cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017, Very Sad!

Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017. half.com an ebay company  View in: Browser   Dear Seller,

This letter is to inform you that Half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017, and you will not be able to sell on the platform following that date. Returns will continue to be processed until October 31, 2017.

We would like to thank you for your support of Half.com – some of you have been with us since we launched in 1999. We have enjoyed being part of your selling journey and wish you ongoing success. For all of your future marketplace needs, visit the eBay Seller Center to learn how to grow your business on eBay.

If you have any questions about this letter, please reach out to us at service@half.com or visit Half.com Closing FAQ for more details.

Sincerely,
The Half.com Team

Message 1 of 67
latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

We knew this was coming, but still, this sucks.

I had some really good years with Half.com, will be missed for media sellers and buyers. I bought more from Half the last couple years than I sold. 🙂

Message 2 of 67
latest reply

Half.com/Ebay might want to make this information a little more easy to find.  The email I recieved looked pretty spam-ish.  Now when I try and find anything under the "Announcements" link...there is NOTHING.  I had to search for this information.  For as big of a deal as this is, you would think it would be easy to locate a press release, annoucement, etc.  

Message 3 of 67
latest reply

You're absoultely correct. After raising the commission to an unacceptable  (25) percent, sales for most buyers fell, reimbursements for postage were not enough to cover actual costs and the files were not accurate with actual listings, causing confusion for pricing.

It is sad because this was a great venue to sell until Ebay got greedy. Other than Amazon, does anyone have a good alternative selling site recommendation?

Message 4 of 67
latest reply

I posted a message about that and the message went poof , somehow.

I liked selling on Half Com

🙂

My Hat is off for all the old Sellers that were here when I was.

Message 5 of 67
latest reply

Oh yes , I'm really sad  i think there is no second chance for the survival of HALF.COM after the 2004 incident

RIP 😌 - I begin to remove all of my stuffs here to another venues

Message 6 of 67
latest reply

half/ebay is embarrassed to make a bigger announcement.  They are going from IRRELEVANT to NONEXISTANT

Message 7 of 67
latest reply

Good luck to you Billy.  I will miss your posts.

Message 8 of 67
latest reply

Amazon is slowly taking over the whole retail marketplace.  Kroger, CVS and Automotive are their next targets.

Message 9 of 67
latest reply

Is this true or some type of joke? The email got shifted to my spam, so I'm not sure.

Go ahead, shoot yourself in the foot, ebay. I'll just move my listings to Amazon. It's easier that way. I always used half.com for buying over Amazon since shipping was better and added from get-go. But there's no way I'm listing my books on ebay--they don't sell fast enough for that. So I'll go to your competitor!

If that's what you want, ebay, go ahead. I'll use your rival. If you want to keep your sellers, then keep half.com.

Message 10 of 67
latest reply

Did anyone suggets an alternative site to sell DVD's? I am assuming eBay does not accept half.com inventory easily and without added expense. Too bad - I've been selling on it so many years. Have a closed down video business with tons of movies. Ugh!

Message 11 of 67
latest reply

would you mind sharing what other venues are working best for you, or you are willing to try? thx.
Message 12 of 67
latest reply

I stuck with Half.Com over the years. My first online sale was with HC then started on Ebay and Amazon. Now have over 6,000 feedbacks. Online total online sales for me is entwined with selling a variety surplus for my employer and others., textbooks, collectible books. Glad I diversified. In approx 5 man hours will have Half.Com inventory changed to Amazon, Ebay and upcoming yard sale. 

Knew this was coming, we as sellers have to roll with the punches and implement changes to survive.  Nellybelly14905

Message 13 of 67
latest reply

I too would like ideas of other places to sell. I liked that I could list for free on half with no time limit. None of the others seem to do that and I am not overly tech savvy for some of the set ups with other vendors. I expect I will just be donating my 2000 books to the library!!

Message 14 of 67
latest reply

People complain about the fees for selling, both here and on the River, but part of that was to subsidize the free listing.  With books, which are basically a "long-tail" product, the ability to list an item for several years without a fee was something I suspect few appreciated.  eBay gives you 50 free listings a month--hardly a replacement for those of us with hundreds/thousands of listings here.  Other than the River, what many of us want is a site with a reasonable fixed monthly cost rather than a per-item cost.

Message 15 of 67
latest reply