eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
sarahh8192
Community Member
why cant I leave feedback if it has been more than 60 days since the item that i had purchased. why is there any limit

the issue I attempted to resolve and never was, is yet to be resolved. the description of the item i purchased was deceiving and basically a lie because the item never functioned fully as was stated . they didnt include 2 out of the 5 included items to begin with and only sent those items after I inquired but took weeks to receive. now that the time limit to open a case against this seller has reached its limit(time wise) they are suddenly not willing or attempting to make it right. At times they were very timely in responding but the last 2 times i didnt hear back at all purposely wasteing time knowing that after 45 days my case wouldnt be heard. I am quite upset and feel ripped off from the beginning with this seller. now i am not even able to leave negative feedback and am stuck with a worthless piece of junk that cost me $50

Other Answers: 5
gageman22
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahh8192

NEVER let a seller string you alnog past the 45 day mark. I am sorry this happened to you, but ebay will not do anything about it. You could try a chargeback if you paid with a credit card. Sorry!

glenda
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahh8192

Actually, at the beginning of eBay and for several years, it was possible to leave feedback longer - and it didn't have to be tied to a transaction, either.  

But the presumption is that transactions should be completed and over with by 60 days - the buyer protection policy only allows a case to be opened within 45 days.  

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahh8192

There has been a 60 day limit on posting feedback for as long as ebay has been in existance, over fifteen years.

SO I guess at this point the answer is that it has always been that way.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahh8192

Hi

It only seems fair that there be some limit on the length of time members can leave each other feedback.  eBay doesn't want anyone leaving negative feedback because they stopped liking an item many months after using it.

Most ... but certainly not all ... transactions are completed before 60 days have expired, so 60 days seemed to be a reasonable length of time to choose.  Once a feedback has been left, however, a Reply or Follow-up can be left indefinitely.

I'm very sorry that your transaction wasn't completed before the time limit to leave feedback.  Stuff happens.  :-(

That said ... if you funded your PayPal payment with a credit card, you may still be able to call your cc company to request a chargeback.  Their time limits tend to be longer than eBay's ... like up to 90 days. 

Good luck!

Paws

Community Member
Answered
in reply to sarahh8192

Never Ever let a seller stall you...No matter what they say or promise....

Always file an appropriate case before your 45 days of Buyer Protection expires..

I hope you didn't lose alot of money on that transaction.