cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying this fossil very small 1/2 inch. approx.

I have found this fossil (the white one)  in my driveway in Winnipeg in the 1980's. It is very small 1 x 1 inch. Can anyone say what kind of animal or shell it was? Any market for this little one? Thank you all.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Now that it's time for school again, I'd take it to a local biology teacher - high school or college for an ID. Then post it for a time or two. One never knows about the market until you try it.  Good luck.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I believe it is a bi-valve Doleroides , from the Middle to upper Ordovician period, wide spread over the United States.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Wow! I'm impressed!! It is exciting to finally know something about this little thing I have been holding on to since the '80's! Now - do you think this could be worth something at all or there are too many of those in people's drawers across USA - Canada? Many, many thanks!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you my dear co-ebayer! As you can see, someone already identified it! Wow! I am blown away by all the erudition in our fellow ebayers!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply