cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

mrs_diva
Enthusiast
As I was waiting for my QVC auto ship of Dr. denese 5 piece skin care....back order. 😞 I bought the pads,day cream and hydroshield...off ebay all sealed and new...but the pads started to give me little red bumbs all over my face...the only other time I got lil red bumps on my face was when I used alphahydrox.:O The hydroshield felt like baby oil going on and never did feel matte.....and the day cream made my makeup slide off after a few hours, I noticed the ingredients in the day cream just zinc oxide nothing else so I know its just a sun block but if all the ingredients is zinc then how is that making my skin look younger..outside of blocking the suns rays..please ladies I watch Dr. Denese all the time on Qvc and shes stunning and looks great..but I had such high hopes for her products but after just trying the top 3 in her line I feel let down and have cancelled my auto ship order on Qvc...please tell me if you had any of the problems with the pads like I did. And what kind of luck you have had with her line....lol....right now I am watching Qvc and Mally Beauty is on...I am so sick of hearing the term
"SMOKEY EYE.:-p I mean $60.00 for eyeshadow yeah ok, not everyone looks good in brown eyeshadow....tee-hee. I am a QVC addict and watch it alot so I am not bashing Dr, Denese or Mally..ie smokey eye just wanted input on Dr. Denese line...kinda got the giggles thinking about the term smokey eye I will put that look off untill I am old and rich and can afford $60.00 for brown eyeshadow..not..will save my money and just buy maybelline or cover girl....they offer alot of brown tones and cost only $2.50 .lol one lady Mally used the smokey eye on and peach blush kinda looks like a plastic doll at toys R us..just kidding :^O
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

thank you, thank you, thank you, just watched the dear Dr. on PBS and naturally wanted to jump right in and become my youthful self again and as luck would have it, I came across your piece!
I'm not sure how much money you saved me, but, thank you and keep up the good work, any more secrets you'd like to blow out of the water??!!
A greatful and ever so slightly wrinkle faced person.
Message 2 of 105
latest reply

tanoholicblonde
Enthusiast
I found this review of Dr Denese on a skin care board that I go to.

Dr. Denese Product Review

Dr. Denese RestoreEyes- typical cosmetic moisturizer , levels of actual active ingredients too low to be active, no use in a skin care routine.

Diagnosis: TOSS IT

Dr. Denese Day Cream/SPF 30 (Zinc Oxide 7.5%, Octinoxate 7.5%) - if you are going to use a chemical sunscreen full of "nasties", at last use one of the European sunscreens with better UVA protection. See the Sun Protection forum for loads of ideas.

If you are OK with this level of protection, which many are, axe the nasties with Diana's SPF 29 Spray! It has the same active ingredients as your product but only 5 ingredients (3 of which are preservatives) other than the actives. There are no emulsifiers and such.

Diagnosis: USE IT, THEN LOSE IT

Dr. Denese Firming Facial Pads - OMG What exactly do these firm? This is a 2% salicylic acid exfoliator; it is not clean and contains trace amounts of antioxidants to make the product look good. Look how far behind the salicylic acid (which we know is only 2%) the ALA and vitamin C are? I would estimate there is less than 1% of these ingredients. ALA does not work at concentrations lower than 4% and vitamin C needs to be at least 10%.

There is nothing in this product that firms the skin, so the name escapes me!

Dr. Denese Cellular Firming Serum - this is an exfoliant and does not firm anything, especially cells! It removes dead ones.

It is not bad, but you should use a clean acid if you want an AHA product. The addition of small amounts of skin lighteners makes no sense. The product contains blue dye and fragrance!

Dr. Denese Wrinkle-Less Serum - 12-15% Argireline is over the recommended usage level AND it is only to be carefully applied to facial muscles to reduce muscle contractions. Argireline should NEVER be applied to the facial skin as an overall serum. Unless this came with directions on how to massage the product into specific muscles on clean skin, this product is offensive!

Dr. Denese Triple Strength Wrinkle Smoother - full of nasties, detergent, fragrance. Based on unproven peptide science. If the product was clean enough to use, you could still give it a go as subjective clinical studies have shown skin improvements using pentapeptides. Others feel they are harmful and promote scar tissue.

Dr. Denese AHA/BHA Peel - not bad, but not great. Denese just keeps on mixing a bunch of actives together. If your skin tolerates this peel while using Green Cream, finish it of, then move to a peel that is suited to your skin type.

Dr. Denese Vitamin C Mask - here she goes again! She cannot offer a useful concentrated C serum! This "mask" is AHAs, BHA, a bunch of fillers and small amount of other antioxidants. This will not harm your skin, but you would be MUCH better off with a well formulated C Serum.

There are so many acids in most of these products that you have no idea when you are exfoliating. They are just too "all over the place". You have to be careful not to over exfoliate when using Green Cream, so watch for signs of irritation when you are using up the exfoliant type Dr. Denese products.

