eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Gift Cards
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact
  • Shop Gifts

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

conquistadora1
Community Member

Are Ceramic Molds Hard to Sell?

in reply to wesell4lesstoday
Speaking of ceramic molds, does anyone have any advice for making one's own molds? I'd like to make statues or figurines of my sisters art prints. Is it possible? You can take a look at the prints I am auctioning to at least give me an idea. Thank you Lily
Community Member

Durn...LOL...Too bad you weren't over here in the chicagoland. You'd have no problem unloading them here. I suppose you could always try the classifieds as well or go to not only ebay but other selling sites. Yahoo, Bidville, etc. I have bought a few molds and still have them. I really want to get back into them once we get the house. They're incense burners and could be a money maker (I'll keep my dream of that anyway) ROFL...Who knows, right?

Wizz
Community Member

Here is Central Pa...about 35 miles north of Harrisburgh.And yes..there are a lot of Duncan Molds. I was going to start this week but I have a trip to Plilly on Tuesday..so maybe Next week.
Community Member

Where is here, if you don't mind me asking? Hmm...well then eBay is the place to sell em. Are these duncan molds? Hmmm...
Community Member

Unfortunaly the area where I live is kind of remote..no ceramic shops up here....no universities and the school I already contact tehm..not interested.
No trade assistans in my area :smileysad:
I'm going to start taking pictures this coming week and list some in auctions and some in store...the hardest part is to move them..I have about 8 Industrial shelves FULL plus a couple of Mountains LOL..I run out of shelves...I'm not counting the shelves I have in my garage or the ones in my basement....I also have 3 kilns but I won't even touch them now... I have work for awhile here :smileyhappy:
Thanks for your input.

wesell4lesstoday
Community Member

Oh! Or/And get a trading assistant to help you sell your stuff. But that's only if you want to split the $$$ with them. Or have someone (family) help sell them. Just an idea.
Community Member

I do know there are people selling them here on Ebay...hmm... Do as aaana suggests and do a search for completed items. You might want to see if any local shops that do ceramics need them or maybe even schools/universities. Bet they'd love to get molds at a discount. :-)

Wizz
Community Member

Yes they are...this is the reason I wouldn't consider big lots...since they have to go an different boxes...I wouldn't want to charge a lot on handling but in this case I would be force to since I have to provide boxes and peanuts.
Thank You for your response..I will check.

wesell4lesstoday
Community Member

...dont forget to consider shipping and what it would cost to pack them safely -- they are somewhat fragile arent they ?
Community Member

check current and completed sales on eBay for ceramic molds to get afeel for the market.
Community Member

Hi all :smileyhappy:
I have about 2000 ceramic mold and I would like to sell most of them..is it easier to sell them in lots of 20, 50 or 100?
I need to empty the building before winter is here.
If I sell them 1 by 1 would take FOREVER!!!
I use to own a ceramic shop and some of this molds are from the 60's....some are new and some used.
I will appreciate any ideas.
Thank You

Wesell4lesstoday