cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

ouroldtoybox
Enthusiast
Why do they make a great product that works excellent for your hair and that other people like also, and then discontinue making it???

I wish they still made Matrix Essentials Sculpting Glaze and Matrix Simply Silk Detangling Rinse. Another fave of mine was the Matrix Vavoom Pomousse

Anyone in the same problem as me??
Message 1 of 183
latest reply
182 REPLIES 182

Re: Discontinued Hair Products you wish they still made!

cannot remember the spelling on the bottle but boy do I remember the awesome smell..someone help me out here.. montage??

Message 166 of 183
latest reply

(Sunday) Shampoo by Bumble and bumble ! i freakin l0ved this shampoo i used this in a few ways !! it was good if your haircolor took too dark! or if you wanted to remove a semi color put this on get under A hair dryer for about 20 min a pow the color u just did that you didnt want was magically washed out. Also used for  blonde hair if your toner took purple grey or any unwanted color!   AMAZING must have for a stylist ! Cat Very Happy

Message 167 of 183
latest reply

SO DO I!  Without a doubt Fermo Caresse was the best shampoo I ever used (at any cost and it was inexpensive compared to Aveda products) and I used it for at least a decade.  No buildup, an intoxicatingly clean fragrance that people constantly remarked on (in a positive manner) when they got close, and was neither feminine or masculine smelling.  The best thing was how healthy my hair and scalp were and you could use it daily without drying your hair out. My hair is naturally shiny but with that you could use it for a mirror and see the sun reflect off the hair.  Hopefully Revlon Professional Products will revive the shampoo.  Many people online comment about wanting it.  I'd buy a case.

Message 168 of 183
latest reply

anyone know what a volumizing product was called back in early 2000. i only ever found it at the actual dollar tree stores in a small red can. you sprayed the mouse into your hands and or would "grow" then you worked it into your hair either damp or dry and after blow drying it your hair was mega light weight almost like there was no hair on your head and gave such incredible volume. it also smelled pretty awesome. I think it was only in the stores for a few years then when the brand got well known they moved into bigger stores. asked all my sisters but everyone only remembers the small red can. 

Message 169 of 183
latest reply

Does anyone remember a shampoo and conditioner that came in a square, all black shiny bottle?

I have no idea what the name of it was, but it had the BEST FRAGRANCE to it!

I used to buy it in drugstores in southern California, and later on when i was visiting a cousin in New York,

I was so surprised to see the same bottles in her shower!

It wasn't a very popular brand (usually on the bottle shelf display in supermarkets), so I couldn't believe that she had sought out the same product that I had

3,000 miles away. They eventually stopped making it, but every once in a while I think of it and do a

google search, but without a product or company name, it is nearly impossilbe to find.

Besides the original Vidal Sassoon line (which had a great almond smell...) the ones in the square black bottles were amazing!

I also used to love the green bottles of Agree shampoo and conditioner... Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific..... Body on Tap (?) beer shampoo...

Lipsmackers in the metal tin - used to collect so many flavors, but especially the vanilla! Ah... the good ol' days!

Thanks for any help you can provide to solve my mystery!

Message 170 of 183
latest reply

Bonne Bell Shampoo 2000. ONE lathering sufficient...ONE teaspoon enough to leave even my waist length, oily hair shining. Mild scent that didn't fight with your perfume,
Naturally  they discontinued it, and Bonne Bell went out of business for good measure.

Message 171 of 183
latest reply

I miss Clairol Hair 

So New conditioner and FOHO shampoo. FOHO stood for, For Oily Hair Only.  It was great for getting lots of product out if my hair.

Message 172 of 183
latest reply

Redken Fillerall was a great pigment shampoo!!! Great as a toner and for color correction!
Message 173 of 183
latest reply

They definitely still make it. I saw it as CVS 2 or 3 days ago. See...here at Ulta too: http://www.ulta.com/instant-dry-shampoo-spray?productId=xlsImpprod3900585

@worldtraveler23 wrote:
Psssst -- dry shampoo. If they still make it, I can't find it!

Message 174 of 183
latest reply

There were so many great smelling shampoos in the 70s - 80s, and cheap drugstore/big box brands too. Agree, Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific, Vidal Sassoon, Silkience, Body on Tap and a couple you can still find Prell and Pert. The problem, they either worked too well getting the oil out and the ends were fly-away or they didn't work at all and your clean hair looked dirty (the old L'Oreal shampoos) and at first there really weren't conditioners sold until maybe the mid-80s? I remember using Tame...not a conditioner...a creme rinse, and it just greased me up!

Someone mentioned Lip Smackers, and that reminded me of Maybelline Kissing Potion, does anyone else remember that one? I loved that stuff and it really was kissing potion, my boyfriend liked the flavors as much as I did! lol
Message 175 of 183
latest reply

If anyone is still interested, FYI, the Vermont Country Store is selling THEIR version of Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific - it's NOT the original formula because deer musk oil is now banned by the IRFA.  I actually purchased the VCS version and it smells NOTHING like the original.  How could it when it's made with synthetic musk oil.  The original formula is still in production and sold in the Philippines, but I can't find it anywhere online to buy and ship it to the US. 

Message 176 of 183
latest reply

Loved the smell of shampoo 2000

Message 177 of 183
latest reply

I found some on eBay. Type in L'Envie conditioner...I can't believe it!
Message 178 of 183
latest reply

I miss the stuff that they made called material my beauty salon started using it on me and then I started buying it they discontinued it and I wish they bring that back I love that stuff

Message 179 of 183
latest reply

I've been looking everywhere for the name of the conditioner, to no avail 😕

Message 180 of 183
latest reply