cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with a KKK pocket knife?

mhop612
Enthusiast
Hi! I have a pocket knife that someone gave me to research for them. It is aprox. 3 1/2 - 3 3/4 inches long, closed. Both blades are intact. It has white plastic sides that have yellowed with age. Printed in blue on one of the sides is a picture of a Klansman, along with the words "Loyal Order KKK." Is it of value? Am I allowed to list it? And can you suggest KW's?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks so much!

Misty
Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Post pix so we can see if it is real or a fantasy item. Items like this with just a touch too much description on them, like both an image and text, often turn out to be fantasy items.

Special tribal police badges or plantation "slave" items seem to be in vogue now as far as the "what's hot in bogus fantasy fake junk" but KKK is a perennial favorite.
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 2 of 34
latest reply

I think it would be removed if you tried to list this KKK item on eBay. They have rules about it.
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

mhop612
Enthusiast
Hi! Sorry it took so long to post these pictures. Here are 3. Hope they are sufficient. I did a search and there are a few items posted for sale dealing with KKK & that era. Not sure how this would fit in, so any advice you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Your knife is a modern fantasy.

(fantasy = a nice way of saying "fake")

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

mhop612
Enthusiast
Any value to it? Or should I just let the owner know it has more "curiosity" value than anything else?

And thanks again for the help!
Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Just an observation. The blade seems to be marked USA. Arn't most modern knives made elsewhere?

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

>Any value to it?

$5. to $15. IMO
*************** What follows is sig line*************
I collect fine cannon models, full-size antique cannons and artillery accouterments.
Message 8 of 34
latest reply

wow man, I hope you didnt sell your KKK knife cheap. My father in law found one and for some reason gave it to me as a joke and I looked them up. NOT fake, NOT worth 15 bucks. They sell for closer to 100. I seen one sell for 75. Wow, some folks just LOVE to misguide people.

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Joeychopster, you do realize that this post is 7 years old?
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

We have the same knife and ours is not fake. We know a bit of the history and it is probably from about the '50s made in USA. I am researching it now.

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

A friend of mine had six of these on ebay and sold three of them for $145 each in a matter of minutes before ebay pulled the remaining three and threatened her with an account suspension last year.  She was clueless about the rules about these things, which are quite strict nowadays.  She still has the remainders and doesn't know where to sell them, but they definitely can not be listed on ebay, nor can anything with a Confederate Flag, or anything showing Third Reich symbols.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

I have a few of these and needed to speak to someone about how to list them! Any help would be appreciated.I have a few of these and needed to speak to someone about how to list them! Any help would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

I WANT ONE.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Still have em?

Message 15 of 34
latest reply