Hobbies & Crafts
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is VHY Hawaiian Textiles fabric colorfast?

I have a large piece of VHY Hawaiian Textiles fabric which I'd like to wash because it has some light stains on it, but I'm hesitant to do so for fear that the colors might bleed and ruin the cloth. I've read online that this fabric is preshrunk, but...

AAA 129.jpg

Vintage Sewing Pattern Question

I recently received a large lot of vintage sewing patterns that I plan on listing. I was wondering if there is any way of dating these? ObviousIy I can get a general idea based on the pattern style and picture on the front but some of these are unope...

Vintage Crewel Embroidery Kit - Value

I am looking for help regarding the value of Sunset Stitchery crewel embroidery kit #2218 "My Toy Room" by Judith Koch Dick. Another seller has this listed for $99.95, which I think is unreasonably high. I could not find information on this kit on th...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

What would this be called?

Hi, can someone please tell me what these 2 pieces would be called .... needlepoint, crewel, etc. I saw the post about 'needlework' but I still have no idea. Thank you!

1.JPG 2.JPG

Resolved! Help needed identifying Featherweight 221 attachments please?

Hi, I have 6 attachments for a Singer Featherweight 221 Sewing Machine. I'm pretty sure that the one in the center of the second row is an edge stitcher, but I have no idea about the rest. I'm also thinking the upper left one might be a ruffler, but ...

JFeet.jpg

Tips on Beading Needles

Hi! I need some expert advice on using big eye needles. I only make matching stretchy bracelets to send along as free gift with my clothing sales..seems like I am constantly having to buy new needles as I bend mine. Is there a 'best' kind to buy & ho...

User avatar by Guide
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Babylock Protege Serger

I'm looking for a good previously owned serger and wondered if anyone has the protege model. If so, please tell me your likes and dislikes. Thanks!

User avatar by Scout
  • 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is crocheting and sewing a dying art? :((

I used to be an avid crocheter, sewer and smocker. If I sat down for two minutes, I was working on something creative. Now, fast forward 30 years. I have grandbabies, full time job and no time to do anything else. I have tons of smocking and sewing a...