eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • StubHub

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: Sterling Silver Necklace marked HCT 925 and Canada

[ Edited ]
in reply to coinandjewelryexchange

If you had opened the link you wouild have seen that HCT is Harcourt, Inc.  They are/were the manufacturer of the necklace. (Out of business according to Trademarkia). In my searches I found some stamped Italy and others Canada, like the OP's.  There seems to be a bit of controversy with the ones stamped Italy, but from what I can find on other sites and ebay the ones stamped Canada seem to be fine.

So what the OP has is a sterling silver (925) necklace made by Harcourt, Inc (HCT) in Canada.

Please use plain text.
coinandjewelryexchange
Community Member

in reply to emerald40

Trade mark for who? Any real info?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to greenteel121

http://www.trademarkia.com/hct-73793898.html

I did a search.  HCT is a trademark as linked above.  In my search I found other sterling silver pieces marked 925 HCT Canada listed on ebay, (B)Etsy and the Lane. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Sterling Silver Necklace marked HCT 925 and Canada

I have a Sterling Silver chain that has the markings HCT 925 and Canada on the Lobster Clamp ends. I was under the impression that HCT 925 was Italian made Sterling. What possible reason would there be Canada written next to the HCT 925.

Please use plain text.