cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

The skin on my face just above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, and on my cheek area just next to both sides of my nose peels, never ending.

I do have blackheads in this area, so that my be part of the problem. It my be the oil bothering my skin. Cleaning the skin in this area just makes in worse.

Anyone have this problem and know a solution?
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

akhnaton
Enthusiast

Have tried DOVE soap for 2 months. No difference.

Tom Joy

Message 46 of 73
latest reply

thedawesgang
Enthusiast

vitamin d deficiency can be the cause although if you also go red after shaving or have excessive dry skin around the eyebrows and forehead you may need a steroid cream of 1% but you really need to see a dermatologist first

Message 47 of 73
latest reply

gatorwolf6
Enthusiast

Has anyone else out there with this problem ever been on accutane?  I have the same problem and it appeared after being on accutane.

Message 48 of 73
latest reply

Had same problem, would wash/scrub face,ears in the morning and before noon I would have "dandruff" all over my face, specially sides of nostrils, eye lashes, behind and inside ears. cheeks. Saw a dermamotologist for 2 years w/no help. Keep in mind that this was EVERY day. I had to remove flakes from my face 3 or 4 times a day. Started using olive oil on affected areas for about a month. Worked fine buy my dogs kept confusing me with a salad. Read about Vaseline's Intensive rescue, repairing moisture, body lotion. "relieves very dry skin in 1 use, helps heal dry skin in 3 days".  I've been using it for 2 months now (twice a day), in the morning I wash my face (with whatever soap my wife left on the sink) and apply the lotion, and after I shower.  Haven't had a single flake in 3 months. The vaseline is non-greasy and hypoallergenic.  Hope this helps.  PS I have nothing to do with the company nor do I sell anything. Well, somethimes I sell things on ebay but nothing related to any kind of skin care, mostly electronics.

Message 49 of 73
latest reply

brownbear22-us
Enthusiast

It sounds like it is caused by malassezia, as some people's skin react to this.  Think of it as oily dandruff, as opposed to dry dandruff.  I've had this since I was 5 and now I'm 59.  Here's my write up, based on a lot of research and experience.

Three Effective Over the Counter Anti-Fungal Shampoo Treatments for Malaseszia

The most effective OTC shampoo is Hegor 150 (Climbazole 1.5%).  Hegor 150 is made in France and is available in the US only on EBay and it will be shipped from Europe. 

While you are waiting three weeks for your shipment of Hegor 150, you can mail order OTC Nizoral (Ketoconazole 1.0%) shampoo, which is available only online in the US -- after 2011 it has not been sold in brick and mortar drug stores.  Nizoral is effective on malassezia, but less so than the Hegor shampoo.  Both Climbazole and Ketoconazole work by slowly dissolving fungal cell walls.

Also consider applying Hibiclens (Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4%) just before you apply the antifungal shampoo, as fungi are capable of working with other microbes to create symbiotic biofilms, but be careful to keep the Hibiclens away from your nostrils, eyes, and ears.  This is an off label use of Hibiclens.

The third alternative shampoo is Selsun Blue (Selenium Sulphide 1.0%), which is sold by all drug stores.  Selsun Blue is a 1970’s compounding of selenium disulfide that activates the body’s natural defenses against Malassezia but does not dissolve the fungal cell walls, which is why Nizoral and Hegor shampoos are recommended.  However, the most useful aspect of Selsun Blue is that it is effective only against Malassezia and can thereby provide a quick, easy to purchase diagnosis.  Use it for 3 or 4 days, stand in bright sunlight and scratch your scalp.  If you see far more white flakes than you ever saw before, you have an abundance of malassezia.  Alternatively, after using any of these shampoos daily for 3 to 4 days, if your skin turns red in blotches, you have an accurate diagnosis that malassezia has colonized your skin. 

Wet your entire body in the shower and wash with an over the counter (OTC) antifungal shampoo, leaving it on for 3 to 5 minutes in the shower before rinsing off.  Use a soft bath brush to scrub your soapy skin while the shower is turned off during this 3 to 5 minute period of time.  Use a heater to warm your bathroom to 80 degrees so you can tolerate standing around wet for 5 minutes.  After rinsing off, air dry your body with a hair dryer, as using a towel will tend to wipe off the medicine remaining from the shampoo.  Afterwards, do not apply any oil based lotions -- the fungus causing the circular sores is malessezia, which is lipophilic, which means it metabolizes fats and oils.  A non-comedogenic lotion, like Cetaphil, is a non-oily lotion.  You may have been diagnosed as having seborrheic dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, tinea versicolor, eczema, or oily dandruff. 

