cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Younique Mascara - How to spot the Fakes!

We are NOT UNIQUE REPS, or even FAKE REPS. We purchased these products on Ebay. YOUNIQUE 3D Mascara can NOT be sold on either Ebay or Amazon per their "Presenters Agreement". It states "You may not list or sell Younique Products on ebay or other online auctions, nor may you enlist or knowingly allow a third party (customer) to sell.

Source: http://bigriodog.wix.com/infinityeyez

The FAKE Product shown in the photos was purchased on EBAY. Before you buy, make sure your getting what you paid for. Check the Label - If the price is too low - It's FAKE!
99.5% of YOUNIQUE MASCARA on Ebay and Amazon are FAKE - Knock-off.
Knock offs may be okay if your buying sunglasses, but when your putting something in your eyes...Maybe not so good. You get what you pay for...Think about it!
***Real Label is smaller 1 inch and 3/8ths
***Fake Label is larger 1 and 7/8ths
***Real Label shows "LEHI, UT"
***Fake Label shows "PLEASANT GROVE, UT"
***Real Label is smaller 1 and 1/4 Inch across
***Fake Label is larger 1 and 5/8ths across and easy to spot

There are still some of the very old labels with no bar code as seen on the right...

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
3 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ordered this Younique Mascara product for Christmas from Amazon for my daughter Kay Lynn who is 15 years old.  She heard about it from girl friends and wanted it badly. Her eye lashes started to fall out and we were concerned.   Can't say exactly what happened, but when she stopped using it the problem went away.  

Her friend Marley compared the Mascara we bought to hers and it was different.  We checked the labels from those posted online and found out ours was Fake.  I was **bleep** and raised Holy Hell with Amazon.  That seller was banned and I did get my money back but it wasn't worth saving $5 dollars for the problems we had.  As always, you get what you pay for.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

If you want real Younique lash mascara be prepared to pay the $23 to $29 dollars!  I learned the hard way and bought some **bleep** on Ebay that was sticky and horrible.  I paid like $14 dollars and thought it was a great deal.  I learned the Younique company sells it to their dealers for about $23 dollars, so buying it for less only means its FAKE!  At least Ebay protected me and got my money back.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I'm a  Younique mascara presenter and anything that is selling cheap is not authentic.  We are not happy with the Younique company as they can't seem to stop the selling of products on Ebay or Amazon.  As presenters, we are not allowed to sell online or we lose our contract. I was say 95% of those posted on ebay are not real.  I get people all the time saying they don't like the product and I then find out they bought it on Ebay.

A local girl here Misty Robertson who I now sell the Mascara too, got a very bad eye infection from the ebay mascara in November.   She told me her doctor bills were over $250 too finally clear up the infection.  

I bought a knock-off purse in New York last year which was great.  But saving a couple of bucks when your putting something in your eyes or body would make me think.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ordered this Younique Mascara product for Christmas from Amazon for my daughter Kay Lynn who is 15 years old.  She heard about it from girl friends and wanted it badly. Her eye lashes started to fall out and we were concerned.   Can't say exactly what happened, but when she stopped using it the problem went away.  

Her friend Marley compared the Mascara we bought to hers and it was different.  We checked the labels from those posted online and found out ours was Fake.  I was **bleep** and raised Holy Hell with Amazon.  That seller was banned and I did get my money back but it wasn't worth saving $5 dollars for the problems we had.  As always, you get what you pay for.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

If you want real Younique lash mascara be prepared to pay the $23 to $29 dollars!  I learned the hard way and bought some **bleep** on Ebay that was sticky and horrible.  I paid like $14 dollars and thought it was a great deal.  I learned the Younique company sells it to their dealers for about $23 dollars, so buying it for less only means its FAKE!  At least Ebay protected me and got my money back.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I'm a  Younique mascara presenter and anything that is selling cheap is not authentic.  We are not happy with the Younique company as they can't seem to stop the selling of products on Ebay or Amazon.  As presenters, we are not allowed to sell online or we lose our contract. I was say 95% of those posted on ebay are not real.  I get people all the time saying they don't like the product and I then find out they bought it on Ebay.

A local girl here Misty Robertson who I now sell the Mascara too, got a very bad eye infection from the ebay mascara in November.   She told me her doctor bills were over $250 too finally clear up the infection.  

I bought a knock-off purse in New York last year which was great.  But saving a couple of bucks when your putting something in your eyes or body would make me think.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

I was mad as Hell after getting my FAKE  "Younique Mascara" from another ebay seller.  I sent her 3 different message asking her to make sure this was authentic and not fake.   "It's exactly what we say it is" was her response.  We got it and I checked the label to see if it was fake.   I was so mad when it was obvious I had been ripped off and lied too.

