cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

mrs_diva
Enthusiast
As I was waiting for my QVC auto ship of Dr. denese 5 piece skin care....back order. 😞 I bought the pads,day cream and hydroshield...off ebay all sealed and new...but the pads started to give me little red bumbs all over my face...the only other time I got lil red bumps on my face was when I used alphahydrox.:O The hydroshield felt like baby oil going on and never did feel matte.....and the day cream made my makeup slide off after a few hours, I noticed the ingredients in the day cream just zinc oxide nothing else so I know its just a sun block but if all the ingredients is zinc then how is that making my skin look younger..outside of blocking the suns rays..please ladies I watch Dr. Denese all the time on Qvc and shes stunning and looks great..but I had such high hopes for her products but after just trying the top 3 in her line I feel let down and have cancelled my auto ship order on Qvc...please tell me if you had any of the problems with the pads like I did. And what kind of luck you have had with her line....lol....right now I am watching Qvc and Mally Beauty is on...I am so sick of hearing the term
"SMOKEY EYE.:-p I mean $60.00 for eyeshadow yeah ok, not everyone looks good in brown eyeshadow....tee-hee. I am a QVC addict and watch it alot so I am not bashing Dr, Denese or Mally..ie smokey eye just wanted input on Dr. Denese line...kinda got the giggles thinking about the term smokey eye I will put that look off untill I am old and rich and can afford $60.00 for brown eyeshadow..not..will save my money and just buy maybelline or cover girl....they offer alot of brown tones and cost only $2.50 .lol one lady Mally used the smokey eye on and peach blush kinda looks like a plastic doll at toys R us..just kidding :^O
Message 1 of 105
latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Re: I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR DR DENESE SKIN CARE LINE BUT

jbkasun
Enthusiast

A guide for beauty, dreamed figure,vital personality,youthful vitality and impressive lifestyle.

http://dailytiptop.blogspot.com/

Message 46 of 105
latest reply

I was thinking of purchasing it, but didn't want to have the obligation of auto ship. Years ago when I ordered the something from the D'arcy line, returning it and cancelling the auto ship was such a hassle.

I have been trying a few products from SkinCentuals (sp) and it's too early to notice results, but we'll see.

Message 47 of 105
latest reply

karmamist
Enthusiast

Forever sells skin care products by Dr. Denese and Skin Science labs.These skin care products will improve and change the texture of your skin.

Message 48 of 105
latest reply

Love this product. ..dr.denese is the very best...been been using her product for years. ..I order it fresh...from qvc...just because product is sealed..does not mean its new and fresh..they didn't use the product that's all it means. ..that's like buying old avon at a garage sale. .then saying the product is **bleep**ty!
Message 49 of 105
latest reply

"ALA does not work at concentrations lower than 4% and vitamin C needs to be at least 10%."

INCORRECT: PH level determines effectiveness of BHA and AHA. ALA is not an effective exfoliant even in higher concentrations. BHA exfoliates through the pore. AHA only exfoliates the surface. Vitamin C has a cumulative effect. So higher concentrations are not needed if used over long periods of time. Same goes for products like Retinol. Rx levels of retinol, etc. are more effective short-term, but they can also be very irritating at those levels which leads people to stop using them. High levels of Vitamin C can have the smae effects. Long-term it's a matter of consistency.

All exfoliants cause some irritation when first used. And Retinol isn't an exfoliant. That is the first clue that you're not getting good information from a website. If you doctor thinks Retinol is an exfoliant, then you need to get a new doctor.

"Dr. Denese Day Cream/SPF 30 (Zinc Oxide 7.5%, Octinoxate 7.5%) - if you are going to use a chemical sunscreen full of "nasties", at last use one of the European sunscreens with better UVA protection. See the Sun Protection forum for loads of ideas."

INCORRECT: "European" sunscreens use the same effective ingredients as sunscreens in the U.S. How do I know? I'm from Europe. There is a difference between a sunscreens and sunblocks. The author of your website should know this. It's chemistry 101.

My advice is that you go to a credible website that bases it's opinions on scientific research backed by double blind clinical trials and peer reviewed studies. The only wesite that even comes close to this is www.paulaschoice.com.  All the other websites are just a bunch of cackling women with no basic knowledge of chemistry spouting nonsense. Sorry, but these are facts.

