eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Crinkle Material in baby toys

in reply to brisbi763
I buy mine off Etsy. Just search Crinkle Material. I wouldn't use wrappers of products and Dutch doesn't seem safe for children. I buy from a store on there I get it in 1 yard. They do have a sample piece for I think like $1.25.
Please use plain text.
brisbi763
Community Member

in reply to sweetboutique55

Is Joann's fabrics anAmerican company?I am having trouble finding one called that which sells crinkle fabric.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to brat3532

Hi,

I made a rabbit for my daughter and just cut out a crisp packet in the shape of the ears and put it inside them.

She loves it! 

and... it smells like marmite walkers crisps (she loves marmite) haha, double bonus!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

i read somewhere you can use the plastic wrapper that baby wipes come in.....if you are making baby toys, i'm sure you have some of these around.  i'm getting ready to make something for a friend so i'm having her save them for me...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
Another place that sells crinkly material for toys is tomnidesign - www.tomnidesign.com.au
This crinkly is washable and great for taggies and toys.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

In order to find the answer all a person needs to do is ask

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

If the crinkle is installed properly it will not get ruined in the wash....I have made and sold a ton of these toys..I include care instructions with all my toys so the buyer knows just how to take care of them and make them last...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

American felt company crinkle fabric is much more expensive than the one I use in making my baby toys...without the shipping it can be obtained at joanns fabrics

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

You can buy it here.  http://stores.americanfeltandcraft.com/-strse-434/Crinkle-Cloth%2C-Crinkle-paper%2C/Detail.bok

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

Hello I am new to posting here.

I love this crinkle stuff for baby toys and animal toys, it makes so much noise and they love it.  I tried to get some in the toy size and they are out of it so i cant get it.  I would have to get the blanket size and with shiping it would be almost twenty dollars. but then i guess it would be worth it i would just have to cut it to size anyways.  It just would have been easier to cut from a smalller size.  I looked onlinhe and there is no where else to get it right now, just that one place.   The kind you can get at the sarah place,  you cant put it in the washing machine or it will get messed up then.  And since you need to wash baby toys it will not work.  I tried the using baby wipes bags for it but no matter how many times you wash those bags out they still smell and some people like my friend does not like the smell. I make her some baby toys with them inside to make a sound when they were played with and my friend did not like the baby wipes smell.  I will try these new crinkel materials and see how they do after they are washed.   Plus alot of animals do not like the baby wipe bag smell and I tried them. My dog hated them and would not play with the toys I made for her.  I just hope this stuff works better because twenty dollars is alot for something that does not hold up in the washing machine any better than the other kind.    but thank you for puttinhg this up on the forums, I would not have known about this new kind if you had not.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

I have found the crinkle paper that is actually used in baby toys. You can buy it online. Copy and paste the link below into your browser. They also sell rattle inserts and squeakers. Hope this helps

http://americanfeltandcraft.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/crinkle-material-for-baby-and-pet-toys-now-in-stock/

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

You can also use insulbrite batting. It is more expensive and meant for potholders etc. However it does give the crinkle effect and stands up to washing and drying. My 6 month old loves to play with my pot holders!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

American Felt and Craft sells Crinkle Material for baby toys
Here is the link:

http://stores.americanfeltandcraft.com/-strse-434/Crinkle-Material-NEW/Detail.bok

5100011730_DSCN9011.JPG
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon

celophane wrap u can buy it in rolls just like wrapping paper at the dollar store hope it helps i make them for my home business babies love them :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
Hi I was wondering if wax paper would be ok to use. Is it safe for babies and would it hold up in wash?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
In the past I purchased emergency "space blankets" made from mylar from Walmart. They were under $5 as I recall. Mylar is very tough and would probably stand up to washing. Am about to try my hand at making Crinkle toys and this is what I would use. Think it's also the stuff inside window quilt material which you can sometimes find cheap as remnants .
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
i started making baby blankets with a crinkle corner. only for ppl i know so far... as i was searching for real kids toys material. but i have been using the "baby mumums" cookies wrappers... washing them and putting them in, also the clear plastic bag that packages them in the box. works great. no bunching or anything. even put it accidentally on delicates in the dryer and it didnt melt for me...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
Its 2011 now... any news on the crinkle paper? isnt cellophane good?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
I just thought about using the chip bag, Sun Chips. They use a very noisy bag for their chips because it's a quiker biodegradable paper. Not sure how that will work when being washed but it's definatly a noisy crinkly paper. Now I need to find rattle balls to put inside homemade toys.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to millvon
Oh I know something about this!:smileysurprised:
When I was in school, we made childrens fabric books for a Christmas charity thing, and we added a layer of 'crinkle' to the pages. All we used was cellophane bags. You can buy them here on eBay, listed under party supplies and packaging supplies (some have a adhesive strip, that will have to be cut off).
We put them in between two layers of fabric, and sewed the layers together, so the cellophane was inside. You've got to crinkle up the cellophane a bit before you use it.
We did test them in a washing machine, and the cellophane inside wasn't as noisy. Hand washing was best.
Disclaimer: My opinions are purely my own, and should not be taken with alcohol. If at any time I start to make sense, discontinue use immediately.
Please use plain text.