cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair color without peroxide or ammonia

I think there are some hair stylists on this board. I am looking for a hair color that does not contain peroxide or ammonia. My BF is allergic to both. The Clairol product "Beautiful" gives nice color but only holds for one or two shampoos on his 100% silver hair. Is there a natural product that holds better, without pink or yellow tones?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Hair color without peroxide or ammonia

They JUST ADDED peroxide to Natural Instincts which defeats the purpose of my buying it##
Message 16 of 42
latest reply

you are right.  Loving Care should never have been taken off the market. I was a wonderful product and should be brought back immediately.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

I just thought I would let all of you interested in a no peroxide no ammonia hair color what I use. It's called Reviving Colors from Dark and Lovely. This hair color is formulated to be used on relaxed hair and is found in the ethnic hair section at Walmart and at some beauty supply stores.  This formula works well on my hair and my hair is natural, not relaxed and I'm white. I use the Ebone Brown shade and really like it. Though I wish they had a more ashy tone, this one looks good on me and it's like a chocolate brown. They have some very nice black shades as well as a couple of red shades. Some Walmarts carry all the shades and some just have the popular shades like brown and black. This haircolor does not containg any silicones. Clairol's beautiful collection has silicones and my hair seemed to get very dried out and messy when I was using their product. Reviving colors doesn't damage my hair in the least. Hope this helps a lot of you out there!

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

If you can pop into a Hairdressers, any should be pleased to answer questions and help you out.. No true Stylists will ever feel you need to make an appointment to have your hair done with them.. Because they care enough to help you may just remember them 😉
Message 19 of 42
latest reply

Daniel Field organic and mineral hair colour is fantastic it covers up greys... you can choose a colour close to your natural colour.. it doesn't harm your hair at all.  it works I believe like a varnish and so you can confidently use it regularly without damaging your hair and it creates your hair to look really strong and shiny . I cannot recommend this product highly enough. http://www.danielfieldmailorder.co.uk

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

Natural Instincts has peroxide in it.

Natural henna will cover silver grey hair, and do a great job. After several uses, the henna builds up to where you see all silver/grey go dark. I used it for years. Depending on the color, it is gritty and kind of goopy, and prone to dropping to the floor in great gobs. I used two different colors to get a very natural look, a red for warmth, and black for depth of color as my hair was an extremely dark brown. Initially, the red helps the grey look like hilights, as I had mostly dark hair left. It was activated with a heat cap, so the process was long, messy, stained things, and was laborious. But it's the only dye that lasts and doesn't damage hair. However, that long, messy process became too much, and I switched to Natural Instincts. No question that over time it has dryer and damaged my hair, though it's much gentler than other brands, or than permanent color.

Message 21 of 42
latest reply

All semi-permanent hair color has peroxide in it. There are several non-permanent hair colors peroxide free and ammonia free that I know of: L'oreal Color Pulse (discontinued but still available on Ebay), Love Your Color by CoSaMo (available at Walmart), Jazzy (Sally's), and Fanci-Full by Beautyge Brands USA (Walmart, drug stores and grocery stores). I hope this helps. I used Natural Instincts for a long time but then they changed the formula and added peroxide making it semi permanent. Jazzy and Fanci-Full are wash out they only last through like three shampoos. The other two last 6-12 shampoos. I wish Loving Care was still available, it was really the best!

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you very much for your information, hydrogen peroxide helps the penetration of colour and make it stays there but it also bleach the melanin in the hair follicle and worsen the hair graying. What is your advice? 

I do not totally rely on the following, I read in some papers too.

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/article/gray-hair-untangling-fact-fiction

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

Unbelievable! A color without ammonia, lanolin, (I’m allergic also), and peroxide? Fabulous!
I e been grayvfor s long time and after chemo, my hair grew back in with even more!!!
I do use henna which colors AND conditions!
Message 24 of 42
latest reply

I have been inquiring about a product for years! Clairol makes one, but I began to get sensitive so I use dark brown henna and it covers the grays. It the begins to turn to a beautiful red if you dont color right away. I shanpoo every three days. I’m 56 now & if I shampooed the way I used to, every day? It would be like straw! Henna conditions also and they even have a clear one for added shine! I use Surya Brasil. Amazing! Order on amazon or at health food store. Good luck!
Message 25 of 42
latest reply

Hi can you email me where can you obtain it as I have problem using the hydrogen proxide as an alegic to hydrogen proxide my scalp goes all red when I apply it my  email         afrowest@hotmail.com

I would be most greatfull for any assistance.

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

The nice n easy I have been using for years and years No 79  NO proxide No amonia has been with drawn can I get it anywhere else  I am alleregic to the proxide and amonia and am desperate now I have  dark brown hair

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

Hi 

i came cross withthis web site whilst I was searching myself http://www.danielfieldmailorder.co.uk/natural-hair-colour/ 

Because You said you have 100% grey that cound be the answer for you.

Never too late an answer a question 🤗

Message 28 of 42
latest reply

i used to use it too but it is not available any more

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

Not all semi permanents contain hydrogen peroxide.

Message 30 of 42
latest reply