cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

The skin on my face just above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, and on my cheek area just next to both sides of my nose peels, never ending.

I do have blackheads in this area, so that my be part of the problem. It my be the oil bothering my skin. Cleaning the skin in this area just makes in worse.

Anyone have this problem and know a solution?
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

I have the same issue and have gone to the dermotologist a bunch of times.  He gave me cortisone.  Look at the research and it will tell you that you can not go on cortisone long term or your skin will be dependent on it.  It is just a temporary cure.  The sad situation is the dermotologist will try to give you a quick cure but  many times it will come right back.  I am refusing anything with cortisone.  I am currently trying to put vitamin E oil on it.  Also have tried vasciline. I wish there was a natural cure without all these chemicals that can do you more harm than good.  They have yet to come up with cures for terminal skin problems. Another issue is our water has too much chlorine in it so when you shower, it could be effecting your scalp and skin.  I even put a filter on my shower head to get rid of the chlorine.  I think my hair is softer but I still get those rashes on my eyelids. 

Wishing for a miracle cure.

Message 61 of 73
latest reply

Does it have cortisone in it?  I refuse anything with coritsone since your skin will be totally dependent on it and then it is hard to get off of it.  It can be damaging in the end.

Message 62 of 73
latest reply

I have had this same problem by my nose and I found that I had to stop washing my face with the regular acne cleanse.

Solutions:

Take shorter showers

Drink more water

Try skin moisturizer (Lotions do not help)

Mainly though stay moisturized!!! Smiley Wink

Message 63 of 73
latest reply

Go to a dermatologist it may be seborrheic dermatitis...there is a shampoo you put on your face that will get rid of it instantly!!!

Message 64 of 73
latest reply

I had the same problem... what I used to stop the peeling is Skin Care Cold Cream.... put it on twice a day and it helps really good!!!♡♥♡♥
Message 65 of 73
latest reply

Hello friends!

The primary reason your skin becomes dry is all about impairment. What happens is that the outer layers of skin lose their ability to maintain normal moisture levels. For the most part, this is due to sun damage and, to some extent, Products with irritating ingredients

he first step is to stop damaging the outer layer of skin by avoiding:

Soaps (all kinds, and anything in bar form)

Harsh cleansing ingredients such as sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate

Products with irritating ingredients (i.e. alcohol, peppermint, menthol, mint, citrus, eucalyptus, fragrance)

Exposure to hot water

Abrasive scrubs (think of the microdermabrasion-at-home type, or those that contain fruit and nut fragments)
Loofahs

The next steps are to give your skin what it needs to act like it did before it was damaged by the sun. Here are some fail-safe tips to help you have beautifully smooth, younger-looking skin:

Wear sunscreen daily - chemical free products ex( Little Innoscents Sunscreen SPF 30)

Use state-of-the-art moisturizers (serums, gels, lotions, creams, anti-wrinkle, anti-aging, firming, etc. are all just "moisturizers")

For very dry skin, use pure plant oils such as olive oil or jojoba seed oil, applied after your moisturizer over dry areas

Never use products that contain drying or irritating ingredients.

To find chemical-free products, read labels, research ingredients and read as many skin care product reviews as possible.

Here's a link to a site with unbiased reviews of chemical-free and organic skin care.http://www.green-mandarine.com.au/

GOOD LUCK!

Message 66 of 73
latest reply

We have a product that will cure your problem. It is called Aloe Protect Aloe ferox aloe gel. It contains 99% pure Aloe Ferox that is known for it’s soothing and healing properties. It is rich in Amino Acids and minerals, stimulating skin rejuvenation with the effect of a smooth, soft and healthy skin. Used for effective relief of sun and wind burn, cuts, bruises, rash, eczema, acne, insect bites, burn wounds and other skin irritations.  The gel of the African Cape Aloe or Aloe ferox plant, contains 36% more total amino acids and more than 20 times the bitter sap with aloin than it’s counterpart the Aloe Vera plant. It is available on Ebay, look under Aloe Ferox. Our products are paraben free.

Message 67 of 73
latest reply

Use baby oil.  The oilyness from the baby oil on your face will absorb in 5 minutes; don't use any other oil like emu, jajoba, etc. They do not help.  Or you can use Renew Intensive Skin Therapy Moisturizing Lotion by Melaleuca.  Both absoutely work.  Flakes gone in a few days.

Message 68 of 73
latest reply

i have the same issue... i get hot flashes at times out of nowehre as well in the face, im male not female so this concerns me. i have appt with dermatologist but not till july, worried that may be too long

Message 69 of 73
latest reply

For redness, flaking and itching with scaley patches, I tried over the counter "Cortisone Cream" and my face has cleared up!  Hope it works for you, worth a try!!!

Message 70 of 73
latest reply

You are right i am agree with your reply
Message 71 of 73
latest reply

I have this too, just as you describe.  Always bad after a shower. I use sorbolene moisturiser. It is the best of anything I have tried and as a bonus it is cheap.  Not really a solution, I know, but I have more or less given up on that.

I was diagnosed with Rosacea but I have have also had a diagnosis of seborrheic dermatitis for  decades ( I'm in my 50s).  I was told the sun was a trigger.  Complete rubbish for me.  It made the problem immensly worse. I'd get angry bright red spots all over the forehead and face where you decribe, sunlotions93. They'd feel and look like I'd been deliberately burnt with a lit cigarette.  As you can imagine, I looked and felt appalling.

These days, I actually sunbake a little in winter to make sure I get enough sun.  In summer incidental sun is enough unless I cover up too much and wear sunscreen sun-up to sun-down.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Message 72 of 73
latest reply

Spray on Athlete's foot spray stops the peeling immediately and leads to healing.  Be careful not to get it in your eyes, because it stings and may have even more serious results. 

Message 73 of 73
latest reply