eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
inacloset
Community Member

The best conditioner for over processed hair is......

I had my hair highlighted for the umteenth time on Saturday. My hair is naturally dry but the process on Saturday dried it further. Any advice on products that have worked for you? TIA for your help.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: The best conditioner for over processed hair is......

in reply to inacloset
I was doing hi-lights for a long time. Now there are tints that are not all one shade and are much kinder to your hair. My hairdresser uses these products and no bleach or peroxide is involved so my hair is actually healthy again.
Use a daily conditioner and once a week a deep conditioner. Ion makes a decent product and Redken works well.But go to a beauty supply house and talk to some one so you get the right product for your hair type, that does not affect the color.
Please use plain text.
stylestar86
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I used to love the Aussie 3 minute miracle. That stuff was so rich and worked great. Another one that is good is the tubes of conditioner in the L'oreal hair coloring kits. AWESOME stuff and worth the money for the kit to just get the conditioner.
~* Kari *~
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
Joico K-Pak is amazing, I wish I had found it years ago.
Please use plain text.
wildfragrancecompany
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
Pantene, believe it or not, is fab.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
Loreal pro vive in the pink bottle and the shampoo also, make my hair super shiny. Pantene thins the hair. Aussie 3 minute miracle was always my first choice and it used to smell fabulous until recently, when they changed the formula. The richest conditioners are the ones in the tube that come with coloring kits. Now Clairol sells the conditioner on its own.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I love Bed Head products. You can find them at TJ Maxx, or other discount stores.

Another great product I love is John Frida. Depending on what color you have, he has a variety of options for processed hair. The conditioner doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy or sticky- which I love. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
markowitz57
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I used to love the Aussie 3 minute miracle. That stuff was so rich and worked great. Another one that is good is the tubes of conditioner in the L'oreal hair coloring kits. AWESOME stuff and worth the money for the kit to just get the conditioner.

I can absolutely agree with those two conditioners! For a leave-on fix, use Biosilk's oil- no the shampoo or conditioner, you put it on your shampooed hair when it is wet. Expensive, but worth it.
Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Please use plain text.
wildfragrancecompany
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I've used Pantene for a few years now and haven't noticed any thinning but I agree that the conditioners that comes with the hair color are fab too.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
Perhaps you should consider using lemon juice to highlight your hair. It works and it is far less damaging than the chemical highlighters available. You should also check out the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (http://www.safecosmetics.org).
Please use plain text.
stylestar86
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I wouldnt do the lemon juice.
~* Kari *~
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I agree with stylestar. The lemon juice is Not a good idea. I used to pay hundreds of dollars to have my hair colored (blonde with hi lights). Now I use Clairol's loving care just on the roots for touch ups and work it all over for about 5 additional minutes. This way I go to the salon every 4 or 5 months and my hair looks great and always professionally done. Loving care by Clairol is a blend of subtle color so it looks beautiful.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inacloset
I highly recommend Avons Advanced Techniques Damagae Repair Shampoo and Conditioner. Also the 5 day rescue treatment. I use it myself and I tell you what my hair has never looked better, felt smoother and shined so much in my entire life. I was a Bed Head queen, I loved the product and swore by it til my Avon rep told me about the A.T. product, I will never use anything else again. Not to mention its right for the money and Im sure you can find someone on ebay that is selling it too. Best of luck to y9ou and I hope this helps.
Please use plain text.