cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Westrim looper for Beaded Christmas Tree

Hello everyone:

I am looking to buy a westrim looper to make the miniature beaded christmas tree.  Please contact me if you have one to sell or know of one that I could buy.  I don't need the whole kit. 

Thank you,

Cindy

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Westrim looper for Beaded Christmas Tree

Hi Cindy,

I just purchased a Westrim mini Christmas tree kit. I also will need a looper to make the tree branches. Let me know if you find a looper. I will want to purchase a looper too...

Deb

Message 2 of 44
latest reply

I lost mine, but am in the process of making one, as I did make an extra one years ago and they are not hard to make.  When its done I can let you know and either make one for you or tell you how to make your own.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

My husband made me one.  Find the directions on the internet and then have him make you one....

Message 4 of 44
latest reply

What size dowels did your husband use?  I know that there are 15 dowels in 7 inches.  I'm kicking myself for donating my set up.  My tree got squashed in a professionally packed move.  GRRRRR

Julie

Message 5 of 44
latest reply

What size dowels do you use?  I'm kicking myself for donating my book and looper because my tree got squashed in a professionally packed move.  GRRRRR!

Julie

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

Where did you find the directions.  been online all day and nothing!

Julie

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

I have a mini tree branch looper by Western Trimming corp. Marian 

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

What size are the dowell pegs?  I would like to make a branch looper so I can make the tree.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

Wondering if someone had the directions would they be willing to share them
Message 10 of 44
latest reply

Here it is folks!  The base of the looper is 1 1/2" by 12" and 3/8" thick.  There are fifteen 1/4" dowels that are placed exactly 1/2" apart, measuring center to center, leaving 1/4" between each dowel.  Done corrrectly, with this size base, you should end up with 2 1/4" of wood on each end after the last dowel.  

For those of you wanting to sell them, good luck!  They are a bit time consuming, but definitely worth it.  I am disabled and do not do the trees anymore, so please just leave me to selling my ornament hangers.

For those of you who want to make your own, 10 limbs per size instead of the 7 in the instructions, makes for a much more full and beautiful tree.

Probably TMI but I have been making them for about 15 years as gifts.  My husband and I were going to redecorate ours and had 450 ornaments made.  He became ill and died very unexpectedly and while I was at the hospital, our house was robbed.  Our tree was trashed and most of my craft stuff, among other things, were stolen. I am looking for the bead pictured in 4mm to replace the ornaments we had made.  They come in many colors, this was the only one I could find left.

Any questions about the looper, just let me know.

Thanks,

Cyndi

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

Cyndi, Thanks so much for posting the dimensions on the bead looper. My hubby is outside right now working on making one for me. I am wondering if you also have the instructions for making the beaded tree? I have a general idea of how each branch is made and the overall dimentions of the tree, but wondering how many layers of branches, how many branches on each layer, how many loops per branch on layer 1, how many loops on layer 2. etc. Also about how to attach the tree to the wooden base so that it will not topple over? All these glass beads are going to be heavy and I would think it would make the tree pretty top heavy. I would appreciate any info you can give me. Thank you!

Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Did you recever get the directions for the tree?

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

Are you still looking for the Minitree Branch Looper 8870? I am listing one on eBay. Dec 18, 17

Message 14 of 44
latest reply

Hi  I found my Looper but not the instructions Would you have the instructions on how to Use it.I will reimburse for and costs. If possible please let me know

Message 15 of 44
latest reply