eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: I NEED HELP! MY LEGS ITCH SO BAD I SCRATCH MY SKIN OFF IN SPOTS!

in reply to chriszbabygirljen

I had the exact same problem couple days after shaving. The ichiness comes from time to time. I used to take allergy pills to control it. My friend told me to try waxing and I did. It turned out pretty well. The hair grow out smoothly and don't ichy anymore.

I did that at the salon first couple times. Now I did that by myself. No more irritation and the red spots left from shaving are slowly disappearing. Highly recommend you to switch another hair removal method.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Try using a different shave cream

Replace your razor

try waxing instead 

or use lotion

Those are the 3 best solutions I can come up with. Depending on how old your razor is, it might be irritating the skin. The shaving cream you are currently using might be iritationing the skin (allergic reaction)

Try waxing, because the hair stays gone for longer and there will probably be less irritation after you wax. I recomment using organic wax.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I would bet it's "shave secret" oil. I just discovered it and it works miracles for me. Hopefully you see this since it's a super old thread haha
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have a suggestion for you that works for my itchy legs at night.  I get them after showering and I have forced air heat so the winter is the worst time for me.  If I remember I rub in Cocoa Butter and that puts a stop on itching.  If I do that daily I am OK.  You can buy Cocoa Butter at any pharmacy and it is very inexpensive too.  Good Luck!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mediplus1000
are we advertising, mediplus?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Try Isal Cream sold on Ebay.com.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

bna-all.jpg

bna-all.jpg

Try our  Isal Herbal Cream . Itching will gone soon and feel very smooth skin after all. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

i have to agree with moondog
that you are probably allergic to the blades in your razor.
do your legs itch if you use an electric razor?

my skin is so sensitive that i can't use any blades
or anything like nair.

sometimes the itch is so bad that i have to
slather my legs in vaseline.
other times creme baby oil (doc suggested) works.

can't use blades on my underarms either
as is get a rash from them.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Rub a real freshly cut lemon all over the itch. Its with stig at first but it will disenfect , sooth and heal. Remember scratching only makes it worse since findgernails are full of bacteria etc.. Lemon will work!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I NEED HELP! MY LEGS ITCH SO BAD I SCRATCH MY SKIN OFF IN SPOTS!

Maybe you should use Nair instead of shaving. Also, for your boyfriend's exzcema. Tell him to try unrefined shea butter it works wonders.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I stayed at a hotel once and forgot my shave gel (this was about 10 years ago). Anyway, I went to the desk and asked for shave gel and all they had was little plastic pocket things filled with a thick oil that they said was used for shaving. I think it may have been used for mens beards but Im not certain. ANYWAY, I put it on my legs and it almost felt like a thick babyoil and It really didnt feel like much after I slathered it on as it sunk into my skin. I didnt think it was going to work as a shave oil/gel but it was the BEST CLOSEST SHAVE I EVER HAD!! WITH NO NICKS EVEN WITH A CHEAPY RAZOR. I WISH I COULD REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CALLED???? DOES THIS SOUND FAMILAR TO ANYONE ??? IT LOOKS LIKE A THICK OIL AND I HAVENT SEEN IT ANYWHERE ELSE IN YEARS....
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Baby Oil.

Please use plain text.
sktrsmw
Community Member

Oops.....I posted to the wrong thread!! Sorry!!!
Please use plain text.
sktrsmw
Community Member

http://search.ebay.com/chillow_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40
Please use plain text.
sktrsmw
Community Member

Hi Deb!! Listen, I feel for you, because I have just come off of a couple of years of being a human inferno. I do not take hormones, and have been miserable...up until this year. I found something that really triggers my hot flashes; chocolate. I can not believe the difference it has made, to cut chocolate out of my life. If I eat a couple of candy bars with chocolate, I can bank on bad hot flashes to arrive momentarily. Without chocolate, my hot flashes have all but disappeared. Coincidence? I don't know. I just know that when I indulge in sweets,..particularly chocolate, I can count on a few searing complete body hot flashes. Oddly, I have never read of any correlation between chocolate and hot flashes. Something else that will trigger a hot flash for me, is an anxious though or anxiety. I have never suffered the infamous "night sweats", because I make the bedroom like an ice box, and keep my ceiling fan going at night. Consider getting something called a "Chillow". It is awesome! I put mine in the refridgerator for about an hour each eveing, before I go to bed.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

All right. I have a similar problem. Before I started high school, I had gorgeous looking legs after I shaved. Life during high school became very hectic so I did not have as much time to shave or take care of my legs in general. Now my legs are so messed up and it has been several years. I have so many ingrown hairs. Some are really deep. I get all of these red dots, not necessarily bumps, usually after I shave. My legs will stay like that for a while and the hair grows back faster than it previously did. I have tried exfoliating and keeping my skin moisturized. I still shave the same way and use the same type of razors and shave gel as before. I know it is not caused by shaving. What can I do to get rid of the ugliness?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Could be a problem with the type of razor you are using. Some times issues with razors result in those kinds of skin problems. Something about the angle the at which the razor cuts the hair? I had similar things happen with cheaper razors (is there nickel in the blade? I am allergic to that.) Also, I reacted to some of those "Lotion strips" on top of the razor head, designed to soothe skin--I was allergic to something there. You might try an electric razor or shaving cream. IMO, I'd go to the dermatologist for this problem. It could be an allergy.

(OR, if you are shaving in "private" areas, that hair is usually coarser than leg hair and has been known to itch terribly. There have been a few threads on this or other boards (clothing boards?) that dealt with that issue if you did a search...)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Please use plain text.
midnight*raven
Community Member

I used dig myself in my sleep. The top of my feet and the back of my hands. I have not had this problem in a while though.

I always take moisturizing baths. Shea butter is wonderful for this. I also have a heavy duty lotion with shea butter and hemp oil in it that I use daily. Since I started doing this, I have no problems at all with the itching. Oatmeal soaks are nice also. I think Moisturizing is the key. Find something you know works well and use it every day as long as you know your itching isn't caused by an allergy.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Try epilating or waxing instead of shaving. No regrowth for at least 3 weeks, which is 3 weeks you don't have to worry about it.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I had a similar problem - I would scratch at night in my sleep until my legs bled. The only solution I have found is Perlier bath cream to use while shaving, and then Perlier body cream afterwards. I usually use the cream twice a day. It has worked wonders for me. Good luck!
Please use plain text.