eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Re: S80 Silver? Corporate Greed Ruins the American Dollar. Read the Feedback. lol

in reply to bonjourami

bonjourami wrote:

I never said the 'cancer excuse',you seem to be looking for a whipping boy, so Ill leave you to your anger and hostility.

I am still trying to find where gk said, that you said, "cancer excuse".

Uhhhh,.....Please read below.

Re: S80 Silver? Corporate Greed Ruins the American Dollar. Read the Feedback. lol

in reply to gk681948

I never said the 'cancer excuse',you seem to be looking for a whipping boy, so Ill leave you to your anger and hostility.

DEE
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to bonjourami

Recent Feedback ratings (last 12 months)

1 month   6 months  12 months

Positive feedback rating Positive 541 1931 2470
Neutral feedback rating Neutral 0 0 0
Negative feedback rating Negative 0 0 0

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%

The above Ebay stats include over 100 instantly paid items, worth well over $1,200<<<<<<that's the Seller who broke up the order into about 100 'cases'...no negotiations, no return of emails or calls. The ratings above represent a buyer who is responsible and serious about paying his bills...an old Eagle Scout who has paid all Sellers for a total of over $40,000. As a cancer patient, I used the hospital wifi to simply conduct business in my responsible manner,despite the pain and the obstacles. I did not ask for a discount, special treatment, or anything other than handling a sudden, unavoidable life/death situation. Your smug, mean-spirited insinuations are crude, rude, and ignorant. You're a real company man, Dee. I'd send you medical documents, but won't subject myself to any more abusive trash from you. We've all been burned at one time or another. Of the 99% of the great sellers out there, your vile "advice" is in a NO-CLASS of its own. Bye.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gk681948

Unfortunately, every seller has heard the 'medical emergency' and 'death in the family' excuse many, many, times for not paying...Im not saying it wasnt true in your case, but a hundred non payments is a lot of non payments, and Im sure it was nothing personal, but strictly business,I wouldnt consider that 'exploiting' your cancer surgery.You seem to be well and back on your feet now, and thats good.

"Naru'd for one hundred uid's" means most buyers are permanently suspended for three unpaid items,its three strikes and you're out on Ebay..so the fact that you are still here buying and selling means Ebay let your one hundred unpaid items slide without suspending you.

DEE
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bonjourami

The hard work of a nice Seller made that happen. It didn't work on all her items, THAT part is another Ebay glitch. Ebay cuts me no slack, even when I'm in the hospital for cancer surgery. And the Seller is a rare breed, as his only response to become enraged and expedite my problems and fully exploit my cancer situation. Sadistic and greedy.

P.S. What is "naru'd you for one hundred uid's..."....all that is one Seller reporting each item of yet another big order...to enhance the sting. But thanks for that compassionate and erudite comment.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: S80 Silver?

in reply to jplu4278
I have never needed nor sought any business help.My point was simply that it would have made business sense to coordinate their coordination. The xtremegems people also reneges on a low manager's offer to cancel the order,or at least work on a plan of full payment I have never sought or expected "something for nothing" and I earned at least a response. Or two. I wasn't looking for a discount.I simply had to suddenly pay $2000 cash for an emergency MRzzI MRI .....no negotiations.So neither the Seller or Ebay looked at my payment history. Now I cannot bid, make offers,or even BIzzN.After 2200 payments.
These are the worst and most predatory. Buyers AND Sellers live in a culture of fear. Typing from phone....sorry. gk
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gk681948

And by all rights, Ebay should have naru'd you for one hundred uid's...but you are still here and buying, so it looks like Ebay did cut you some slack.

DEE
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gk681948

Curious that you would think Ebay is somehow responsible for you not paying your seller and should protect you. the contract to buy is between you and the seller...Ebay has nothing to do with it.The seller is the one who filed all the uid's against you...not Ebay.Ebay would not be able to stop the seller from doing that..sellers have rights too on Ebay..not just buyers.

DEE
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to emerald40
Yes! Ebay's callous and greedy deaf ear.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bwrighttwo
Excellent points, bw!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to psychrn2
Great response,psy! Ebay is the corporate greedster here. An American jewelry company destroyed my ability to open an Ebay store .After over $1,000 in purchses, 3000 very happy Sellers in my Positive Feedback and a big star rating, a huge outfit [XTREMEGEMS2010] filed 100 "Unpaid Item" cases when I wrote to them about my medical emergency and trying to buy the items over a 2month period [not my usual instant payment] and I got NO RESPONSE besides the 'unpaid' cases. Ebay just went along, despite my perfect Buyer's record.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: S80 Silver? [vs. real .925 SterlingSilver]

in reply to beany120475

The Gemstones used in the Chinese jewelry are usually of very good quality, but the tarnishing of the fake 'silver' ruins it.

Jewelers in the USA can usually re-make any nice piece for a fair price.

I buy SterlingSilver .925 [92.5% pure silver] at outstanding, fair prices fron a very fair and FREE SHIPPING company called "ballisilver' from Israel. They are fantastic and always the '925' is stamped somwhere on a genuine piece.

The Agate semi-precious gemstones [ a lot from Botswana] are now being sold with a hole drilled,when you but a pendant type exquisite stone. There are also easy to use "findings" to put into the stone's hole .....it gives it a more elite look and it's something we  can all do. They're about $2 for 100% solid .925 Sterling Silver piece which gives you a normal triangle to put your pure .925 chain into. 'Ballisilver" has "lots" [like 5 or 10 chains....in the mostcommon sizes>>>16", 18", 20",22",24"....i got that set and the beautiful chains cost me from $3 tp $8 each. They last forever.

Hope this helps. As for Ebay...they leave buyers to the dogs. VERY unhappy 'Buyer' here.

gary

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to bonjourami

You think that since they collect fees not only for listing but also final fees for selling the item it would be different. Ebay/PayPal is good at figuring out all of the legal loopholes.

How much money do you think they would lose if they were to get rid of the scammers that sell in volume in order to keep their DSR's above the limit?

in reply to sisterrenee

Because Ebay is a listing venue, much like an ad in the newspaper, they do not fall under the FTC's guidelines for false advertising...but certainly an individual seller that deceives his buyer by claiming an item is sterling silver,when it is only plated,is guilty of false advertising...so feel free to sue any of these sellers that you feel fit the bill. 

DEE
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jplu4278
Are there not laws against "false advertisement"?
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ashle_jeffe

Your seller has a couple of negs for selling fake silver, dont know why anyone would buy from China with all the millions of American sellers on here..though I do understand the 'silver' items are much much cheaper. As long as you understand, that if these items you purchased are not silver, you are required to return them to the seller,on your dime, with delivery confirmation, for proof of delivery to Paypal, before you get a refund.That can get very pricey.

DEE
Please use plain text.
volemus
Community Member

in reply to ashle_jeffe

They are a fairly new seller. I do however see a few indications what they sell is not real silver (check the neuts too). That said, I do hope everything goes well for you. If not, wait til your refund clears and neg those bastages....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jplu4278
Also 1 AMERICAN DOLLAR IS WORTH $6.75 IN CHINA DOLLARS...
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to jplu4278

I have recently purchased over $140 worth of 925 silver from a seller. I have not received the items yet, but I have communicated with this seller, he has a 99.7% positive feedback with well over 1,700 sells. No one has yet came back with negative feedback saying it is plated silver or dissatisfied. I hope all goes well with my purchase. The seller said their items can be tested with acid, and even a magnet.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jplu4278
Real for real!
Please use plain text.