cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

american spirit honor medal?

kcwwheels
Enthusiast
I have a medal I think it may be gold? I don't know!
It is from 1969. I have the certificate with pictures. On the back of the pictures it says they can not be veiwed by the public until released. Does this mean I can't sell the pictures? I also have the naval training center yearbook and a yearbook of the ship he was on. Larry cox is the name of the receipient. How do I find out how to list such an item? Any info would be helpful.
Thanks, kasey
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

kcwwheels
Enthusiast
The medal is the american spirit honor medal with the box and all.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

kcwwheels
Enthusiast
I have already made the mistake of mislisting a civil war ladder badge from company A and the 1st regimant of OHIO. I think that it was this larry cox guys dad or grandad. I don't want to mislist this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Kasey
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

dogmonster955
Enthusiast
pics would help, but it sounds as if the photos were embargoed. That is, they were taken before the event then given to the news media with the understanding they would not be published until after the award ceremony.
David
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

pconrad02
Enthusiast
Hello,

These medals have sold on ebay before, they were awarded to outstanding Naval cadets. I have had one given to me by the "awardee" they are not solid gold. I am pretty sure you can sell the whole group together. List it in Militaria, Vietnam. The last one I saw sold in the 60 to 80 dollar range

paul
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm lookng to buy the medal, my 1st. cousin  Recd it at PISC back in 1953 and I'm looking to have it for the family display case. Is the one you have for sale?

Lloyd 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You might try sending the original poster a private email through eBay.  This post is 9 years old and I doubt he checks it anymore.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

As a holder of one, 1967, Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, I can tell you they are Bronze. Kind of a neat award to receive, it and a $1.00 will get you a good cup of coffee somewhere I am sure.
They are given to individuals who were outstanding individuals in Basic type training situations. I am, and was then a college graduate in basic training with a bunch of lessor educated individuals from Arkansas during basic are Army National Guard soldiers so not to difficult to to have gotten the award. The main thing I did as also a trained school teacher was take over a lot of the book type training ultimately for the whole training BN. I simply related better with those in training versus those who were career Army who had not been trained in how to present kind of dull and boring subject matter in a manner that would at least keep my fellow students awake.

So, sorry to burst your bubble but the medal is kind of neat to have received but its value is not in the medal its in the receiving of it that matters, at least to me.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I received mine in December of 1962. and it paved the way for me to study Russian at Syracuse U. and allowed me to spend a wild 15 months in Berlin as a listener and then the ultra remote site of Trabzon , Turkey to teach listeners about more Russians.

Wow, just realized, it's been about 55 plus years.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I received mine at Parris Island in '69.  I made it but it didn't from Nam.  The distinction of it and the rest of the distinctions and experiences paved my way to Princeton.  Then on to an amazing life.  You never know what opens or closes the doors of life.  This thread had me think about it after the many decades.  I'd stretch a mile to find one of these. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply