cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert and EBAY Fraud Report Failure

If EBAY is listening, I've been trying to report fraud for the past many months. There is a bug in your system that prevents MAC users on any browser from clicking the Report a Problem button. The layout failure places text over the button and eliminates the clickability.

Everyone else, There is a long term fraud being perpetrated on EBAY by Chinese sellers. There are multiple sellers accounts that offer the exact (in some cases) or similar listings for Hoya Seed. One such seller is cherry-blossom2015.If you do a quick search for Hoya Seed, you will find multiple listings each using the same imagery and text from multiple sellers. Here are just a few as of 6/28:

94racing-us

ss_487

siyaowang2014

smalix

The scam is perfect as they do actually send you seeds - but they are never HOYA seeds. And, as you may know, seed takes time to germinate. Enough time passes before the grower knows what they have received (time to germinate) so that feedback and returns are no longer possible.

Hoya seed have a very short shelf life. 14 days is the most used number. The fraudulent listings take a good deal longer to process than that; even if they did send actual Hoya seed, they would never be viable.

If you read through the entirety of their posts, what they are selling changes in several places. In the title 300pcs Mix Hoya Carnosa Seeds Potted Ball Orchid Flower Plant Seed Home Garden 

there are discrepancies. First, they state Hoya Carnosa seed. Then they add Ball Orchid Flower Plant Seed. Hoya are not orchids.

Scrolling down, you will often find the ad states: "Package included: 300pcs x Lycoris Radiata seeds" - NOT Hoya! Lycoris radiata is a red spider lily - which would be nice too - but what I received was CLOVER. Yes, weed seed.

The seller I bought from cherry-blossom2015 has promised over the past many months to refund the purchase. It has not happened. This is another brilliant scheme - just wait us out. The cost was minimal, $0.99 I believe, so most of us are unlikely to spend the time and effort to get a refund - much less report the scheme to EBAY to protect someone else.

So, EBAY - what are you going to do? I'll be happy to share my communications with cherry-blossom2015.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-28-at-11.43.29-AM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-06-28 at 12.00.07 PM.pngScreen-Shot-2017-06-28-at-11.58.53-AM.jpg

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0