cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin on my face is peeling non stop!

The skin on my face just above my eyebrows, between my eyebrows, and on my cheek area just next to both sides of my nose peels, never ending.

I do have blackheads in this area, so that my be part of the problem. It my be the oil bothering my skin. Cleaning the skin in this area just makes in worse.

Anyone have this problem and know a solution?
Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

You can check if this is an overabundance of yeast. Try a dandruff shampoo with pyrithione zinc on the areas (Head and Shoulders or a knock off with this ingredient in it). Another treatment product for yeast in this area is Nizoril shampoo (expensive). You can also try miconizole cream for athlete's foot or vaginal yeast infections. Sounds yukky, I know.
Message 16 of 73
latest reply

lynnieburd
Enthusiast
You know what i have the same friggen problem with my facial skin...
it's constantly peeling...and not so much PEELING but more so like..flaking or constantly dry skin...yet..it's oily at the same time..i've used everything to try and moisturize...natural stuff unnatural stuff this that etc etc etc..i have used exfoliators to try and buff away the dead skin flake stuff nothing works..it seems to make it worse actually...it's like what the hell is wrong with my face? to be honest sometimes i think it's all the products i use...even though i don't use harsh ones...so i'll try not to use anything and it seems oK but...it seems dirty or clogged....
it's a pain in the butt....it's a non stop fight...i would wanna go to dermatologist maybe it's exema..i think it is because..as a kid i used to have exema patches that were way diff but...still could be exema..so maybe see dermatologist about it
Message 17 of 73
latest reply

hrysuli799
Enthusiast
I definitely think you should see a dermatologist. I am sure it is something really easy to fix, you just aren't using the right mix of products. Rather than try everything and get frustrated, just go to a derm and get some good advice 🙂
Message 18 of 73
latest reply

I had a problem with flakey skin. It was due to too much yeast living on my facial skin. Nasty huh!!! I have been mis-diagnosed several times for this problem and only recently got prescribed Nizoral. It has worked like a charm on my face and scalp. It's prescription only, so what I would do is wait until you have a bad case of the flakey skin than go see a dermotologist.
Message 19 of 73
latest reply

krunfree
Enthusiast
I hope you don't take this rude...are you a picker? Pickers will peel/flake. My daughter use to have this a lot and we would go around and around about no picking.
Message 20 of 73
latest reply

lookin2001
Enthusiast
This might help,..................................

Face fish scales/flake remover,

At night , using a pin or needle; open a capsule of 1000 mg. fish oil/Omega 3 & 6 and put oil on face.

Before using the fish oil; my face scales looked like they came from a fish, now I smell like one.

The flakes are gone, anyone know how to remove the smell of the fish oil without causing my skin to flake !!!!!!!!!!!!! larrye2001
Message 21 of 73
latest reply

sarah47150
Enthusiast
Hello,
I had this problem for years and tried everything, including very expensive lotions prescibed by the dermatologist, nothing worked. Until I bought a bottle of over-the-counter NIZORAL SHAMPOO. It worked wonders. I cleared up within days. Someone else mentioned prescription Nizoral, which I'm sure is also very good. But if you can't get to, or can't afford to go to a dermatologist, just go to your drugstore and put a few dollars down for the Nizoral-you won't be sorry. Good Luck!
Message 22 of 73
latest reply

ikirschbaum
Enthusiast
It is suprising to me that noone mentions the internal environment in your body. Your face is the reflection of your internal health. No external methods will help if you have a mess inside of your body. Try changing your way of eating, take walks, breathe and exercise. (YOGA is great!) and I promise your face will reflect everything, it will get clear and bright. For the external use, the only thing that helps is a water filter that removes chlorine (or chloramine, depending on the state) that dries your skin everywhere the most. Good Luck!
Message 23 of 73
latest reply

mou5ton
Enthusiast
I know what you mean! I have the same problem. have you found a solution?
Message 24 of 73
latest reply

You need African Raw Shea Butter, I can't live without it, it's great for so many things! Make sure it's authentic & not whipped.
Message 25 of 73
latest reply

gloria-biz
Enthusiast
it is very trouble, maybe you can use eye pads to heal it.
my online store:
http://pc-link.biz/
Message 26 of 73
latest reply

winegirl1978
Enthusiast
I too was diagnosed with this condition. i used to wash and microderm my face to rawness looking to solve the problem. To the original poster....you should go and see a dermatologist for sure. I went and my guy called in several others to confirm I has this and a case of rosacea as well. He prescribed my a lotion ($115) and a topical foam that has sulfur in it. I know from my love of wine that sulfur kills yeast...I asked him if my wine consumption could have caused this condition. I've never heard of the Nizoral...do you take yours orally or use the shampoo?

I'm glas to hear I'm not the only one out there with "snake skin" lol. My doctor also mentioned it could be a symptom of other conditions but for the life of me I can't remember what...any clues out there?

PS Does anyone know what the best foundation to use with this condition is? I'm willing to pay whatever for that flawless skin look!
Message 27 of 73
latest reply

deliciouslyhot
Enthusiast
Hi,
Did you find a solution?
Message 28 of 73
latest reply

I just bought desert of the lily aloe vera gel at whole foods and it stopped the peeling, scaly dry facial skin. Put a sample dot on your face at the store and see if it feels cool and calming on your skin. Another good bet is Eucerin creme at any drugstore. I would go see a dermatologist if you can.
Message 29 of 73
latest reply

Everyone has different skin problems and their solutions might make yours worse. Go to a dermatologist.
Message 30 of 73
latest reply