Message 3 of 105
latest reply

amazing_lady
Enthusiast
Thank-you so much for your posts! I thought maybe I was the only one that just did not care for this skin care line..I am so glad I cancelled my auto-ship from Qvc.
Message 4 of 105
latest reply

dleebrady
Enthusiast
I'm surprised to hear all the negative responses to Dr. Denese's products. I have had sensitive skin all my life. I have tried many many products and have never found anything that works like Dr. Denese's. Most other products either do nothing for my skin or make it burn really bad. I've only been using her products for 3 months - the glycolic firming pads, the 30 SPF tinted sunscreen, and the Hydroshield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum. My skin has never felt better -the products have never irritated my skin and my skin feels cleaner and softer than ever before. I have a cabinet full of products that didn't work and will not buy anything in the future except Dr. Denese's.
Message 5 of 105
latest reply

selinapenn
Enthusiast
I have tried many anti aging product lines and have experienced many positive results using the Dr Denese skin care line, I feel and see the firming effects of her serums and the facial firming pads. I think the line is quality and does what it says it will especially the line smoothers. I skin feels great! I will continue her line because I see and feel results
Message 6 of 105
latest reply

mayfairbdp
Enthusiast
I have used many different skin care lines and nothing has ever been as effective as Dr. Denese's line. I adore it. I have never experienced any irritation, and I do not like a greasy feel to my skin. The pads work great and the hydroseal and spf dry mate and keep my skin moisturized without any greasy residue. I am shocked that some people don't like this line. I could not reccmmend it hightly enough. Maybe everyone needs to try it for themselves and results do vary, but nothing has ever been as great to my thirty-something skin.
Message 7 of 105
latest reply

mmhsanalyst
Enthusiast
I am getting scared. I started using Dr. Denese products only 1 week ago. My face is getting drier and drier, taut and more wrinkled. I feel like a mummy. I think others are noticing too because I've had several funny looks but no one has had the nerve to say anything to me yet. Yikes....I'm scared. Her books says to keep using but unsure if it will get even worse. I am 56 and don't need to look older. Has anyone had a bad experience? Or know what to do?
Message 8 of 105
latest reply

mmhsanalyst
Enthusiast
Dr. Denese's book "Secrets for Ageless Skin, Younger Skin in 8 Weeks" indicates the 6 steps are required. I don't which of her products fulfills the skin-stimulating phase and skin-sealing phase. Does anyone have the answers?
Message 9 of 105
latest reply

mmhsanalyst
Enthusiast
I gave it the full 8 weeks. My skin is a wreck. So much worse than when I started. I had a few lines at the corners of my eyes...but now...I can't believe how wrinkled Dr. Denese products are making me. I don't understand it--as many say it works for them. Nothing could be worse---I'll go back to Oil of Olay before I'll continue with this stuff. But I doubt these new wrinkles are going to disappear. I wouldn't recommend this stuff to my worst enemy.
Message 10 of 105
latest reply

conniew8784
Enthusiast
Help, my head hurts now reading the pros and cons of Dr. Denese's products. I am waiting on the facial firming pads and two more items I got from ebay because they were less expensive than QVC. I have watched her alot and was anxious to try them out but now I don't know if I want to or not. I'm 46 and everyone says I don't look it and I wanted to stay that way but I don't want to learn through trial and error that her products do more harm than good. I'll try them for a few days and see if it's hurting and if it does I'll go back to Olay Regenerist which I love. I guess you live and learn.
Message 11 of 105
latest reply

janeannejan123
Enthusiast
I was tempted to try these products - first wanted to read the book (s). Well, I am so glad that I stopped by the site and now know that it just isn't worth it! Thx to all of you for writing your comments and helping the rest of us. J in Canada
Message 12 of 105
latest reply

mina4510
Enthusiast
I think most people that don't like her products have too much "high hopes." Meaning that you can't expect all your wrinkles to go away by using a cream. No one can offer that in a bottle. If you want the best results out a bottle however then Dr. Denese is one of the best choices. Someone complained that the sunscreen does nothing to improve the appearance of the skin. About 95% of aging come from the sun and it's never too late to prevent any more sun damage from accumulating. It is protecting the skin. You may not like the wrinkles you see now but do you want any more? Do your research. Bottom line is if the products don't work for you then don't use them. However for people who haven't used them, don't fill their heads with nonsense when they themselves haven't even tried it. Caucasian or sensitive skinned women may have some irritation with the glycolic pads. I myself am 23 with very thick Latin skin. In fact for me they are not strong enough. Provided with the microdermabrasion cream and the pads they manage to keep my skin flake free. Dr. Denese is great, try her products out for yourself. Buying from ebay how could you go wrong? Buy one or two items and if they don't work for you then you didn't spend 200.00. Dr. Perricone and Dr. Denese are the only products I will use on my skin. I also use black soap from Ghana and unrefined shea butter from Ghana as well. A better sunscreen however I would suggest that I use is Photoderm Max SPF 100, or Anthelios SPF 60. Kaline, a company in France offers a wonderful tinted sunscreen that acts as a foundation and substantial UVA/UVB/IR/UVC blocker. It is also hypoallergenic for you sensitive skinned ladies out there.
So bottom line is, if your on the fence after reading all of these reviews, buy one or two items off of ebay and see if they work for you. I wish all of you beautiful skin!
Message 13 of 105
latest reply

I am 50, so let me tell you what I swear by. I've had such good results that my twin sister and my mother went out to buy the exfoliating cloth.

Keep in mind that genes have alot to do with how we age; I played tennis for 20 years in the hot sun, and used baby oil and iodine when swimming:( I still don't have many wrinkles-nor do the women in my family.

I have found over the years that my face is not as light and glowing looking as it used to be, so I decided to try an exfoliating program. I have had good luck by using a car detailing cloth on my face as an exfoliant (can get them at K Mart for under $6.00) a couple of times a week. I then apply Walgreen 8% alpha hydrox face cream every night, and that is it. I drink plent of water, and use a make-up foundation that has an SPF and moisurizes older skin. Nothing else.

Give this a try and see if you don't see results in a few weeks.
Message 14 of 105
latest reply

So you have to join Mellaluca to be able to buy this makeup line?
Message 15 of 105
latest reply