eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
jetscreameryouareadreamer
Community Member

Ageless Xtra..anyone familiar with this supplement?

On Monday I was given some free samples of this supplement from a fellow Curves member.
I have spent some time trying to find some non biased info about it, but only come up with advertisements FOR it by people who are selling it.
This is supposedly a drink full of antioxidants and all those things we need for cell renewal. I've never heard of most of these ingredients. I am always skeptical.
It is made by Oasis Lifesciences.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jetscreameryouareadreamer
I did not see the new thread on supplements....I'll go look there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

OK, still haven't been able to find anything.
Is there such a site that reviews products like these?
Maybe it is just impossible to review all of the products popping up.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

MLM Bullcrap

The president of the company USED TO work for Avon. I don't mean that in a nice way.

Caliber Fitness Solutions
The Leader in Human Evolution
1-888-275-1323

The Leader in Human Evolution.

Ebay's Most Controversial Powerseller of all time!!!

My status
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Tell me what you know...plenty of people love Avon.....
I am a world class skeptic, but I believe that we have a lot to learn about nutrition.
I ought to feel better than I do...so I am interested.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Well well,
Caliber, I see you live in Greenville...I live in Simpsonville....I probably know you.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I ran into a dead end as I was following your conversation. I also was given a sample bottle of agelessxtra. Have you found out anymore about it? Or do you know where I can go to find out?
thanks
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Hi,
No, I haven't been able to find out anything other than what is printed in the brochure.
As for the earlier correspondence, he didn't offer any info to back up his comment, so that turned out to be a dead end.
From what I read, it certainly sounds like a good product. I have a bottle of it, it tastes good, might work, but I don't know. There was no pressure put on me to sell it, so the MLM thing doesn't bother me.
I am having some problems with anemia now, so I thought I'd better hold off on this.
It seems to be worth trying.

there doesn't appear to be
Please use plain text.
Community Member

You problably do. In the summertime, I run the nutrition shop at the flea market, Fairground Square in Piedmont. Since its cold, I'm only down there once a month until May and then its every Saturday. Stop by and visit when you can

The Leader in Human Evolution.

Ebay's Most Controversial Powerseller of all time!!!

My status
Please use plain text.
Community Member

This is from Oasis Life Science. My doctor gave me this, see I have COPD and I am run down alot. I drink one a day. It is wonderful, and yes I feel better and lots of energy. This stuff is great. Go to this website and you can read more. Oasis has changed their name to Univera Life Science. Here is the web address.
http://ageless.bigbig.com/
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I HAVE BEEN TAKING THIS STUFF FOR 3 WKS...IT IS GREAT...TWO OF MY KIDS ARE TOO.....IT GIVES ME NATURAL ENERGY I HAVE BEEN MISSING...I LOVE IT
Please use plain text.
Community Member

You can find opinions and info. on agelessxtra at a forum:

http://bestmlmcompany.net
Please use plain text.
Community Member

You can find all about Agelessxtra, at the forum:

http://bestmlmcompany.net

As well as discuss it, ask questions, etc..

Scott
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Why would the original poster want to get his information only from the company that's trying to sell the product?
If he chooses to look there, he should balance that biased information with info. from a disinterested source (someone who doesn't stand to profit from selling the stuff).
Also, trust your instincts, people. Yes, it's a red flag that you can't find any independent information about the product and that most searches find only "information", rather, thinly veiled sales pitches, from the company itself, which goes by many names.
I did find something interesting about the company's founder on a skeptic's blog called barkatthehole.com. Here's the link, if you're interested: http://www.barkatthehole.com/index.php?s=univera
It may be true that many of the ingredients in Univera's products are proven to be health-promoting. I've been wanting to try glucosamine and chondroitin (in RegeniCare) and I have a few trusty herbs in my medicine cabinet, but these are readily available at my health food store.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I would have thought this was long gone, by now.

I never could find any info on Ageless, except from sources wanting to sell it. Never mind with that. That is of no use to me, and I am such a skeptic anyway.

I am actually now taking a multi vitamin from Garden of Life. This has been recommended to me by my physician.

Her statement to me was, " that's what the pharmaceutical companies tell you, synthetic vitamins probably do no good and might actually be harmful."

She is talking my language.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have tries the ageless extra, and like it too. I am also a huge fan of the regenicare by Oasis, or Univera. I have been doing nails for 19 years, and my joints are starting to hurt. It is the only thing that works for me, and I highly recommend thier products.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

It's hard to argue with success. Regenicare contains glucosamine and chondroitin, which have helped many people with arthritis and similar painful conditions of the joints and ligaments. Glucosamine and chondroitin are readily available more cheaply elsewhere. And I would be concerned about putting some of the other ingredients that are in their products into my body on a regular basis: sorbitol, preservatives, sucralose, and the like.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I POSTED THAT I LOVE THE PRODUCT , BUT NOW I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN I TAKE THE AGELESS XTRA AND THE ESSENTIALS , WITHIN 30 MINUTES I GET A PAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF MY CHEST AND UPPER RIGHT SIDE. I DISCONTINUED USING IT AND THE PAIN WENT AWAY. I TRIED IT AGAIN AND KEPT TRACK OF THE TIME AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN. I DISCONTINUED TAKING IT AGAIN BECAUSE I WAS ON MEDICATION FOR THE FLU FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. I HAVE NOT FELT THE PAIN WITHIN THOSE 3 WEEKS. I TOOK AN AGELESS XTRA AND AN ESSENTIAL AND 30 MINTUES LATER THE PAIN STARTED. I CANCELLED MY AUTOMATIC DELIVERY FROM THEM AND NOW I AM GOING TO RETURN MY ORDER FOR A REFUND.
I HAVE SPOKE WITH MY DOCTOR , A HOLISTIC CERTIFIED DOCTOR AND THE OWNER OF A HEALTH FOOD STORE. I WAS BASICLY TOLD BY ALL THAT IT IS A WAY OF MAKING MONEY AND THAT WE DO NOT NEED TO TAKE THESE PRODUCTS. THE HOLISTIC DOCTOR ALSO HAS GONE TO SOME OF THE SEMINARS OF THESE PRODUCTS.
SO PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOU TAKE. WHEN I STARTED I WAS NOT TOLD THAT I HAD TO WAIT 30 MINUTES BEFORE TAKING AGELESS XTRA AND ESSENTIALS. ALSO PEOPLE WHO ARE ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH SHOULD NOT TAKE REGENI CARE.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

With all due respect, why would one look for "facts" from someone who's selling the product?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

The web-site is a tool that you can use to gain access to the facts.

Use it for what it's worth- or don't.
Please use plain text.