eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: New 2014 USPS Postage Rates

in reply to eleeper-half

The U.S. Postal Regulatory Commission has approved the United States Postal Service’s® proposed changes to the Domestic Mail Manual (DMM®). This means that effective September 7, 2014, mailers will see changes in Priority Mail® pricing, and depending on the service selected, commercial mailers may see substantial commercial price decreases. That’s good news for Priority Mail® commercial shippers! The Priority Mail® price changes come at a time when the Intelligent Mail® package barcode has provided, and continues to afford, the Postal Service™ with significant operational efficiencies and on-time delivery capability. With enhanced tracking and system visibility, equivalent to that of its competitors, the Postal Service has become a major player in the shipping arena. Priority Mail® has long been perceived as a favorite shipping option for mailers and the USPS® wants to grow its use and popularity even more. The new Priority Mail® commercial rates are a step in the right direction. More Details on the New Rates - See more at:

http://blogs.pb.com/usps-news/2014/08/18/usps-september-7th-changes-receive-prc-approval/#sthash.dns...

http://blogs.pb.com/usps-news/2014/08/18/usps-september-7th-changes-receive-prc-approval/

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to beesz

This link is easy to access to see the new price
Effective January 26, 2014
http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm

beesz wrote:

dtddtddtd wrote:

New Prices for January 26, 2014

First-Class Mail® Forever® Stamps will be $0.49, and the First-Class Mail International® Global Forever stamps will be $1.15.

http://www.usps.com/new-prices.htm

Thank you dtddtddtd for posting that link.  I couldn't find the info on my own on the usps site.

This link is easy to access to see the new price

Effective January 26, 2014 

Please use plain text.
jennac1
Community Member

in reply to eleeper-half

I was checking the new wshipping rates and noticed that the 3 oz first class rate with tracking rose from  1.69 to 1.93...  4 oz from 1.86 to 2.01.. that's a 12.44% increase for the 3 oz rate and 7.46% for the 4 oz.

Please use plain text.
beesz
Community Member

in reply to dtddtddtd

dtddtddtd wrote:

First-Class Mail® Forever® Stamps will be $0.49, and the First-Class Mail International® Global Forever stamps will be $1.15.

Thank you dtddtddtd for posting that link.  I couldn't find the info on my own on the usps site.

Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to eleeper-half

Yes,   they need to raise the rates  accordingly and add a reasonable amount for shipping materials.  Envelopes, labels etc. (we use bubble wrap) are not free!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dtddtddtd

I notice that HDC hasn't raised the shipping credit since at least 2008, back when media mail up to a pound was $2.23.  Now it's going to $2.69, yet the credits are still $2.64 (PB)/$3.07 (HB).

Any chance we'll see some movement on this? :-(

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to southernscavenger

Please use plain text.
southernscavenger
Community Member

in reply to eleeper-half

Remember when it used to be so simple to mail something? SIGH.....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dtddtddtd

bump

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to eleeper-half

U.S. Postal Service announces shipping prices for 2014 Overall price increase less than 3 percent

November 13, 2013 

Release No. 13-086 

http://www.facebook.com/uspsspacerTwitter @USPS

WASHINGTON — When new Postal Service Shipping Services prices take effect in January, customers will see an overall price increase of 2.4 percent.

In addition, Postal Service customers will have a new delivery choice for domestic Priority Mail Express in 2014. The new delivery service option will allow customers to send domestic Priority Mail Express packages to most locations in the U.S. by 10:30 a.m. for an extra $5.00 fee. Domestic Priority Mail Express is a fast, reliable service which offers day-specific delivery information, up to $100 free insurance and free package tracking.

Highlights of the new retail pricing for domestic Priority Mail Express products include:

• Retail Flat Rate, Padded Flat Rate and Legal Flat Rate envelopes — $19.99
  • Flat Rate Boxes — $44.95

Domestic pricing for Priority Mail Flat Rate products will remain affordable in 2014, with retail prices starting as low as $5.60.

Most domestic Priority Mail products qualify for free insurance up to $50 or $100, and one, two or three date-specific delivery is based on destination ZIP Code. Improved USPS Tracking makes it easier to see packages at pick up, confirmed final delivery and many points in between.

“The Postal Service remains the best in value in the shipping business,” said Nagisa Manabe, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer. “We continue to offer excellent domestic Flat Rate shipping with a price that doesn’t vary by destination.”

The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) will review the prices before they become effective on Jan. 26, 2014. Today’s Shipping Services price filing will be available on the PRC website at www.prc.gov.

Please use plain text.
centerhill73
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to eleeper-half

Yeah, those look like pretty minimal rate increases. About 4 cents across the board on 1st class and 2.5% for priority mail

Please use plain text.
Community Member

New 2014 USPS Postage Rates

I have no idea when (if) Congress will rule on these, but the request is to raise FC packages a lot at the low end, less as you go up. New rates in the range I use are:

5 oz $2.09
6 oz $2.25
7 oz $2.42
8 oz $2.59
9 oz $2.76
10 oz $2.93

Media Mail would be $2.69/$3.17/$3.65 for 1lb/2lb/3lb.

Small Priority Box would go up to $5.25, Large FR Box to $15.80, APO Large FR box to $13.80, and the rest of the FR pricing stay the same.

(All of these are "Commercial Base pricing"--I assume that's us if we buy on-line. If I got these wrong, please correct me.)

Please use plain text.