cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

mrs_diva
Enthusiast
As I was waiting for my QVC auto ship of Dr. denese 5 piece skin care....back order. 😞 I bought the pads,day cream and hydroshield...off ebay all sealed and new...but the pads started to give me little red bumbs all over my face...the only other time I got lil red bumps on my face was when I used alphahydrox.:O The hydroshield felt like baby oil going on and never did feel matte.....and the day cream made my makeup slide off after a few hours, I noticed the ingredients in the day cream just zinc oxide nothing else so I know its just a sun block but if all the ingredients is zinc then how is that making my skin look younger..outside of blocking the suns rays..please ladies I watch Dr. Denese all the time on Qvc and shes stunning and looks great..but I had such high hopes for her products but after just trying the top 3 in her line I feel let down and have cancelled my auto ship order on Qvc...please tell me if you had any of the problems with the pads like I did. And what kind of luck you have had with her line....lol....right now I am watching Qvc and Mally Beauty is on...I am so sick of hearing the term
"SMOKEY EYE.:-p I mean $60.00 for eyeshadow yeah ok, not everyone looks good in brown eyeshadow....tee-hee. I am a QVC addict and watch it alot so I am not bashing Dr, Denese or Mally..ie smokey eye just wanted input on Dr. Denese line...kinda got the giggles thinking about the term smokey eye I will put that look off untill I am old and rich and can afford $60.00 for brown eyeshadow..not..will save my money and just buy maybelline or cover girl....they offer alot of brown tones and cost only $2.50 .lol one lady Mally used the smokey eye on and peach blush kinda looks like a plastic doll at toys R us..just kidding :^O
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

I ordered these products as a trial. Then I was billed $179.00 for which its my fault because I didn't cancel. Until I moved to Tx I never had facial wrinkles and now u can't do anything with these
The products i have don't work. I have the cleanser, the pads, day and night cream, the mask etc
None of it works. I don't know why I even thought about buying this junk. The Cindy Crawfford is the same junk
I wish they would of just given me my money back
Message 61 of 105
latest reply

every company these days returns the money or gives you credit...u need a refund and return authorisation from the company...call or email them with your complaints  and ask to return their product....

Message 62 of 105
latest reply

yes serious skincare line is nice.... they also give you more product than other companies.... their glycolic line is good...and my fave of all their products is the bellarose mineral powder foundation...

Message 63 of 105
latest reply

the 2 items I like by dr denese are the hydrating cleanser and the firming facial microdermabrasion cream ....I got both in supersize from qvc at a great price...the microdermabrasion cream I would only use on body not face it is very rough....but good for the rest of the body....
Message 64 of 105
latest reply

I like her Hydroshield Serum and there is another one I can't remember the name of but it kind of smells like orange peel. I have never had any issues with her products being drying and making my skin worse. Did you happen to use products that have Retinol in them? THAT stuff is a killer for me - it DID dry out my skin and age me. I threw it out. It was some kind of RoC cream. Any time I see the word Retinol in something I RUN! Sorry you had a bad experience but I can vouch for 2 of her products being great!
Message 65 of 105
latest reply

Message 66 of 105
latest reply

Whenever I order from/watch QVC it is online and it is actually very simple to cancel any autoship that you want to if you find that you do not like the product. But it's better to lock in the great deal if you DO like it!
Message 67 of 105
latest reply

I had high hopes for her line too. I will say though ... the only product I am impressed with are the glycolic pads. I'm 38 and just starting to see the signs of wear and tear...lol.... Lines that I have been impressed with... Serious Skincare (glycolc retexturizing cream) Ellysee Fountan of Youth serum.... and Dr. Perricone products.

Message 68 of 105
latest reply

I wonder what they would say about YOUR perfect appearance?

Message 69 of 105
latest reply

@kylierin wrote:
You should go to an esthetician and have microdermabrasion. It could be quite helpful for your skin issues. Dr. Denese is beautiful but skin care only does so much. She's had a face lift and other procedures.
Spoiler
That is a very serious statement.  Can you prove that she has had a face lift and other procedures?  I use her products and love them.  I am 69 years old and get compliments on my skin frequently.  It is nice to get compliments on my skin at my age.  I give the products all of the credit.  Yay Dr. Denese!  I am a life long customer.  Kay S.  
Message 70 of 105
latest reply

Divalasue
Please please please don't recommend products unless you know exactly who your recommending to and what skin they have.. I would save for feedback on their retail site.. Us older birdies know we are all different and its so important to know ingredients etc and go for an allergy test.. Lots of beauticians are able to do these 20 min test, normally 10 products and are done on an area that has the same depth as the skin on your face.
Its well worth it if your struggling to find something.. Please girls whenever you use a scrub on your face, always use something which has mineral water in.. When you scrub your effectively removing skin, which contains moisture so very important to replace 😉
Message 71 of 105
latest reply

Thank you thank you thank you for saving me $ and potential skin irritation.
Message 72 of 105
latest reply

In the beginning i did feel like my face was getting drier and more wrinkles were showing

under my eyes but i stuck with it I am on my third month i really like the product the lines

have smoothed out, my skin feels better i love the sun screen moisturizer I stopped wearing

foundation and this is what i replaced it with its got just the right tint it wears great all day

I hope this helps.   I am 51

Message 73 of 105
latest reply

I too had high hopes for this product but alas, I really don't find it any different than any other commerical skin care products.  The pads did not give me bumps but I did have a tingling from them which was tolerable.  However, I found nothing exceptional about any of the other products in the line which included the cleanser, which I found drying to my skin, the serums have had no effect on my lines and wrinkles as with the other items in the kit.  I was just not the product I expected after seeing the infommercial and I am so disappointed that I am returning my delivery I just received today and cancelling all further delivery.  I thing I will just go back to Olay.Man Frustratedwomanfrustrated:

Message 74 of 105
latest reply

I had the same feeling. I received the product and the eye cream itch my eye alot. Also, I am African American and the ad stated that the suncreen will blend in with your complexion. However, it made my face very white. I also stated to the sale clerk over the phone I just wanted to try one month supply. She was reluntant at first telling me I could cancel at anytime. I told her I usally forget and was not interested if she could not. She agreed the next thing I know another package came. 

Message 75 of 105
latest reply