Message 50 of 105
latest reply

I don't understand all of you. My experienced has such success. If my body could look as my entire face and chest. I be even happier. Dr. Dense products work you have to give them time. Even my friend's I gave as gifts. As used them and has great results. I and my friends are sold on them. I suggest maybe try again it won't work overnight but its a start. Keep using and you'll see results. Its your decision.
Message 51 of 105
latest reply

Just started Dr. Denese New York SPF 30 defense day cream and now I am breaking out in hives?!
Message 52 of 105
latest reply

@mrs_diva wrote:
As I was waiting for my QVC auto ship of Dr. denese 5 piece skin care....back order. 😞 I bought the pads,day cream and hydroshield...off ebay all sealed and new...but the pads started to give me little red bumbs all over my face...the only other time I got lil red bumps on my face was when I used alphahydrox.:O The hydroshield felt like baby oil going on and never did feel matte.....and the day cream made my makeup slide off after a few hours, I noticed the ingredients in the day cream just zinc oxide nothing else so I know its just a sun block but if all the ingredients is zinc then how is that making my skin look younger..outside of blocking the suns rays..please ladies I watch Dr. Denese all the time on Qvc and shes stunning and looks great..but I had such high hopes for her products but after just trying the top 3 in her line I feel let down and have cancelled my auto ship order on Qvc...please tell me if you had any of the problems with the pads like I did. And what kind of luck you have had with her line....lol....right now I am watching Qvc and Mally Beauty is on...I am so sick of hearing the term
"SMOKEY EYE.:-p I mean $60.00 for eyeshadow yeah ok, not everyone looks good in brown eyeshadow....tee-hee. I am a QVC addict and watch it alot so I am not bashing Dr, Denese or Mally..ie smokey eye just wanted input on Dr. Denese line...kinda got the giggles thinking about the term smokey eye I will put that look off untill I am old and rich and can afford $60.00 for brown eyeshadow..not..will save my money and just buy maybelline or cover girl....they offer alot of brown tones and cost only $2.50 .lol one lady Mally used the smokey eye on and peach blush kinda looks like a plastic doll at toys R us..just kidding :^O

Message 53 of 105
latest reply

Message 54 of 105
latest reply

I cannot do without Dr. Denese Hydroshield.  I also like her Hydroshield face emulsion just because it feels good on my skin.  30spf day cream I like in the summer because it stays on well, and I can get away without any other makeup, but only the kind in the jar.  They changed the packaging to a tube a few yrs ago and it was awful!  I don't know if they got rid of that or not. But I have to agree, most of her stuff is just expensive and pretty ordinary.  Paula's Choice is a good line for me for cleanser and they make some serum products that are good, IMO.  I love her books "The Beauty Bible" and "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me", she really knows her stuff, and (I feel) gives unbiased opinions and ratings for just about every beauty product out there. Her site is cosmeticscop.com.  I love Bare Minerals original foundation, and my new favorite is their tinted Prime Time primer.  I can get away with just using the primer, it doesn't settle in lines and wrinkles and lasts all day.  I'm in my 60's and don't use much else besides Maybelline Ultra Brow eyebrow(been using it for years, IMO best eyebrow stuff out there),  light coating of mascara, and sometimes lipstick.  As you get older, as they say, less is more!;)

Anyone who thinks that money can't buy happiness has never paid a shelter pet's adoption fee
Message 55 of 105
latest reply

Exactly! I am so glad someone called out this lady. She does say she has had botox, derm fillers, and derm abrastion, laser treatments etc etc. all

performed by a Dermatogist so what exactly her creams are doing for your face is impossible to determine. The same goes for Dmitri "Lizard Man" James and his Skinn line. The guy looks botoxed up as his entire face does not move. He also appears to have had lip injections. I refer to him as Lizard Man because he really looks slightly alien at this point. Use only products that have been tested ie Retin A products, in laboratory conditions, everything else is just cold cream with various fruit and vegetable extracts chucked in..bascially useless.

Message 56 of 105
latest reply

Some people may love her line, some may hate it...Beauty products are kind of like food...Just because you don't like the taste of mustard doesn't mean that mustard is "bad"...Everyones skin reacts differently to products...so what may work for one, may not work for the next...and the next may say..it's alright..but nothing special... In my experience with Dr. Denese products, I have only found one that has become a staple. The pads. The only product so far I have found that outdoes that pad is the Serious Skincare Glycolic Retexturizing Cream..That stuff is the bomb. I work in retail and deal mostly with beauty products..and it's hard to reccommend something to someone because it may work wonders for me...but turn your face beet red with bumps..I always just say...this is what I use, and I really like, love, etc.

Message 57 of 105
latest reply

You should go to an esthetician and have microdermabrasion. It could be quite helpful for your skin issues. Dr. Denese is beautiful but skin care only does so much. She's had a face lift and other procedures.
Message 58 of 105
latest reply

did any ever here of  isomers skin care its from evine live on tv shes a scienctist and her line is very good. i use it and my skin changed fore the better. its like having skin that dosent change but just gets better. she also has a web site isomers.com

Message 59 of 105
latest reply

Have you tried used Cetaphil?
Message 60 of 105
latest reply