cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

melaleuca attorney contacting my friend

She said melaleuca asked her to remove from ebay and she did, but no one at the company ever called her to tell her whats going on, they suspended her melaleuca acct and to provide them with all accounts she has ever sold melaleuca from. Now, out of the blue an attorney starts calling saying legal action is being taken. She called ebay and they told her that there is no list on ebay showing that melaleuca cant be sold there. She says lots of ppl are selling melaleuca on ebay so she feels like she should be allowed to. The attorney assures her she is in big trouble, has anyone ever had this happen? She is totally freaking out and cant sleep at night thinking they are coming to get her or something

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The company appears to be a pyramid scheme, so if she purchased the merchandise, I don't see any reason why she wouldn't be able to sell it on eBay. Attorneys usually contact people in writing. I wouldn't be surprised if this "attorney" was a rival seller, but that's just my opinion. If she hasn't already she might want to try calling Melaleuca directly as opposed to contacting the attorney or numbers provided by the attorney, to see if they're truly affiliated.

Side note: They have an A+ rating with the BBB, and you can read the 64 complaints that were resolved to customer satisfaction, but you can't read the 197 complaints NOT resolved to their satisfaction. Pretty shady, if you ask me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Haven't got the second letter but gotr the first. I complied and ended the auctions as account froze and I use the product. Has anyone found a way to sell it w/o harrassment? How can eBay give out your contact info?

Re:  Request to Immediately Remove Your Listings of Melaleuca Products for Sale on eBay

Dear xxx

In a recent review of Melaleuca items being sold on eBay, we located Melaleuca products which you have listed through your eBay account (bidxxxxxxx).

We would like to remind you that selling Melaleuca products on the Internet is in violation of the Terms and Conditions of your Melaleuca Customer Membership Agreement and possibly other Melaleuca policies and guidelines.  While we realize you may have forgotten about these obligations and probably had no intention to violate them, Melaleuca does need to enforce them in order to protect our intellectual property rights, our business interests and the business interests of Independent Melaleuca Marketing Executives around the world.

Accordingly, we ask that you:

1. please immediately remove all Melaleuca items you have listed on eBay (and any other Internet locations), and

1. contact us by e-mail at tyearsley@melaleuca.com or by fax at 208.534.2063 to confirm you have removed the items and that you will no longer list Melaleuca’s products for sale on eBay or on any other Internet site. 

Please keep in mind that Melaleuca has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on its products.  Customers who are unsatisfied with any Melaleuca product for any reason may qualify for a refund.  If you would like further information about refunds, please refer to your Customer Membership Agreement, Melaleuca’s Statement of Policies, or your most recent Order Receipt.  You can also call 1-800-282-3000 and we will be happy to help you.

We would appreciate receiving your written response to this letter within 24 hours.  Until we receive your response and resolve this matter, your account will be placed on a temporary hold pursuant to Policy No. 42 of the Melaleuca Statement of Policies & Definition of Terms.  While your account remains on hold you will not be permitted to pursue normal Melaleuca business activities, including placement of orders, enrollments or distribution of reports or checks.

Thank you for your cooperation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Traci Yearsley

Policy Administration

4609 W 65 S

Idaho Falls, ID 83402

208.534.2063 fax

tyearsley@melaleuca.com

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I got a message today telling me some of the same things.  they said  "we must demand that you stop doing this immediately".  and made several threats including breach of contract.  I do not have a contract with this company and never will.  They also had my name, address, email address and ebay ID.  I contacted ebay right away about this .  This person (tyearsley@melaleuca.com ) is a seller on ebay as well as I am.  ebay asked me to forward the email to them.  They also told me that they DO NOT give personal info out, and are not sure how this Traci Yearsley has gotten mine.  I have ask ebay to close her ebay account for threating other sellers on ebay.  I hope they will. This woman is violating ebay policy by harassing other sellers, we are not violating any ebay policy by selling these items.  The funny thing is this person does not send these message through the ebay message board, somehow she is getting them directly in the ebay sellers email address.  I bought my product at a local store and paid for it, so I feel If I choose to resell these items I can because they belong to me now.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply