cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried DermaTend Mole remover?

I have a couple moles I would rather be without, and don't really want to get surgery. I've heard of this cream called DermaTend that supposedly removes them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and with what results? Thanks all!
Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

Re: Anyone tried DermaTend Mole remover?

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm412302.htm 

Solace International, Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Dermatend Original and Dermatend Ultra Due to Safety Concerns

Consumer:
775-323-1413

Media:
Aaron Lilly
775-323-1413

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - August 28, 2014 - Reno, Nevada, Solace International, Inc. is voluntarily recalling all lots of Dermatend Original and Dermatend Ultra, in all sizes and dosage form, to the distributor/wholesaler level. A mole should be removed under the supervision of a dermatologist. Dermatend is not FDA approved, thus has not been shown to be safe and effective for the uses suggested in the labeling. Using these Dermatend products instead of seeking medical attention could result in delayed diagnosis of conditions such as cancer.

Currently, the Dermatend Original and Dermatend Ultra products are used to remove moles, warts and skin tags. Dermatend Original and Dermatend Ultra are packaged in a flexible plastic tubes labeled with the product name in blue letters. All units and lots are affected by the recall.

Solace International, Inc. is notifying its distributors/wholesalers by certified letter and is arranging for the return of all recalled products. Distributors/wholesalers that have Dermatend Original and Dermatend Ultra product, which is being recalled, should return all units and cases to Solace International, Inc. Consumers who purchased Dermatend Original and Dermatend Ultra to remove moles and warts should immediately discontinue use and consult their physician.

Consumers with questions regarding this recall can contact Solace International, Inc. at 775-323-1413 orinfo@dermatend.com, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. Consumers should contact their physician or healthcare provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to taking or using this product.

Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with the use of this product may be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail or by fax.

This recall is being conducted with the knowledge of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

###

@courtneys*clothesline wrote:
I have a couple moles I would rather be without, and don't really want to get surgery. I've heard of this cream called DermaTend that supposedly removes them, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and with what results? Thanks all!

Message 106 of 129
latest reply

I kept my mole bandaged for the first week. It was on my face so I had lots of people asking what happened! 🙂 

After that I just kept appying the derma tend cream and when the scab fell off the mole was gone. It has never came back. There is a very light mark there, barely there. If you didn't know I had a mole there you would never guess it!

Not sure why the recall, you can dig up blood root and make a poultice and do the same thing. That is it's primary ingredient. I had moles taken off by 3 different dermatologists and I have scarring and regrowth at all of them!

Message 107 of 129
latest reply

The only reason there was a recall is because the company is open to law suits if a person removes a mole and it was cancerous. It's a great product. I've recommended it for a couple of years now.

Message 108 of 129
latest reply

Contact Neways in Australia, and ask for Bev Sekulla.  She had acne scarring and pitting, and Neways products appear to have removed them successfully.  She was also a redhead.

Message 109 of 129
latest reply

its recalled because it works...Anything that works without a doctor gets snuffed out. **bleep**s  I got rid of 13 moles painlessly.. I know

Message 110 of 129
latest reply

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share my experience with dermatend with you, I am not usually one to write reviews but it is the reviews that pushed me to get the product and if it helped me then it can help others and boy it feels good not having that darn thing on my face! I got the small bottle which came with a free gift and I chose the scar healing cream, think it was about £35 and the bottle is really tiny but don't be fooled as it goes a very long way! I scratched the moles with the stick you get with it and also with the file you get, the only mistake I did make was i filed the whole area and the skin round the moles blistered but went down but cover the surrounding skin with a thin layer of vaseline and try to only get the mole.  If you do get the blisters do not be alarmed they will go down and fall off but it probably isnt great for the skin! I used the stick to dab the area until it was covered, I have 3 moles and one is dark and raised above my lip but small and then i have two flats, one next to my nose and one on my cheek which are light coloured but still noticible.  I used the dermatend first on the one above my lip and the one on my cheek to see how it healed and looked as the one next to my nose would be really noticible if something went wrong! Anyway so i dabbed on the cheek and lip mole until covered and it did sting a bit, nothing unbearable but you can feel it and then it goes off after about 30 mins or so. I kept this on for an hour which is slighly longer than recommended.  I then did this again after washing off but this time left it on for about 30 mins, by this time they were black.  Next morning they were hard and over the day they started to scab, I just kept putting the sccar cream on them every few hours or when they were dry.  Next morning they had gone a yellow gross puss colour round the mole and were really red and sore and I thought... **bleep** what have I done! I kept putting the scar cream on and this morning I woke up the one above my lip the scab was off and the mole had gone, I literally couldnt believe it, I looked so different in my eyes and just rang everyone because I was so excited! I think this one went first because it had a bigger scab and was raised slightly but the other one I think will come off in the next day or so as it had loosened from the skin and still red but it is not ready yet and I dont want to force it and scar my cheek.  The one that came off has left a blemish, reddish at first but the redness has gone now, it looks like a spot was there but after a few weeks I am sure if I use that cream it will be very very tiny mark left if any.  I will update you on the flat one, if anyone wants pics I took some during the process so drop me an email and I will get them over and answer any questions.  I will update again once the flat one is gone and then will hopefully start on the one next to my nose!!! I still cannot stop looking at the one thats gone, it's like a photoshop for me it is unreal!!! Honest guys it works and its a great product

