eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

"solid 14k white gold" & "natural diamonds" from China

I bid and won two rings at a rediculously low price from two different Chinese sellers. I have never recieived either ring, and now received notice from ebay that they have removed the one seller and I should file if I paid for the ring already. They get you with the shipping... 14.99. Just for curiosity I went on an looked for similar items and found them back on already under a different name, "tenvery" with 0 feedback. Same stuff, same claims and same shipping price of 14.99. I tried to contact ebay regarding the new items listed, and none of the item numbers come up as valid. Has anyone gotten what they purchased (from one of these Chinese sellers) and verified it to be genuine?
Please use plain text.
allopapallo
Community Member

Re: "solid 14k white gold" & "natural diamonds" from China

in reply to rchoep
Do not buy from china, or thailand. It is always a fraud.
Fake gold, fake stones, fake everything.
And shipping it back costs too much, so there is no refund. They cash on that.

Daniel
Please use plain text.
flanagan-laneantiques
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
a fool and his money are soon parted
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
thank you Daniel....
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
OUCH!!!...thx for the words of wisdon flanagan.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
File as item not recieved and get your money back
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
ditto, all of the listings of jewelry from china, hong kong, etc are fake items
and ebay knows it?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
I too bought one of those "14K white gold" rings with the feeling it was a fake but thought I would check it out any way. I got the ring for .99 cents and paid $9.99 for the shipping. I received the ring, which is pretty for the moment until the top layer of metal wears off...LOL... but ebay sent me an email about them being removed and getting my money back for not recieving the item. I will not buy from any one in China again. For that price, there are plenty of ebayers from the US with some really pretty gemstone rings. Live and learn I guess. Good luck to you!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
You getwhat youpay for. In the long run it is cheaper to buy the genuine article for $100 than getting nothing for $25.
Please use plain text.
pre1840lorraine
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
In the real world, there is no way you will buy 14k gold and real diamonds for .99 cents. It would sell for scrap for a lot more.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
I just hate that the sellers insist on trying to sell gold filled, gold plated, or HGE as "solid 14 K white gold" it really scroobers up my searches, since I am only interested in gold and genuine gemstones, and I have to wade through all that junk to find something that I'm interested in. NOBODY could sell solid 14K gold for $0.10, it's a nice dream, but really folks, not happening.
Please use plain text.
airsheep
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
I wonder if using limiters where you set values on your search, say for half of retail price, might help weed out the most outrageous offenses (99 cents for solid gold chains! I call BS).

Coffee is my friend.
T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Please use plain text.
allaboutjo
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
As soon as we search for items on ebay, we immediately click the "US Only" option towards the bottom left hand side. Not worth trying to buy something from overseas, especially when it comes to jewelry.

I have purchase a couple of things, not jewelry related, that were for personal use, but will go no farther than that.
Please use plain text.
lexy143
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
Using a limiter would weed out legitimate auctions too, many people start at 99 cents for loss leaders or because their items always get bid up.
You can narrow down location somewhat.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
Thank you everyone. I should have thought of it myself, but probably was too aggravated to do so. I limited my search to US only, and found that I got a lot more useable results, so thanks again!
Please use plain text.
independencejewelry
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
I just hate that the sellers insist on trying to sell gold filled, gold plated, or HGE as "solid 14 K white gold" it really scroobers up my searches, since I am only interested in gold and genuine gemstones, and I have to wade through all that junk to find something that I'm interested in...

It might help your search if you put in the search box something like "gold -gp -gep -plated -plate -filled -silver -sterling", etc. You have to enter at least one word like gold but then use the minus sign on title words you want to eliminate.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
Some Chinese rings are not fake; many are not. The secret is to check their ratings. If above 95 they are good and sell the real items not fakes. Also by from honest Chinese dealers who sell beautiful, quality items at great prices.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
Yes this has happened several times to me. Some bad sellers on EBay. The best you can hope for is a refund from EBay. Many Chinese sellers are honest, good sellers that sell genuine stones and gold. If their ratings are above 95; generally they are good sellers. However, I had to return one glass bead from a so called reputable TH seller who charged me $173.00 and I could tell it was a glass stone because it had bubbles in it when held to sunlight. So bad and a hassle to return it. Take it to a local jeweler to have it evaluated and contact the seller if its fake. Expose them in your comments and that should help knock the scoundrels out.
Please use plain text.
owl4343
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
95 is not a good rating.
Please use plain text.
grammyanniesattic
Community Member

in reply to rchoep
As soon as we search for items on ebay, we immediately click the "US Only" option towards the bottom left hand side. Not worth trying to buy something from overseas, especially when it comes to jewelry.

I have purchase a couple of things, not jewelry related, that were for personal use, but will go no farther than that.

I do the same exact thing. I'd buy from UK/Germany and a few other places but just so much simpler to do US only.
The only items worth purchasing from China are jewerly display supplies. I havent had any misses with that type of merchandise.
Please use plain text.