usps.com and find the shipping cost to Zambia.  Choose a service that provides you with proof of delivery.  Don't fret about the cost. It will be expensive, but the buyer should expect that.  If he doesn't want it just send him a request to cancel and start over.
That's part of selling on eBay.
Other Answers: 3
Community Member
Answered
in reply to madhusara
DITTO the above response.

You should use USPS Express Mail International to ship your $220 keyboard. It has great tracking, (to most countries) signature delivery and insurance. (make sure you buy insurance and charge the customer for it)

Yes it will be expensive, but that is the buyer's problem...not yours. Get the cost to Zambia.  Change the ship cost on the invoice and send. When paid and paypal says OK to ship...then ship.

As mentioned, if the buyer wants to cancel because of ship cost, then send a "cancellation" request for the buyer to approve. (Get them to agree to approve before you send the cancel request...if they decline, ebay will not refund your FVF) When approved and fees returned...relist.

If you do not want to sell and ship overseas, then you need to set your blocks, so international buyers cannot bid on your auctions.

Good luck
Community Member
Answered
in reply to madhusara
Hello again. I should add, include your box/packing cost on top of the ship & insurance costs.

And package well. There should be no movement in the box, when you close the box flaps, (just before taping up) and shake the package vigriously. If there is, put in more packing material.

Good luck

...I would let the buyer cancel, if they want out because of ship costs.
janet9988
Community Member
Answered
in reply to madhusara
Yes do as above with the shipping getting a quote for delivery confirmation and thats what the buyer should pay.

I would not do a cancel transaction. I would do an unpaid item case. Just for the simple fact that they did not read your listing that stated US only so  I would not expect them to read a cancel transaction request properly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~all the info that you need to read is here....
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/overview.html