Message 111 of 129
latest reply

I have tried it and it works better than when I use to go to a dermtologist. In about 6 days the oversized moles and tages where gone before I even noticed them gone. I had one large one on the temple of my face ( ugly, unatractive and so noitcable by everyone,since I was a little girl and I am 53 now. It removed it and it never came back. I removed it 7 years ago,

@emmageordienib wrote:

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share my experience with dermatend with you, I am not usually one to write reviews but it is the reviews that pushed me to get the product and if it helped me then it can help others and boy it feels good not having that darn thing on my face! I got the small bottle which came with a free gift and I chose the scar healing cream, think it was about £35 and the bottle is really tiny but don't be fooled as it goes a very long way! I scratched the moles with the stick you get with it and also with the file you get, the only mistake I did make was i filed the whole area and the skin round the moles blistered but went down but cover the surrounding skin with a thin layer of vaseline and try to only get the mole.  If you do get the blisters do not be alarmed they will go down and fall off but it probably isnt great for the skin! I used the stick to dab the area until it was covered, I have 3 moles and one is dark and raised above my lip but small and then i have two flats, one next to my nose and one on my cheek which are light coloured but still noticible.  I used the dermatend first on the one above my lip and the one on my cheek to see how it healed and looked as the one next to my nose would be really noticible if something went wrong! Anyway so i dabbed on the cheek and lip mole until covered and it did sting a bit, nothing unbearable but you can feel it and then it goes off after about 30 mins or so. I kept this on for an hour which is slighly longer than recommended.  I then did this again after washing off but this time left it on for about 30 mins, by this time they were black.  Next morning they were hard and over the day they started to scab, I just kept putting the sccar cream on them every few hours or when they were dry.  Next morning they had gone a yellow gross puss colour round the mole and were really red and sore and I thought... **bleep** what have I done! I kept putting the scar cream on and this morning I woke up the one above my lip the scab was off and the mole had gone, I literally couldnt believe it, I looked so different in my eyes and just rang everyone because I was so excited! I think this one went first because it had a bigger scab and was raised slightly but the other one I think will come off in the next day or so as it had loosened from the skin and still red but it is not ready yet and I dont want to force it and scar my cheek.  The one that came off has left a blemish, reddish at first but the redness has gone now, it looks like a spot was there but after a few weeks I am sure if I use that cream it will be very very tiny mark left if any.  I will update you on the flat one, if anyone wants pics I took some during the process so drop me an email and I will get them over and answer any questions.  I will update again once the flat one is gone and then will hopefully start on the one next to my nose!!! I still cannot stop looking at the one thats gone, it's like a photoshop for me it is unreal!!! Honest guys it works and its a great product

@emmageordienib wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am trying to find this product again since another mole has occured in a different part of the body, I swear by this stuff.

Message 112 of 129
latest reply

I used DermaTend once and it worker very well for me, but I tried to buy another one but I can't find it any where in the Internet... Does anybody know of another mile remover creme that works like DermaTend? I've heard of Nevi Skin but I didn't know if anyone's ever used it before.
Message 113 of 129
latest reply

I used dermatend a few times on skin tags and warts. It is the greatest product have used.

You don't want to use to much just small amounts to see it disappear in a couple weeks.

Figures the medical community wanted it removed as it takes away their business.

Message 114 of 129
latest reply

I used dermatend on my legs and feet and hand. 2 of them just faded and one grew back. I also used it on my face..big mistake. you dont want to use this on your face unless your certain that you can deal with any damage it might leave you. I had a mole on my nose and I got tired of looking cute haha and so I used dermatend on it. The mole fell off right away and for a couple of weeks there was just a red dot where the mole use to be. Months later the mole grew back partially but also grew bigger. Now I have a bump on my nose and the mole itself is smaller now kind of like a donut the inside part is gone so now it looks gross. I hate it. I used to like my nose but now I hate looking at myself in the mirror. I dont even wear makeup anymore. All I see is a bump on my nose and a jacked up mole that foundation can't even cover. I never wore foundation before this and I thought about whether to just use a heavy foundation to cover up my mole and acne on some days or whether to remove my mole with dermatend and I chose dermatend. It's been almost 2 years now. I really wish I had gone with the foundation. The only thing I am satisfied with this stupid product is that the mole on my hand and on my foot just vanished. I don't reccomend using anything on your face that could leave you disfigured. If my insecurities about my mole were bad before now theyre way worse. and theres nothing I can do about it

Message 115 of 129
latest reply

I used dermatend once to remove a fairly large mole a few cm that I was born with. Fell off in a mere 48 hours. Didn't hurt and barely left a small imprint where it used to be. Also had the opportunity to go to a dermatologist to remove an even smaller one on my neck. Shot of novacane hurt obviously. Doctor used a scalpel, got a tiny bit of blood on my favorite tie, and it left a scar. You do the math and decide. So typical the crooks at the FDA would pull this awesome product.

Message 116 of 129
latest reply

Does anyone know where i can buy the DermaTend Mole remover? please leave a link

Message 117 of 129
latest reply

I have several red moles and is interested in buying this product..Plz help

Message 118 of 129
latest reply

Yes, I used it to removal at least a dozen small to large moles. Best thing I've found to permanently remove moles!! Amazing stuff!! 

Message 119 of 129
latest reply

You need to file those moles to open them so they'll take the Dermatend.

Message 120 of 129
latest reply