cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to spot fake Shiseido products?

in-my-zone
Enthusiast
I bought Shiseido White Lucent Foam recently. I have a doubt if it's real or fake. It said "Made in Japan" Any of your comments would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Does anyone know how to spot fake Shiseido products?

If if were me, I would avoid buying anything from anyone based in China. This is due to the fact that there exist so many fraud threads that pertain to sellers from that country.

If you purchase from sellers within your own country, you at least have some recourse.

Always pay by PP via a credit card too.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

pidge0605
Thrill-Seeker
Shiseido is made in Japan
I sell the foundations, and this is what it says on the box, and also on the label that is on the bottle itself
Made in Japan
Shiseido Co, LTD 7-5-5 Ginza Tokyo
Shiseido Dist
New York, Paris, Milano

(I believe the last line, is the countries that distribute the product)
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

pidge0605
Thrill-Seeker
Ak! my grammer is awful there!
should be:
ARE the countries that distribute the product
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

needs_and_nessesities
Trailblazer
Go to a store and buy it in person. Practically foolproof.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

So? that doesn't necessarily mean that the entire china is a big fraud itself. think of the population in china, with such a high population of course there would be more fraud than countries like canada and US. have you been to china before? you are just being stereotype and raciest!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

chimpychampy
Enthusiast

well said.  I'll never ever forget some of the Arts of China I have been privileged to see

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

chimpychampy
Enthusiast

A buyer can feel the texture of purchases of cosmetics/health products, also use a magnifier on the container/glass or plastic etc.  Blurry glass that is more thick and heavy than is necessary is a sign of cheap manufacturing (which is NOT famous designer style at all!)  If plastic is used, is it well crafted, embellished with carving or silver or gold?  An expensive designer can use plastic to dispense product, but it will be stylish or seductive to the touch with smoothness, polish or texture.  Fakes take shortcuts on the packaging (ie large bulky seams in glass or plastic, rough edges that aren't streamlined (think dollar store style)  The printing of the ''designer they are coping''will even be blurry, the whole article will not completely feel expensive, check the neck and cap connections etc.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hello?? Shiseido IS made in Japan!!!

If it says "made in the USA" then it is a fake!!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

My Shiseido sunscreen is writen on the back of the box as well as on the back of the container that it is "Made in USA"
OMG!!!Is it fake???I gave like 50 bucks arghhh
Oh and i forgot to mention that i bought from a chinese guy located in Hong Kong......is that a red flag??
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Bought online in one of the biggest shops gran canaria shiseido - made in france...

creme is grisy - can I send it back??

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I just sold a bootle of shiseido relaxing spray the bottle will fill strage but thin ,and you can tell by the way it smell's it smell's like heaven in a bottle but i got to buy before you smell, so look at bottle of bottle dist in new york but made in france i sold a 3.2 fl.os. bolttle 3/2 full with shipping it was $75.00

if you get to smell it ther's no mistake you will smell the fragace its like flowers in a bottle, i hope i helped PEACE

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

If you look at bottom and it dont say dist in usa but made in france i would not buy thats like gold,lol

i sold mine in 2 hours )

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I just bought a product from someone who said they were from "United States" but it was a complete and waste due to FAKE! Buyer beware anymore on ebay! Ebay is losing business because it continues to allow Sellers to sell all these fakes and they are should do something about it but obvious believe it will not hurt their business but it is!
Message 14 of 14
latest reply