cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fragrance of Agree shampoo

03wyatt22
Enthusiast
Hello,
Does anyone know of a cologne or perfume that had almost the same fragrance of Agree Shampoo years ago. I remember that there was one, and wish that I had asked for the name way back then. I read an article in a ladies magazine, a few years ago that listed fragrances and the other products that were similar. I thank anyone that might can help.
Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Fragrance of Agree shampoo

yakyakyak46
Thrill-Seeker
OP: Boy I loved how the original Agree shampoo & conditioner smelled! I hope someone knows the answer.

Do you remember the name of the ladies magazine by any chance? If you do, perhaps you could email them & ask them about that article.
Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Dear 03wyatt22,

Like you, I love the fragrance of Agree shampoo. I was so disappointed when they stopped making it back in the mid 1990s. I'm not aware of the cologne you refer to, BUT I did find a candle in a gift store that smells almost identical to Agree shampoo. The fragrance is called Bridgewater and it's made by Bridgewater Candle Co. I guess it's their signature fragrance. I listed a link below to their fragrance page. Their website also contains a link to their current retailers. Maybe you can locate a store close to you.

http://www.bridgewatercandles.com/bw_our_candles_list.html

Also, did you notice there's a seller on ebay named RAREMODELSTOYS who has many bottles of Agree shampoo and conditioner from the 80s for sale?

Hope this helps you a little bit....

Jeepgirl1127
Message 3 of 49
latest reply

03wyatt22,-
I just sent you a personal message, but in case anyone else is looking they do still make this in the original scent, though it must have been bought out by a new company. The company who makes this is Schwarzkopf & Henkl and the shampoo comes in a white bottle with a blooming, 70s-style pink/orange/yellow flower on top.
This is hard to find, but I came across some at Ocean State Job lot in Berlin, CT and a 3 minute conditioner (similar label, but in a tube) with the same scent at the Dollar Tree in Middletown, CT. The label is in both English and what looks to be either Japanese/Chinese. This is *not* the same as the various Agree Shampoos and Conditioners that you can find online (at MedShoppe & places like that) by doing a google search. I love Agree too & this smells exactly as I recall back in the 70s-early 90s. Good luck
Message 4 of 49
latest reply

ar0589
Enthusiast
I was trying to look up this shampoo you talk of by Schwarzkopf & Henkl. Is it still called Agree or is it renamed? I can not find anything on line from this maker that is named agree shampoo or conditioner. If you have any other info that would be a great help and greatly apprecited 🙂

Thanks
kmbt777
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

bunny-boo
Enthusiast
found it! Great price too!

http://www.medshopexpress.com/608277.html
Message 6 of 49
latest reply

csiguy7
Enthusiast
I know that everyone's sniffer is different but the fragrance you are think of isn't 'Colours' by Benelton or Benniton was it.
I don't even think they make that fragrance now but I believe it was around the same time as Agree was..... just thought it might help.
Message 7 of 49
latest reply

flamoe
Enthusiast
Hi Just reading your post now,were you able to find any information on how to find this?
Message 8 of 49
latest reply

I've got to join in here. The agree they are selling at the dollar stores bears the name AGREE but that's about it, the smell is not the same at all. BUT I got good news for you all: CVS sells Cristophe Professional Volumizing shampoo which smells EXACTLY like the agree from the 90's. TRY it. And its on sale and they also have $2 off coupons at the store next to it. Here is the link to show you all what it looks like.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=268782&productId=268782&navAction=jump&navCount=3

Let me know what you think! 🙂
Message 9 of 49
latest reply

muzicman1961
Enthusiast
I just went to CVS today to check out the Christophe shampoo and I have to say, it smells nothing like the Agree shampoo of yesteryear
Message 10 of 49
latest reply

janine4384
Enthusiast

Ha! I realize your post was over 4 years ago but I believe  the fragrance that smelled like Agree shampoo was called Babe by Faberge . I remember them both well .

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

I was obsessed with agree shampoo and cannot find anything similar. They did change the fragrance in the late 90s and it was not the same. The best shampoo I can find that leaves hair smelling just as fresh, not fruity, is Pert 2-1. You can find it everywhere and it is inexpensive. This is my new go to fresh smelling shampoo. If you loved Agree, you will love this as well!!
Message 12 of 49
latest reply

I found some online but you have to spend $150 on 5 bottles.
Message 13 of 49
latest reply

Well Agree is back, found it on
Www.agreehair.com
Message 14 of 49
latest reply

Agree is back! Found it on
Www.agreehair.com
😄😄😄😄😄
Message 15 of 49