I tried the product anyway and it was pure **bleep**. I left her negative feedback and complained to ebay that she was selling fake Mascara.    She must have got a lot of complaints because she is no longer an ebay user....If it's Fake, just be honest and I will take my chances, but don't lie to me.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Don't buy the FAKE YOUNIQUE MASCARA****
I lost every single eye lash on my head and look like an idiot.  I look like a Chemo Cancer patient.

When I bought the junk on ebay I was really excited because I had got 50 emails from friends about the mascara.  I was so smart (I thought) because is only cost me $15 dollars and my friends were paying about $29.

After about a week my lashes were coming out with the Younique gel I was applying.  After every application I had fewer lashes instead of more.   My husband started to notice that I was losing lashes and became concerned.  He is an attorney and notified the company of the problem.   After some research we found out we had bought a fake product and had no recourse.   

They ebay seller claims "she didn't know it was fake and had bought it in China"  I understand a lot of products are made in China, but that doesn't mean they are the same....all I can say is.  Check it out before you buy.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I find that hard to believe.

I purchased TWO from Unique Presenters and 2 from eBay.  They were all the same,  right down to the label,  measurements, EVERYTHING!

These items are cheap when you get them wholesale.

I think that the people selling them for $30.00 (I paid $40.00 for my first one),  are making a killing and don't want eBay sellers to lower their commisions.  Most eBay sellers are selling authentic products,  they are just making less money.

I have used all 4 and there is NO difference.  

People who are getting clumps,  etc.  are not applying it according to directions.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I find that hard to believe.

I purchased TWO from Unique Presenters and 2 from eBay.  They were all the same,  right down to the label,  measurements, EVERYTHING!

I think that the people selling them for $30.00 (I paid $40.00 for my first one),  are making a killing and don't want eBay sellers to lower their commisions.  Most eBay sellers are selling authentic products,  they are just making less money.

People who are getting clumps,  etc.  are not applying it according to directions.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I purchased TWO from Unique Presenters and 2 from eBay. They were all the same, right down to the label, measurements, EVERYTHING!

I think that the people selling them for $30.00 (I paid $40.00 for my first one), are making a killing and don't want eBay sellers to lower their commisions. Most eBay sellers are selling authentic products, they are just making less money.

People who are getting clumps, etc. are not applying it according to directions.
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

I am a Younique Presenter.  We do not get them "wholesale"  that does not exist.  We pay the same as anyone, but we get commission on it.  which is approx 25%, So if we sell it cheaper, we make zero.   People make a of of assumptions.  There are a lot of fakes...how do we know?  because there are a bunch on eBay that come from China. Well, we do not sell in china.  So anyone who is on China, could not possibly have a real 3D mascara!  People buy from China in mass quantities and sell it on eBay.  I take it as a huge compliment that we have knockoffs so early in the game!  But be careful, it's your EYES we are talking about. As for me, my eyes are more important than saving a few bucks.  Buyer beware!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

You can buty the genuine Younique 3D Mascara from China at a fraction of the cost.  It is the same thing Younique sells.  Look at the mascara ...it's made in China!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Unfortunately you are very wrong. First of all it is impossible for there to be any legit Younique mascara sold on eBay because Younique Presenters don't even get enough discount to buy them for as cheap as they are selling on ebay. I am a Younique Presenter and it is strictly prohibited to sell on ebay or craigslist. Even if there was a Younique presenter that broke that rule, they would never come out ahead even at the highest discount you can get. They would actually lose money. Therefore, there is no other option than there being knock off products. Even if the mascara says it has the same ingredients it doesn't mean thats what is actually in it!! Anything that's worth something will have a knock off, as we all know with expensive purses and clothing. If you really want to support the USA and keep our economy going, you shouldn't buy ebay's Chinese knock offs. Not worth the risk of never really knowing what ingredients are in the knock off version. Not worth the money in my opinion. It's one thing for someone to have an extra 3D mascara they want to sell that they bought legally, but for these ebay sellers making a business of it, it's very wrong.

If you want the safe, real mascara you can order it at www.crazyaboutlashes.com or any other real Younique Presenter!

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

They both day made in China lol
Can I just point that out
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Did your lashes grow back??  I had the same issue...  I am a presenter & my mother argued with me & tried it just to show her & my lashes came out & broke off!!  I have ALWAYS had longest lashes & only used the gel (true Younique product) and now mine are crazy short & thinned out!!!  I sure as heck made a video warning my customers

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I bought one off eBay. I know the fakes say pleasant grove, UT and the real ones say Lehi, UT. Well mine from eBay says Lehi, UT on he bottom of the tubes. Does that mean it's real?
Message 15 of 18
latest reply