eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
ceityc
Community Member
Why am I unable to leave negative feedback for non payment after I opened the case with eBay, which was closed after they got no response.

I chose to go through eBay rather than leave negative feedback  right away,even though I had sent 3 emails to the member, after receiving no response and giving them over 7 days to pay or respond.  EBay took on the case but they did not get a response eithe. The case was closed and I was not able to leave feedback concerning the member's Buy it Now purchase and not paying for the item.

Other Answers: 6
staceylaura
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ceityc

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for several years now.  You either leave positive or non at all.  If you went through the Unpaid Item Case process then that buyer will have a strike on their account. If they get 2 strikes in 12 months they will be hard pressed to find a seller that doesn't have them blocked from bidding.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ceityc

You can never leave a negative for a buyer, for oh, 4 years or so.

Did you close the case 4 days after opening it, and give the buyer a strike?  If so you'll get your FVF's back.

Read up on how it works:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Put them on your blocked bidder list.

Modify your proifle, block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes.

Feedback means nothing to buyers.  Forgettitaboutit.

Upper right corner on this page, click 'customer support'. Type your question into the input box, and click the 'search' button.

This will answer 99% of all questions posted on this board.
cute.shoes
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ceityc

Please DO file UPI reports after 4-5 days AND close them out 4-5 days later.

Sellers filing the UPI help themselves and other sellers.
eBay provides a method for SELLERS to automatically BLOCK those non-paying deadbeat bidders from your auctions.

Go to My eBay > ACCOUNT tab > SITE PREFERENCES > Buyer requirements
Block buyers who: (and choose any/all of these)

Don't have a PayPal account   (99% of the scammers don't)
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
(automatically blocks proven deadbeats)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
(blocks foreign countries from bidding)
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower (that's minus 1)

You would be amazed at the number of people who come to the Answer Center saying "Unpaid items blocking my bidding."
And the UPIs stay on their record for a year.  So they have a nice long "time out" to think about what they've done wrong :-)
like:
http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Ebay/Wont-Sellers-Let/1000328473
and
http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/Feedback/Continue-Receive-Notices/1000328092

__________ _________ _________ __________
See my "me" page to learn what smart sellers do.
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ceityc

Leaving negative Feedback right away? Even if that was possible, how would that have been appropriate?

You are unable to leave a neg for a buyer because eBay says you can't.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to ceityc

THIS QUESTION is asked every day at least once a day 365 days a year. The answer is eBay decided four plus years ago to stop honest feedback posting for buyers, and every day since then someone wants to know why.

We don't know why, eBay claims it is because sellers were using negative feedback to browbeat buyers, but that is such a silly answer it just isn't credible.. If that is the reason then why are buyers allowed to browbeat sellers?

The UPI system is great and would work even better if eBay just banned the deadbeats after pulling the same stunt twice in one year rather than forcing the sellers to do it themselves. The problem is that new sellers are overwhelmed with information (and some misinformation) when starting out, they seem to miss this nuance more often than not then find out how the system works by getting stung. But UPI has nothing to do with feedback and vice versa.

Site Map at bottom of every eBay page can be your best eBay friend!
staceylaura
Community Member
Answered
in reply to ceityc

Also, when you list an item with a Buy It Now option why are you not requiring immediate payment when they choose to use Buy It Now?