Message 50 of 73
latest reply

vipes_alwis
Enthusiast

This maybe be  a cause of changing skin creams  Well you need personalized skin care. never use the products on just recommendation of any other person as products are always skin based , So go to a dermatologist and ask about your skin type. Usually dermatologist at our clinic recommend skin peeling for congested skin pores, blackheads, whiteheads, acne, tired dull skin, redness or even fine lines and wrinkles.  A number of Skin Care solutions combining Skin Peels, Diamond Microdermabrasion, Omnilux LED Light treatments as well as Dermaroller & Intense Pulsed Light sessions are tailored to skin, in order to get the best results.If want to know more then visit our site and review patient testimonials. May be this will help you.

The Riverbanks Clinic based in London is one of the leading clinics in the UK for its surgical and non surgical procedures which can be contacted on 0844 704 7787 or visit http://www.riverbanksclinic.co.uk/ for booking online consultant.
Message 51 of 73
latest reply

lolapants
Enthusiast

I found this thread last week because I was having the same problem.  

Someone here mentioned they had been using olive oil (but their dogs thought they were a salad haha), but that seemed like a better choice than the lotions I had been applying literally 10 times a day with no result.  

My partner had a small tin of "Tattoo Goo", and when I looked at the ingredients they read:

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Cocoa Butter, Wheat Germ Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Lavender Oil, Sunflower Oil, Rosemary Extract, D&C Green 6

I thought it was worth a shot, and tried applying it to my peeling areas.  The relief was almost instant and almost immediately the dry, tight feeling on my skin that the lotion wasn't touching went away.  I kept at it, whenever I felt it start to wear off I reapplied a small amount.  I've been using it for about 3 days in a row now.

It's working.  There is no better way to say it.  The peeling has stopped and my skin is starting to heal.  I still have the discoloration where the patches were, and if I forget to reapply they start to dry out again, but I am hoping with continued use this will stop.

I wanted to list the ingredients because I'm sure many health food stores have a similar product.  The consistency is something like vapo-rub and it stays on for several hours before finally wearing off.

The only downside is I am oily, and in the light my face shines.  I am 100% okay with this, since the alternative would be peeling.

This might not work for everyone, but this thread really helped put me on the right track, so I wanted to share 🙂

Good luck and thank you to everyone on this forum who shared their story!  It was great to not feel alone.

Message 52 of 73
latest reply

what I would suggest is a shower lotion/body butter bar. It will combat the drying effect hot water is having on your skin in shower.

Typically, at end of your shower - you turn water off - then apply lotion/body butter bar - then rinse off. Your skin should feel soft and hydrated and I would be curious if the peeling skin continued after using that product.

Message 53 of 73
latest reply

May I suggest using one of my scrubs. They helped my daughter. You can contact me for more details.

Message 54 of 73
latest reply

My daughter buys her face products at this website http://www.youravon.com/skylinebeauty  for she has blackheads bad but she bought their product for that and seems to work great for her you can try that. Oh she has to use internet explorer to get to the site good luck hope this helps 

Message 55 of 73
latest reply

i had this,dandruff shampoo does keep it at bay.Its yeast,the same thing that causes dandruff.Ha ve you heard anything from doctor on how to rid this?

Message 56 of 73
latest reply

yprhke2
Enthusiast

I was also suffered this problem. My friend recommend me a peel treatment that effect my skin allot 

actually there is many treatment for get rid of skin peel but most effective is Green peel and chemical peel skin treatment but have their own advantages

You should take one of them 

Chemical Skin Peels Treatment in Pakistan |Green Peels Skin Treatment in Pakistan|

Thanks 

Message 57 of 73
latest reply

I'm having the same issue.  Mine started with adult acne....a zit that I would pick...then peel.  Then the peeling/picking developed from that point due to a time of stress in my life.  Now, if I leave it alone, it clears up for a while and then I will notice a rough place or a piece of skin is lifting up...I will scratch and knock it off and then the whole process begins again.  I don't know how to stop it.  Additionally, I have rough feeling skin all over my face which I know is extremely dry skin.  I used hydrating creams and it helps.  I have a fish scales on my lower legs which are bad in winter..it's called ichthyosis.  I wonder if that is getting on my face.  I've been to a derm and he said basically, quit stirring it up and see what happens.  That was useful. NOT.

Message 58 of 73
latest reply

I was also suffering from the same problem. My friend recommend me a peel treatment that effect  really effected my skin well. i am happy to take this step with Hills Medi spa sydney. They offered me  discounted  facial peel that really helped me. Actually there is many treatment to get rid of skin peel but most effective is Facial Peel with Photonlite LED.  look at more exciting offers at http://hillsmedispa.com.au/specials/ . 

Message 59 of 73
latest reply

try using whole leaf aloe vera to clean up the peeling,,it makes skin smooth as a newborns!

good luck!

Message 60 of 73
latest reply